• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Doom Black

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
FOLLOW US:

Pokémon Black Doom returns!
(well, even if it's called Doom Black now for geman translation)
FOLLOW US:

A Pokémon Fire Red Hack

The Legend:
Somewhen, more than 5000 years ago, when first Civilizations started to develop, people began to look for answers to certain questions. The people of Metlunya achieved enlightment when they learned about the creators of the world. Those beings were called Arceus and Blitheairion and the beings they created, were called "Poktamuna"(Pokémon) in Metlunya language. The Metlunya knew that the world was about to face terrible doom, and that only the two creators could save the world. Other cultures were scared because of the Poktamuna and the superior knowledge of the Metlunya and so they teamed up against them and were swept off the face of the earth. But the elder family survived and sent the creators back into their long, long sleep and saved the world from it's terrible fate. The legend says that one day, When the world faces a global crisis a young boy will revive the creators and save the world.....

Story:

You live in the small village of Pagkakaibigan, which is in the region of Pinanggalingan, close to the border of Kamatayan. Your father is one of the top archeologist who does research on the Metlunya. He has been searching the old ruins of Banal na Metlunya for 50 years now and he's shortly before a breakthrough in Metlunya research.

You, a 12 year old boy, just got his first pokémon for christmas who has been waiting so long to finally get his own pokémon.
Then, on New Year's Eve, your mother recieves a call from the lab your dad is working: Caller: Is that you, Ms. ???. Mom: Yes, it's me. Caller: I am very sorry to tell you that we haven't heard from your husband for three weeks now. We are afraid that something has happened to him..........

More in the game!

Features:
complete new story, new graphics, new characters, (hopefully, if i can contact them) the same gym leaders as in my first hack, One new Legendary, More darker palettes ( Original ones too bright and kinda childish for a crisis-facing world), UPS Patching Systems, will be released in both english and german, sentences in Metlunya language are actually Tagalog(Filipino)

Progress:
Pagkakaibigan
Mapping: 9/10
Story: 5/10
Scripting: 0,1/10
Trainer Balancing: 0/10

Screenies: (Grass tiles made by ♠ΛςΣ ρπΔητΦΩ♠ )

2s6le6b.png
r0ozye.png
2qso5rl.png

Bato Paraan
Mapping: 8/10
Story: 2/10
Scripting: 0,5/10
Trainer&Wild Poké Balancing: 0/10

Screenies:

28lsvb8.png
ilely0.png
28amfpu.png

(Notice that the difference of tree colours is related to weather effects)

Panggatongbato
Mapping 6/10
Story 1/10
Scripting 0/10
Trainer Balancing: 1/10

Screenies:

35mk0ba.png
ao2r1c.png
24pzyp4.png

Here is the Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Panggatong Paraan
Mapping: 5/10
Story: 0/10
Scripting: 0/10
Trainer&Wild Poké Balancing: 0/10

Screenies:

Spoiler:

Sidequest making contest!

Everyone can be a part of Doom Black by submitting sidequest ideas. If you want to participate, just write a title for your story, then the persons who are in it (for example: The hero, yourself, his mom, some random persons)
Then comes the story.

Not too hard, eh?

If you want to be gym leader or elite four, please introduce yourself with desired name, sprite,Which leader you want to be ( Elite 4 N.1 or Gym Leader 2), your Pokémon Team and a few words about the personality of the desired leader/elite four

Example:

Leader Andrew
[herecomessprite]
3rd Gym leader
Flareon, Magmortar
Andrew is that kind of guy that gets mad very easily and that is also shown in his choice of pokemon

Got it? If you want to submit tiles please color them darkly becaus they have to fit to the downgoing world of doom black.
For minisprites please at least with all viewing directions. animation pics not required

So, that should be all.
Now trying to get a mod to move this into progressing hacksDONE

