• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If it wasn't clear to you already, Shedinja is suicidal. :'( I like Shedinja though.

Also, it's REALLY weird using past-gen Pokemon for the main story on Black. It's just like "omg you're not supposed to be here." But...it was pretty awesome when my Squirtle was working alongside Cheren's Oshawott. :)

Years
YOU GUYS IT'S HORRIBLE ;_;
I WANTED A DS FOR MY BIRTHDAY SO I CAN GET HG AND WHITE VERSION AND TAKE PART IN THESE AWESOME CHALLENGES WITH MORE POKEMAN
BUT MY MOM WAS ALL LIKE "Yeah it will be easier for you to find a job when you have a car to actually drive to places, so that's what you're getting"
A car guys? How can I do challenges with a 94 Ford D:
I'll wreck it and use the scrap money whahahahahahahahahahahaha
or actually use it to get a job and stop sucking buy the stuff myself.... then I wouldn't have time for Pokemon.... hmmmm... this is trouble

Well my biggest regret is being stuck 5 years into the past with the gba games still (DS roms lag horribly on my computer) but I guess I haz enough challenges going on I will survive, I was just hyped for making the egg challenge before Spring was over bleh.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I WANTED A DS FOR MY BIRTHDAY SO I CAN GET HG AND WHITE VERSION AND TAKE PART IN THESE AWESOME CHALLENGES WITH MORE POKEMAN
BUT MY MOM WAS ALL LIKE "Yeah it will be easier for you to find a job when you have a car to actually drive to places, so that's what you're getting"
or actually use it to get a job and stop sucking buy the stuff myself.... then I wouldn't have time for Pokemon.... hmmmm... this is trouble

Well my biggest regret is being stuck 5 years into the past with the gba games still (DS roms lag horribly on my computer) but I guess I haz enough challenges going on I will survive, I was just hyped for making the egg challenge before Spring was over bleh.
Ugh, that sounds like what my life is like. Parents are all like "get a job so you can live where you want to next year!" and I'm all like "but then I can't do challenges no mo!"

Years

I think a car is a bit more valuable than a DS with some Pokemon Games, js.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, I agree with Karpman...I mean, a DS is nice, but with a car you can get a job and make money to buy your own, and the games. :x So yeah. Plus you need a car in life more than you need a DS.

Anyway, I just saw the weirdest challenge...and it was...very obvious someone didn't read the rules or FAQ. :[ It's a shame~! It wasn't an odd challenge, but it really had no substance. It was just...beat all main games essentially, but it had no rules, and it had this weird story, and it calculated how much all the games cost and I was just like "...well this makes me realize how much money I've spent on this series" and yeah. :x

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Survival Challenge, Chess Challenge, Monotypes, Dream Themes?

There's alot!

Or you can do what I did and go through the game with the worst Pokemon accesable (I also did this without saving)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
omg, took a solo break today. Playing the same game over and over and over again without a break gets pretty...bleh. Lol, only 10% done.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well I got my Dexter challenge done, finally, only to find that Syd locked the thread...
Oh well, now I'll finish my Normal Monotype and my Hall of Fame.

Yeah, I had my reasons though. :x And I should work on HoF. I tried to work on gen V the other night, but ahhh, couldn't focus. Plus, I've been having this problem with headaches lately. I'll probably go to the doctor tomorrow. I tried working on the favorite challenge earlier...hatched my Delibird finally, but didn't feel like grinding all night. :( I haaate the desert.

I dunno, both are pretty dangerous. A DS could leave you with a bad case of addiction and it could potentially worsen somebody's vision if used for a prolonged period of time, and a car could potentially cause death, so...

...Though if it really came down to it, I'd think the car poses more of a thread than a video game console, in which the negative side efffects could be avoided by putting down the game and doing something else completely different. Like the internet.

...But then again, isn't the internet unhealthy, too? Okay I think I'm rambling a bit here but you get my point ok. :(

lmao, I love how you come into CI&D and ignore the C part of the title! :( lol u so crazy

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Bzzt! Wrong. I changed the thread title. :) Everyone has to do a mono-species run with Petilil now. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That could just be added to the dream theme challenge, I think...maybe...possibly. :x There are quite a number of flower Pokemon though. Erica would be overjoyed...

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
That reminds me of somedudes Florwer Power Nuzlocke where they only good use Pokemon with Flowers, *Sun* Pokemon, or pokemon for watering stuff.

It was a good run, till they lost a Burgh, if only he still had his Solrock.

