• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Respland Radiance

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016

41by.png

Respland Radiance

Basically a repost of my old gallery which was locked at my request. Same thing fellas, just comment and critique my work, be harsh but also constructive please. I appreciate it all the comments and stuff even if it takes me a while to reply back since I'm busy. If you want a signature/avatar done just drop me a VM and we'll sort it out from there. If you want to use an existing signature then go for it, just credit.

Also please don't steal, it's not cool.

Gallery

Works
o9tf.png

uv4p.png

4i3b.png

uptq.png

g4mv.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow Pokedra, these are just stunning. I'm almost upset that you've only showcased four tags (excluding avatars) because your work is really just.. wow.

I adore this one. The contrast between that blue and yellow is just amazing. Although, she appears to be a little over sharpened around the edges (particularly around the arm). But that may just be my computer. Beyond that though your backgrounds and color choices are impeccable. Actually, the more I look at all of them, the more I can see the contrast. The green / orange really sells the character in this. The softness there (I'm not sure if it's specifically blur because I don't know graphics for beans) works so well in that piece.

I'm really surprised by your text too. They don't look out of place at all and blend in seamlessly with the subject. From everything I understand, that's ridiculously hard to do. :p

This gallery was a real treat to look at! n_n; I really hope you continue to post updates and maybe open an official shop. A&D needs more artists like you cause this work really stands out.

I have so much more to say about your gallery but not enough time! :(

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Wow Pokedra, these are just stunning. I'm almost upset that you've only showcased four tags (excluding avatars) because your work is really just.. wow.

I adore this one. The contrast between that blue and yellow is just amazing. Although, she appears to be a little over sharpened around the edges (particularly around the arm). But that may just be my computer. Beyond that though your backgrounds and color choices are impeccable. Actually, the more I look at all of them, the more I can see the contrast. The green / orange really sells the character in this. The softness there (I'm not sure if it's specifically blur because I don't know graphics for beans) works so well in that piece.

I'm really surprised by your text too. They don't look out of place at all and blend in seamlessly with the subject. From everything I understand, that's ridiculously hard to do. :p

This gallery was a real treat to look at! n_n; I really hope you continue to post updates and maybe open an official shop. A&D needs more artists like you cause this work really stands out.

I have so much more to say about your gallery but not enough time! :(
Thank you haha.

I have a few more in storage but haven't uploaded yet, I'll try get some more up when possible. The Lucy one took a while admittedly and the end result was me just messing around with colours and bokehs, the result before was rather bland but I managed to get that sunny feel. It is blur, actually the render was a little LQ but it was the only one I could find, a bit of blur and downsizing was the best I could do to make it look a bit better unfortunately.

Thanks, I may consider opening a shop but in all honesty the demand isn't high. If enough people want it though I'll consider it. I'll definitely update this thread as I make more (or upload some older ones). Thanks for all the advice.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Woah, this are awesome!!!!!!

I wish I can make sigs and avatars like that! :3

Anyways my favorites are Lelouch, Itachi, and Lucy! They are all awesome! Hope in seeing more of these. :)

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Thanks Shadowraze.

Yeah I did like how the Lucy one turned out, it took a while as well. I've added two more for your viewing pleasure.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
You do realize it's okay to bump if you have updates, right? :p

Anyway, there's been a huge jump in the quality of your works since your last gallery. Most of the stuff from your previous gallery lacked vibrancy and had very unclear focals (the rukia tag here still suffers a bit, though. The blurry red/blue colored fractals situated above her aren't necessary. Nor is the part that's visible over her face). Those problems aren't visible now for the most part. So good job on that!

All of them are really vibrant. Colors in some of them look really good - esp in Rydia and Lucy tag. Even the lelouch tag manages to look pretty good even though the effects are, in my opinion, monotonous. Contrary to what others might say, my fave out of all of your tags would be the Rydia tag. It looks gorgeous. Effects really go well with the render used and you've somehow managed to make green look good. XD; I fail badly everytime I try to work with the color green, haha.

Oh, and I see you've been trying to work on depth in the latest few banners. You've done a decent job and have improved. I'll say just practise a bit more and I'm sure you'll become really efficient at it in no time. :3

Now, you've improved for the most part but there are still these things that you can do:

If possible, get rid of the text completely. The placement in most of your tags is just awkward, imo. I think you should leave typography for later. It's one of the most difficult aspects of graphic designing, anyway. I'd rather see you work on your depth and improve the colors so that they stand out. But yeah, your choice. If you do want to add text, try to make sure the placement doesn't look awkward. Generally, places that are near the edges or the corners just suck as far as text placement goes. Also, don't be afraid to place the text over the render. They're situated behind the render in all of your works and I think you'd benefit if you experiment a bit.

Another thing I notice is the total lack of foreground effects. Why? :( Add a few bokeh textures or even some c4ds but try to add something at the very least. Otherwise the render doesn't blend properly and it looks as if you've pasted the render over a pretty background. Some tags like the Rydia and Lucy tag look fine without them but the renders in some of your works just look totally disconnected from the background due to lack of proper blending (which itself is a result of lack of foreground effects in most cases). Talking about the Touya and Yusei tags in particular here.

Anyway, hope that was helpful. :3 Good going, pal. You've improved TONS in a really short amount of time. Have high hopes for ya, mate. <3;

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Cheers Derozio, sorry for not replying earlier..been busy.

Yeah I'm going for more vibrancy and depth lately, it still needs some work as you pointed out so I'll work on it when I have more spare time.

I dislike not having text but I see your point, I'll experiment at bit more in text and try get it as unnoticeable as possible. Behind I feel works a bit better so as to not detract away from the focal point, I'll see.

Yes, definitely agree on the foreground effects, it's just hard to add foreground effects without them detracting focus away from the focal.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Woahh look at you, champ! Your gallery is really impressive. I'm envious of how effectively you used the greens and oranges in the Rydia tag, my favorite piece of yours. Green is a difficult color to work with, like Dero said. I also really like the Lelouch banner; good choice on the pointy/angular C4d in the background here, fitting for any one of the heavily stylized characters from Code Geass. :P Even the red circles in the background of the Itachi background remind me of blood. Am I over thinking things? Overall, I can tell that you've put a tremendous amount of love and effort into your works. :3

As for how you can improve, I agree that you should play around more in the foreground. Try to blend in the 2D character more with the background. If you want, try using less C4Ds and more 2D/artistic textures.

Be careful when effects overlap the focal. You should erase the effects off the render's face at least, such as in the Rukia and XY girl banners. Also more about the XY girl banner, what happened in the top left corner? It looks a bit fuzzy. The red round C4D there is also sticking out in an odd direction. The POKEMON text isn't necessary either. Feel free to forgo the text on banners. Your text is fine, a lot better than what I can do, but sometimes you don't need to include the character/series name. I wanna see the art more, haha.

While I'd love to make a request and give you a nice anime character to work with, you should also work with human models sometime! Looking forward to future works, hun. :)

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i love your gallery. the images are such high quality. i love the coloring on each of the tags.
some of the texts are amazing, but a couple of them look a little blurry. also, i wish the image would blend more into the background so it doesn't look like it was just pasted on last before the coloring. i can't wait to see more. (:

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Yep, foreground effects need work.

I'll have some more up shortly.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Updated with some newer stuff.

Haven't practised in nearly 4 months however.

Back