The Metlunya Archeologist Report

Logfiles of Client_661231 from 10th september-11th september
10th September 10.23 PM: [Dad]: Boss, I think we are almost done in revealing the secret of the exact location of Banal na Metlunya. After Jim's calculations, we should get there til midnight.
11th September 0.03 AM: I think we found it. The whole place is totally coverd with grass and trees. But we have to be extremely careful. I've seen extremely strong Pokémon and there is a labyrinth in front of us. We hope that it leads to the temple.
11th September 0.14 AM: This is really crazy. The temple isn't even damaged a little! There are symbols on it. They look like those circles that Togepis got. We're heading inside.
11th September 0.21 AM: We've found a room with two statues. One of them looks like an Arceus, the other one is unknown, But its probably Blitheairon.
11th September 0.23 AM: We've found a writing on one of the statues: Upang muling mabuhay sa amin, kailangan mong pumunta sa. What in hell? Look at the english translation: To revive us, you need to go to ... But where do we have to go? There's a word missing? SILENCE! I think I heard something. [???]: You're coming with me. You know too much about our enemies. You are not allowed to live. GRUNTS! Take them to our secret base! [Dad]: NO! What are you........ CONTACT_TERMINATE_lostradioconnection

Releases:

I won't give release dates

Credits section

Credit goes to LU-HO for Advance Map 1.92 (Can't wait for Ver2.0!!!)
Microsatansoft for MS Paint.
Hacking legends as coolboyman, zel 2.0, Teh Baro or destinedjagold for insiring me ♠ΛςΣ ρπΔητΦΩ♠ for his tiles
more soon

I am currently looking for:
Spriters (as much as possible, also overworld)
scripter (1 main for the "bigger" events and 1-2 assistant scripter for smaller stuff like dialouges etc.
worldmap and titlescreen creator (I will design them myself, I just need someone to insert them)
sidequest makers (this can be everybody. post your ideas for sidequests and the team (if they are good) will might implent them into the hack )

that's all for now.

Oh yeah, one thing left: Pokémon Doom Black is now on Twitter! Follow us :

Last edited:

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
Nice screenies :D. Also, why did you make 2 trees blocking the cave in woody route

Those two were temprorarily. now ther's just one blocking the cave

Ok . But I don't like the grass tiles . Better improve there .

is the green ground the grass? Btw, if it is, you have to change it xD

The grass looks this bad because of extreme palette darkening, I will change the grass tiles soon

Announcement!

Due to lack of tile making talent and lazyness and the will of integrating the community i will start a tile contest!

More details in 1st post soon!!!

Last edited:

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
I like the story and the creativity in the names (Though I had a minute getting my tongue around a few).

Only thing, you should maybe make the grass palette the same color as the dark shade of green at the bottom of the trees. Makes it blend better, and the palettes would still be dark.

But other than that, I like this. It's got potential. Maybe I might submit some tiles later, hopefully, if I'M not too lazy. :p

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
hmm..can you expand the storyline??i know you put the "Legend" there too but i want to know more on the story..anyway,like evryone said,the palletes are not nice but you said you gonna change it so thats ok..and for the tiles,wouldn't it be easier for you to just go to the pixel art to view people's tile and use them??and by saying you are lazy to make them is not an excuse..i think it will be better if you make them as you know your own taste..LOL

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
I like the story and the creativity in the names (Though I had a minute getting my tongue around a few).

Only thing, you should maybe make the grass palette the same color as the dark shade of green at the bottom of the trees. Makes it blend better, and the palettes would still be dark.

But other than that, I like this. It's got potential. Maybe I might submit some tiles later, hopefully, if I'M not too lazy. :p

I knew it would be hard to spell the names, since they are written in Tagalog.
To the palettes: they ar subjec to change a little. nothing is ever perfect. But i hope this hack comes near being perfect! XD!

hmm..can you expand the storyline??i know you put the "Legend" there too but i want to know more on the story..anyway,like evryone said,the palletes are not nice but you said you gonna change it so thats ok..and for the tiles,wouldn't it be easier for you to just go to the pixel art to view people's tile and use them??and by saying you are lazy to make them is not an excuse..i think it will be better if you make them as you know your own taste..LOL

I am working on a storyline expanding, but it takes a long time because I don't want to spoil too much.

And thanks for the Pixel Art suggestion. I'll take a look right now.

The only good i am in tiling is ripping and recoloring. my own-made tiles suck.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I knew it would be hard to spell the names, since they are written in Tagalog.
To the palettes: they ar subjec to change a little. nothing is ever perfect. But i hope this hack comes near being perfect! XD!

I am working on a storyline expanding, but it takes a long time because I don't want to spoil too much.

