• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokemon Anime Adventure

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
Hello ;) im making a game based mainly on the anime and movies but i am having trouble coming up for a name... all ideas are welcome..

Current Possible Names:

Pokemon: Master Quest
Pokemon - An Anime Adventure
Pokemon Master Quest - An Anime Adveture
Pokemon: The Ketchum Chronicles
Pokemon: The Pikachu Chronicles

If anyone has any ideas or thinks that more info on the game would be helpfull dont hesitate to share them.

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Umm this section is for Plot/Story ideas not for you to ask for title suggestions, if you need help with this ask in the correct section.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
i figured this was the best section for it... if you know where it blongs could you please let me know where?

i can't see how you would figure that, when your topic clearly has no story/plot development posted in it, this should either be asked in the "Help and Requests" sticky, or posted on the first page of the "Game Development" section.

Exiled~Shadow

Years
I got a name!!!

Pokemon Linked?

umm... i dont think that suites this game very much but thanks for trying.

i was thinking last night cause i couldnt sleep and came up with 2 more possible ideas

Pokemon: The Ketchum Chronicles

Pokemon: The Pikachu Chronicles

i think it is allmost certain that "An Anime Adventure" will be like a subtitle and i think "Pokemon: The Ketchum Chronicles" is more appropriate because im thinking about after you beat the game you settle down with ??? (Misty, May, Dawn or any one elce that comes along) and you have a kid and he goes of on a pokemon adventure to the ketchum chonicles would be more appropriate....

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2009
hey jjmcay i think u should call it Pokemon master quest!

it sounds great.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
uhh... i think you should add some stuff you've been working on, cuz im pretty sure otherwise it might get closed soon!

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Years
It'd be very helpful if you provided some sort of plot information. It would be impossible for anyone to come up with a title that suits a game they know nothing about. (A prime example being the 'Pokemon Linked' suggestion that you turned down.)

Exiled~Shadow

Years
Ok, well there isnt much to explain... its the anamie... you play as ash ketchum just like in the anamie, some evolutions are story based and not lvl based, in some parts like episode one of Diamond Pearl you can play as other characters like Dawn. there will be a few more features like 2 more reigons and such but besides that there isnt much more to it...

Just imagine walking through viridain forest and coming across your first pokemon to catch (caterpie) and the venturing through to the pewter gym battle and having brok join you on your quest...

i hope that is enough infomation... im pretty sure it is gonna be master quest but anything can change

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Good stories have titles only after they are completed. A good title should by no means dictate the contents of the story, which would be written afterwards, if that's what you're suggesting. Why don't you write the story out first, then let the title come up with itself?

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
It's a plot, so I'm licensed to critique it...
Ok, well there isnt much to explain If that's the case, go outside and jog some laps to get your creative juices flowing. Take Origin Version as an example--you should have ba lot to explain.... its the anamie The anime can only be a game successfully if you twist the events flawlessly into something we don't see coming or to be a little more interesting. The issue is that, if not by gameplay, games are driven by the story. If the story is the anime, then the only way retelling it can be a better alternative than using Youtube or veoh to watch it is to do a handfull of change-ups. I can make suggestions if you'd like. For example, I'd like to see more psychology of the sceintists during their Mewtwo project evidenced in their notebook remains at the Cinnabar Mansion.... you play as ash ketchum just like in the anamie, some evolutions are story based I approve if and only if they are pkmn that evolve not by level...see, you're changing the entire game if you make Bulbasaur (are all of your team members forced, then? Interesting premise, but...) never evolve if you don't go to the flower show with the Venusaur. and not lvl based, in some parts like episode one of Diamond Pearl Wait, you're planning on going beyond Kanto? One game at a time, please... you can play as other characters like Dawn. there will be a few more features like 2 more reigons and such but besides that there isnt much more to it...Do you know what that entails? Two more regions...for exploration? No...they've gotta be story-based. Why do you go to them? I really get the vibe that they are forced, and you shouldn't use force for anything, IRL or on the Internet. It should happen naturally.[/AZ'swisdomoftheday]

Just imagine walking through viridain forest and coming across your first pokemon to catch (caterpie) and the venturing through to the pewter gym battle and having brok join you on your quest...I don't have to imagine it considering I've surely seen the anime episodes way more than you have...see, that's the issue here. How can you retell the anime while making it engaging for a video game? Reimagining it is a cool idea, but you gotta divorce something or change someone's personality or something...something. I don't know where you're going with this considering the anime map is significantly larger than the in-game map (which makes it seem like multiple regions unless every town is done in microscale...eww).

i hope that is enough infomation... im pretty sure it is gonna be master quest We're in Kanto, and you're calling it Master Quest?! That was my favourite season, and that would be a crime to steal its name for a game, let alone one not in Johto. but anything can change

h POKE's advice is perfect...once the adventure is laid out, either in your head or on paper, the title should be glistening SOMEWHERE in there. I ask you to consider the plot first and then worry about such trivialities as a title...

Exiled~Shadow

Years
Ok i will think about all this... i didnt realy think there was that much too it... ok, i will sit on this for a while... the main reason i was calling it master quest because it is a master quest... its all the seasons of the anime not just one... and i was going to try to do the movies aswell. and yea, i havnt seen much of the anamie since i am in australia... it used to be on free tv here but now its only on foxtell witch i cant afford... looks like i have alot of thinking to do. thanks for the advice guys

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Remember, though, a title does not necessarily need to be something important in the story. In fact, many of the best titles I've seen are quite subtle. When your players are conduced into thinking of some unimportant thing that they may normally wouldn't have, when they examine every nook and cranny of the world in which you've laid, then you may just have the start of a wonderful story.

Back