Years
woot I am writing from my DSi (not that cool, but meh only $20 more than the lite and this browser is dumb) but point is I got one and i'll probably get White Version tomorrow and Soul Silver on Ebay later. More challenge participaption from me tomorrow.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Good news: I'm back from my vacation for more challenges! Yay for me :P

Bad news: I haven't done all the challenging i promised, playing mostly white. On the positive side, i'm soon ready for Unova challenges now :I

Mewtwo Psy Savage

Dark Ruler of the New Era
Years
I have an idea for a challenge:

"Ancient Army Challenge"

Requires a god pokemon (Legendary, must be named after a greek/roman/etc. god.) I.e. A Victini named Apollo.
Requires a commander. (Starter, fully evoed, All offensive moves.) I.e. Blastoise, Typhlosion, Sceptile, Empoleon, Serperior.
Requires 2 warriors. (Steel/fighting/rock/normal types.) I.e. Bisharp, Scraggy, Onix, Audino.
Requires 2 slaves. (Hm Slaves) I.e. Jellicent and Pidgeot.

Challenge ends when you topple the champion/red.

"Easter Challenge"

Consists of 3 pokemon.

1 Pokemon- Your Bunny. MUST be full-evoed if not a legendary, and must be named E.B. Must be a normal or a fighting type, perfered Chansey. BUNNY MUST KNOW AT LEAST 1 MOVE THAT HAS TO DO WITH EGGS!

Your 2nd pokemon- Your carrier. Must be defensive, must be your "Tank" of sorts. This pokemon CAN BE A STEEL/ROCK TYPE!

Your 3rd pokemon- Your "Rudolph" of sorts. Must be named "Rudolph" and must be male. This pokemon MUST have high speed, and can be a flying type.

You ARE allowed HM Slaves.

Challenge ends when Carrier becomes level 45, E.B. becomes level 60, and Rudolph becomes level 40.

Im pumping up the holiday challenges. I shall start with New Years.

"Celebratory" 1-Day Speed Run Challenge.

On New Years Eve/Day, beat a pokemon game! Name your character New, and your rival Year.

"Rose Thorns" Love Hurts Challenge.

Name your character Rose, doesn't matter if it be male or female, and capture one full team of grass pokemon. Then, take out 1 grass for a steel type, 1 grass for a fighting type, one grass for a rock type, and one grass for a dark type.

You get a big chunk of hard-to-eat team.

St. Patty's and Easter were done.

"Summer of Siera" Challenge.

Kind of a like a monotype fire run through, only in the summer of B/W, and name your character "Suno".

"Ring My Bell" School Challenge.

Name your character the initials of your school, and capture pokemon based on your school colors. Say your school is Dragon Rock High, and your colors are black and brown. So you name your character DRH, and only capture black and brown pokemon. YOU ALSO MUST HAVE A STEEL TYPE OR SOMETHING IN THE SHAPE OF A BELL. IT MUST BE NICKNAMED BELL.

I think Halloween was already done.

"Rise of The Birds" Thanksgiving challenge.

B/W only, name character Pil, and only get flying types.

"Ho-oh-OW" Christmas Challenge.

Heartgold Only.
You must have a Ho-oh on your team. Name it Santa.
You must have 2 "Reindeer" Speedy pokemon. Name them Rudolph and Reindeer.
You must have a dragonite on your team. Name it "Mrs. Claus."

Celebration ends day after New Years.

Rose Thorns ends Feb. 16.

Summer ends first day of September.

Rise of The Birds ends when you get to the northernmost point in the game.

Ring My Bell ends Last day of September.

Ho-oh-OW ends when you beat E4.

Celebration ends day after New Years.

Rose Thorns ends Feb. 16.

Summer ends first day of September.

Rise of The Birds ends when you get to the northernmost point in the game.

Ring My Bell ends Last day of September.

Ho-oh-OW ends when you beat E4.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I won't be on PC for a while guys :/ Not sure hoe long I will be absent, but I anticapate a week. Hope you guys enjoy challenges without me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hi challengers. :D Hope you all have a good Easter (and if you don't celebrate it, you can got bat **** insane and hunt the eggs on PC like I've been for the past few days!) and good luck in whatever challenges you might be doing. Or have fun in the breaks you're taking. Or don't have fun. That's your choice...

/doesn't feel like reading that long post rn

PS: If you are egg hunting, there is an egg in the first post of this thread. :)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Isn't looking for the eggs around PC a challenge in itself? /zing

I've been bored lately, apart from preparing my Black Team for a local tournament, I've had nothing to do, Pokemon wise, so I'm thinking of starting up a new challenge for myself. I've got a few options. I could either continue with my Nuzlocke or something kick the shyte outta Dad, resume my solo Shroomish run, or I'm even thinking of starting up a (Fire)Red monotype challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back