And thanks for the Pixel Art suggestion. I'll take a look right now.

The only good i am in tiling is ripping and recoloring. my own-made tiles suck.
Owhkae..hope to see the extended storyline soon and new screenies..and it is not that hard to make tiles.You just need determinaton and hard work..i was a rookie too once[done a very bad tile]but still improving my skills..xd

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
The screenies look average, and so do the names (far to long). Other then that this hack is looking fairly promising. Good Luck on progress.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
This hack is not so good in my opinion, i don't like the grass pallet, its to dark, and the region and starting town names are REALLY REALLY weird. But the mapping skills and time you put into it are pretty good.

NatureKeeper

I can script, but I am sorry, you better translate from that Language or else no body will play it, and nobody will waste their effort on a custom-language hack.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
The tiles are... the tree shadow needs DESPERATE looking at. Seriously, make all the pallettes fit at least! Also, there are tile errors, and do not use that Mart and PC pokeball icon thing above the door in Panggatongbato please, and look over your maps more, as there are quite a few errors that are... Easily fixable.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
everything sticks out exsept the grass it looks werid like what sharp point said ther are tile and block erros
BUT its refresing to see nice tree alinement :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2009
Leader Jake
[cant find it but silver's sprite]
8th Gym leader
Charzard dugtrio richu poliwarth primape
clefable - move set covers teams weakness

Jake is clam usally loves all his pokemon and mad all his pokemon the others
is it ok if i made a diffent type team and if he can be a leader he is an ace trainer

also is u will need any other teams i have others

one more thing i can be a beta tester

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
First: Sorry for not being active in the last time, school started few weeks ago and I had a lot to do. Now I have time for it but as sad as it is, in two weeks I have a big maths exam, and I have to learn alot, so I will be working on weekends twice as hard as normally. I hope to release a beta til' my birthday (11th April)
Second: Thanks for posting

I see so many tile errors.

I can script, but I am sorry, you better translate from that Language or else no body will play it, and nobody will waste their effort on a custom-language hack.

Just the Names of some people, regions, towns and all the text in the ruins and old inscriptions will be in Tagalog(You will still understand the stuff, as there are NPCs beside you who understand this)

I'd like there to be a tag battle sidequest
Sorry, this form cannot be accepted. TwinSouls has done it in a proper way:

Leader Jake
[cant find it but silver's sprite]
8th Gym leader
Charzard dugtrio richu poliwarth primape
clefable - move set covers teams weakness

Jake is clam usally loves all his pokemon and mad all his pokemon the others
is it ok if i made a diffent type team and if he can be a leader he is an ace trainer

also is u will need any other teams i have others

one more thing i can be a beta tester

He has written everything he needed to write.
This is how it should be done (except for the ****** grammar, but i don't blame him for it, my grammar used to suck hell)

The tiles are... the tree shadow needs DESPERATE looking at. Seriously, make all the pallettes fit at least! Also, there are tile errors, and do not use that Mart and PC pokeball icon thing above the door in Panggatongbato please, and look over your maps more, as there are quite a few errors that are... Easily fixable.

Those palletes will be optimized later. I am currently working on a new pokecenter.
And about the maps, the game is still in prepre alpha stage, and everything is subject to change.

everything sticks out exsept the grass it looks werid like what sharp point said ther are tile and block erros
BUT its refresing to see nice tree alinement :D

like in the response below....
Thanks for the compliment on the tree alignment. I have learned from Neti's tut, but the pics aren't working anymore. Very sad... It was intense, but still simple to understand. Maybe GameFreak should read some of pokecommunitys tuts xD

The screenies look average, and so do the names (far to long). Other then that this hack is looking fairly promising. Good Luck on progress.

being average is still better than being crappy!

This hack is not so good in my opinion, i don't like the grass pallet, its to dark, and the region and starting town names are REALLY REALLY weird. But the mapping skills and time you put into it are pretty good.

So that's all for now.
Greetz, GiantGroudon

Updates on features will only be published on weekends!

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Spoiler:

Omg, I'm sick.

The stair tiles aren't suppose to lead you down, only up. That building looks so wierd with mountains around it. At the top, the mountainous region can't turn into a grassy land like that. And the pavement has tile errors O_o

But, w/e as long as this entire map will be fixed no worries.

Back