• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Defeat the Elite Four & Champion with 1 Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
@myrrhman: Alright1 your down :) An impressive eat considering your Gengar's level.

@SuperKirbyFan
One thing that worried me. To do this challenge, you are supposed to beat them consecutavily without loss. So, if you get killed at any point during the 4, you have to start of. No saving and then re-trying until you win. I'm led to this conclusion because mostly because of what you said~ "While most of the time I played on a GBA, for this video I recorded it using the Game Boy Player for the Gamecube so I could play on my TV. This was really hard actually, even though the Elite 4 was super-easy. Multiple times I got critical'd by Pidgeot and had to restart. On Arcanine, I can only OHKO him if I get a critical hit. I had to keep restarting every time I didn't, since he OHKO's me with Flamethrower. One time I beat him, and then Blastoise used Rain Dance before he ran out of Hydro Pumps so I lost."
You mentioned losing a restarting. By restarting, do you mean starting from the 1st member all over again, or re-starting from a saved point?
Please be honest.
Anyhow, your Sapphire run is passed through. But, did you hack-in the weedle? Or trade it. "It would've, but in Emerald the game won't let me trade in a Weedle egg." Leads me to believe you hacked it in. Please verify, thanks!

MDL

The Headstrong Rookie
Years
MDL/Zachary
Dragonite
Johto
SoulSilver
84-87
Legit
Items were used
Held Dragon Fang
~ Dragon Claw
~ Fire Punch
~ Rock Slide
~ Outrage

It felt pretty awesome.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
@myrrhman: Alright1 your down :) An impressive eat considering your Gengar's level.

@SuperKirbyFan
One thing that worried me. To do this challenge, you are supposed to beat them consecutavily without loss. So, if you get killed at any point during the 4, you have to start of. No saving and then re-trying until you win. I'm led to this conclusion because mostly because of what you said~ "While most of the time I played on a GBA, for this video I recorded it using the Game Boy Player for the Gamecube so I could play on my TV. This was really hard actually, even though the Elite 4 was super-easy. Multiple times I got critical'd by Pidgeot and had to restart. On Arcanine, I can only OHKO him if I get a critical hit. I had to keep restarting every time I didn't, since he OHKO's me with Flamethrower. One time I beat him, and then Blastoise used Rain Dance before he ran out of Hydro Pumps so I lost."
You mentioned losing a restarting. By restarting, do you mean starting from the 1st member all over again, or re-starting from a saved point?
Please be honest.
Anyhow, your Sapphire run is passed through. But, did you hack-in the weedle? Or trade it. "It would've, but in Emerald the game won't let me trade in a Weedle egg." Leads me to believe you hacked it in. Please verify, thanks!

I didn't realize saving and restarting between members was not allowed. That is what I did. I didn't hack in either Weedle. The point of that comment was that in Emerald, there are trade restrictions. In Emerald you can't trade in a non-Hoenn pokemon until after the league. In Ruby/Sapphire you can. So, I traded an egg into Sapphire right at the start of the game. The Sapphire Weedle is actually a son of the LeafGreen Weedle.

Years
MDL
Haha, nice! I'm sure it did. By the way, sorta suprised there are so many Silvers, but no Golds, huh :p

SuperKirbyFan
"-You must do so in one setting; no saving in between trainers. And if you do save, it will not count. This is to prevent people from saving before, and losing over and over until they win. This is not allowed. You must defeat them all in a row without losing. No saving in-between members." -Rules
Sorry, but that's to prevent exactly what you did, which is restarting over and over until you win, which is bound to happen at some point or another. This is a straight run through, no restarting. Sorry ._.
P.S. lol, interesting Weedle heritage. Well played sir, well played :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Speaking of no golds, here's 3 golds that I did.

The first one is Xatu legitly obtained, level 64-67, items used. He held an Exp. Share (not ideal lol, but I was using it for a different challenge. Moves were Fly, Giga Drain, Psychic, and Teleport (lol, don't know why I still have tp).
Second is Politoed, again, legitly obtained with items used. Level 56-60. He held a nevermeltice. Moves were Surf, Strength, Ice Punch, and Psychic. Wish I could have EQ instead of Strength.
And lastly we have Meganium, level 52-57. Definitely the hardest to do, not a very good move selection. Went with Razor Leaf, Iron Tail, Earthquake, and Body Slam. Meganium couldn't one hit many Pokemon, but he could at least 2 hit most of them. Once again, legitly obtained, items used.

My name was A for all three of these Pokemon, as they're all from the same game. Now to hop over and beat Red real quick.

Here's a video of me doing them. If you have a problem with the music, then deal with it, its all I felt like finding. First one is an awesome remix I found, second is something my best friend wrote for me, third and fourth are repeats, and fifth is the extended Yugioh themesong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mMwCHL2UJE&feature=youtu.be

freerider

your next challenger
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
name- Mitch (freerider)
Typhlosion level 86 nicknamed B.B.Q.
Moves:
Fire Punch
flame wheel
flamethrower
cut

Johto (after defeating Red)

game - Gold

no items

legit, twas my starter

did it about 20 times to get to 100 then once I did I did a cut only run through the league, no items again (other than I think one elixer)

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Here's one I did about two weeks ago. Getting ninetales with energy ball did the trick.
Bewbs/Whoopi, Ninetales, Unova, Black, Level 100, Legit and items used.

