• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Walking With Pokémon

PhoenixSoul

I gain strength from my ashes
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I loved that feature in HG and SS! It just gives a different feeling to the whole game when you see you pokemon following you and training side by side. I hope that the feature will be implemented in future game as an option ( like you can choose to have them follow you or not ) so that each players taste will be taken into consideration. :)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
The Walking Pokemon feature is what makes HGSS stand out, it's nice to see Pokemon follow me around, talking to them, and the best part is that the Pokemon retains the shinyness outside. I wish that feature return someday.

tnfsf11

The Walking Pokemon feature is what makes HGSS stand out, it's nice to see Pokemon follow me around, talking to them, and the best part is that the Pokemon retains the shinyness outside. I wish that feature return someday.
It would be hard to implement it in a 3D game, simply because they would have to shrink all pokes so they have a reasonable overworld size compared to the player, it would also be more work for GF since they will now need to make new 700+ Pokémon models just for the overworld. :/

Though who knows, maybe in a future generation they will put the option of having a Pokémon follow you, but it will probably be shrunk, I'm totally fine with that... :)

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I'll probably freak out in joy if they added this feature in XY as a hidden surprise.
To be honest, I never liked G/S/C but HG/SS made me change my mind mainly because of this feature alone, the feature wasn't something that was necessarily needed and it wasn't that big of a deal at all, but small things can make a lot of people happy, ya' know?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I love taking my Pokemon on walks . . . I didn't even let my Chikorita evolve for a long time, because I loved having him follow me. When you would talk your Pokemon, and they would give you hugs or jump up and do all those little actions, that was so cute. . . Plus how Shiny Pokemon would actually follow you as Shiny Pokemon! I miss it!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This is my all time favorite feature in Pokemon. It makes me so happy to have my Pokemon following me!! It's adorable, and they actually have shiny sprites so you can show off that awesome find or that difficult RNG you worked for. Love it! Wish this feature would return in future games.

Back