• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
hold, on so now i got myself a question. Does applymovement CAMERA

replace :

special 0x113 &special 0x114?
Nope, PKSV and XSE do the same thing, only different ways (sort of, different ways as in syntax) and the CAMERA is just an alias used to applymovement to whatever persond id the camera has.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
hold, on so now i got myself a question. Does applymovement CAMERA

replace :

special 0x113 &special 0x114?

Nope, applymovement CAMERA
is the same as
applymovement 0x7E

You still need special 0x113 and special 0x114 t ouse it, same as both XSE and PKSV, PokeScript, and even ScriptEd.

All of the scripting programs do the same thing, the difference is which ones actually have the capabilities of keywords like special, random, and any other command.
Older script programs require typing them in using RAWs, it is the same exact thing, just makes it easier to read.

For instance...
#raw 0x25
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x14

is the SAME EXACT THING as

special 0x114, but special 0x114 is easier to read indeed, is it not?

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
For instance...
#raw 0x25
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x14

is the SAME EXACT THING as

special 0x114, but special 0x114 is easier to read indeed, is it not?
As is:
Code:
special CAMERA_START
' ...
special CAMERA_END

But I admit I don't document these well :p
I might bundle a text file or something with the EXE...

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
ok in other words it goes like this:

Applymovement 0x7F == Applymovement CAMERA

Special 0x113 == Special CAMERA_START

Special 0x114 == Special CAMERA_END

and then what if i wanted to change the tile though a level script

For ex:

Earthquake occurs one of the cave wall tile gets replaced with entrance tile/warp tile.

i'm not sure of the commands (yes i know earthquake script...i'm not a total n00b)

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2010
Help?

Here's my code (I used the script generator to create an event for someone giving you a Squirtle):
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon SQUIRTLE 0x5 NONE 0 0 0
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 SQUIRTLE
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!

...but when I test it out, it ends up giving me a potion? Can someone tell me where I went wrong?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
1) try just using another 0 instead of NONE (idk, that might be the right syntax, i just usually use 0)
2) try removing storepokemon

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2010
I did both of what you suggested Full Metal, but it didn't work. When I press A at the poke-ball (that's the pic I chose to run the event), and it still gives me the script that would happen if you picked up a potion from the ground....Any other suggestions?

score_under

Years
I did both of what you suggested Full Metal, but it didn't work. When I press A at the poke-ball (that's the pic I chose to run the event), and it still gives me the script that would happen if you picked up a potion from the ground....Any other suggestions?
Then it's most likely that the script attached to that poke-ball hasn't been repointed to the correct script.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2010
hm....So, should I try a new script then?

Never mind guys, I figured it out. When I set the picture ID to the pokeball in Advanced Map, it automatically set the script to be the same one as another pokeball event in the same map. So, I went through all of the other person events in the map, and found out that Script Slot 1 wasn't being used. So, I used that script, and it worked perfectly!

Last edited:

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
I need some help here. I'm still a newbie at writing scripts, but I ran into a problem when using this program, and am stumped on what I did wrong. I wrote a script to give the player a Pokemon egg, and it appears to be written properly, and compiles normally. However, when I decompile the offset it was stored to, the first #org of the script remains normal, but after that it's a mess of #RAWs and random commands like checking the coincase. This is my script: (the first part is only a jump command because I messed up and needed to erase that textbox, and converting it to a jump was far easier than moving the part 2 commands up)

Spoiler:

And this is what I get if I compile and decompile:

Spoiler:

score_under

Years
Did it show any errors on compilation?

Are you decompiling from the offset it gives on compilation?

PeregrineFig

Years
It showed 0 errors on the compilation log, I did a debug first to make sure, then did a real compilation, same results. I copied the exact offset @start was set to, and got that.

score_under

Years
Ahaha, I see it now... I should have spotted that much earlier - there are 2 offsets named @getegg in your script.

PeregrineFig

Years
Ahh, I feel so dumb now, I should have seen that earlier too :( Ah well, thanks for the help, I pray this works now. I swear Pokemon scripting just doesn't like me sometimes >.<

Edit: After numerous changes I got it working :) All the errors were caused by my own dumb mistakes. I wanted to tell you your program is simply amazing. I tried using Pokescript a long time ago, and never once compiled a working script. With your wondrous program, almost all of mine have worked so far.

Last edited:

jamesofice

Anyone a fan of Spyro?
Years
im having trouble with offsets...
i use script generator to make the scripts and when i compile it i shows the number and no errors yet i'll copy and paste the number in a script thingy for a person. when i talk to them they say nothing...

score_under

Years
im having trouble with offsets...
i use script generator to make the scripts and when i compile it i shows the number and no errors yet i'll copy and paste the number in a script thingy for a person. when i talk to them they say nothing...
Are you copying the offset for the script? If you copy the text offset instead, it won't have any predictable effect.

jamesofice

Anyone a fan of Spyro?
Years
yeahh il compile it.. the box pops up saying org start etc..

i t will have a number eg $7044b3 which i copy and paste into the script offset...

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
hey can some teach me how to use this cause the tutorial won't work on my computer.

PeregrineFig

Years
I'm getting decent at writing scripts, but ran into another annoying problem with no obvious issues I can fix. I attempted to make a movement script, a more simplified version of the jumping-off-the-truck level script in Sapphire. This is my script:

Spoiler:

And when I compiled and decompiled it, the movement commands were totally ruined:
Spoiler:

I tried removing the pause4s in the commands, but got the exact same result, so I'm stuck as to what I did wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
try this:
Spoiler:

I dont think it will solve your problem, but IMO thats a better script anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back