Edit: I did it again with Meganium. The last battle with Alder was so intense. Almost didn't make it.
Bewbs/Whoopi, Meganium, Unova, Black, Level 100, legit and items used.
~ Leech Seed
~ Toxic
~ Light Screen
~ Earthquake

Last edited:
Years
Sorry you 2, I had been gone for a while (and I'll be gone for 4 weeks soon).

Freerider - Congrats! But can I know the level you did it (or the lowest you can truely remember) without items, and the lowest with? You didn't specify, you just said "up to 100". But othewise, well done :)

bewbs - Ok, nicely done!

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Kanto, Johto

In Blue - Blastoise think final level was 72 only pokemon used in game
gold/sliver/crystal - Ferlagator - 65 was final level - only pokemon used in game

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
-Username: AdrianYogi / Adrian, in-game.
-Pokemon: Blaziken
-League: Hoenn
-(Saphire)
-Level: 100
-Totally legit, I found my old cartride and that baby was there :D
-Items: 5 Full Restore and PP Restorers

Moveset:
-Strenght
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-Sky Upercut(Probably the one that helped me the most)

It was rather simple. :D Thanks for this challenge! :D

Years
@- AdrianD
Ok, thanks, but I'm simply going to need more info. Even though you just "think", I'd let it slide. But I need to know if you used item, if they were legit (though it seems they were), which game exactly, your in-game name, the level they begun on when they started; the rules state this.

@- adrianyogi
Alright, thanks a lot! Grats! And I must say, you had it sorta easy seeing how you're super effective against your Champion xD

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2012
Username/ In-game name: Kirbin
Version: Red
Pokemon: Blastoise( Used only him the whole game)
Used no items
Here's a video of me facing the Elite Four and champ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbooPXCMO7Q&feature=relmfu

Here's Johto With Typhlosion Against the Elite Four(He was Holding Charcoal and used a Hyper Potion)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX0DhIlx2-w

And here's him facing Red(Still using charcoal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8B2t4koFq0&feature=plcp

Here's Hoenn With Blaziken vs the Elite 4 no items used first playthrough (Sorry about the speed but it makes editing and uploading so much easier)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_vIqh0NdY4&feature=plcp

Now here's Blaziken facing Steven No items used Tentacool is for waterfall and surf.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD0gE95piA4&feature=plcp

Last edited:
Years
Sorry guys (Kirbin) I just came back from a week long camp. Also, in a few days I'm heading to Africa for 4 weeks (:)). So I may be a little bit behind, mh apologies. But, I'll be back!

Sonicmon

Noob Trainer(New)
Years
Pokécommunity Username:Sonicmon
Pokémon:Zoroark
League:Unova
Moves:Nasty Plot,Night Daze,Foul Play,Flamethrower.
Level:100

The toughest one was grimsley's Sharpedo,because he is Dark/Water,and Zoroark only Knows Dark/Fire
Moves.

Pokécommunity Username:Sonicmon
Pokémon:Zoroark
League:Unova
Moves:Nasty Plot,Night Daze,Foul Play,Flamethrower.
Level:100

The toughest one was grimsley's Sharpedo,because he is Dark/Water,and Zoroark only Knows Dark/Fire
Moves.

Last edited:
Years
Hey all,

Interesting challenge, and then even more interest in the whole hacking debate. Personally, I see nothing wrong with hacking in a pokemon at low levels duing a game, I have done so myself for games I want to play but do not actually own (eg. Crystal, Emerald, Diamond). It's mostly just to try a game out with pokemon you normally wouldn't have the chance to do so with.

But that's besides the point.

I posted because I want to take this challenge. I've actually completed this multiple times on my Soul Silver cartridge with my Mamoswine (Maman) because I attach Exp Shares to the other pokemon in my party that I'm trying to train haha. I'll go through it again with no others in the team, and maybe even no Shell Bell held. Here is the moveset I use though:

Maman the Mamoswine
lvl 100
Can't remember nature
Earthquake/Avalanche/Ice Shard/Rock Slide

I can actually defeat Red as well, but only if Blastoise crits from Earthquake/misses with Hydro Pump. I'll do a run through again when I have a moments and post up some pictures.

Since my Soul Silver cartridge has a full pokedex of 493 (all legally obtained either from importing from old games/trading over wifi) I could potentially try and do this with almost any pokemon. So I reckon I'm going to do it again with Maman and then find some other pokemon to attempt it with.

Anyway, mamoswineFTW (or as Myrrhman puts it sometimes, mamoswineWTF) out

EDIT: Completed this challenge with Maman, my favourite Mamoswine. Tried on 4 separate occasions to go through without items, but Lance's Salamence followed by Gyarados, both with Intimidate, meant that at -2 Attack I just couldn't defeat him.

I eventually just went for a run with items, and had little to no issue. Shell Bell was attached to mitigate what little damage I received during the run, and I only used 2 X.Attacks and 1 Hyper Potion during the fight against Lance. I've uploaded pics taken with my phone, apologies for the poor quality.

Now I just need to choose a new pokemon to train up and then use. I'm considering a special attacker - any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
This was a fun challenge. :) Here's my stats:
PokéCommunity Username: Ravenfreak
In-Game Username: RED????
Pokémon: Venusaur
League: Kanto
Game: Blue
Level: 74
Items: Used
I might try it again once Katie, my Venusaur is at a higher level so that way I don't have to use items. I made it pretty far without using them, after battling Agatha I had to heal. :\

Years
Sorry guys (Kirbin) I just came back from a week long camp. Also, in a few days I'm heading to Africa for 4 weeks (:)). So I may be a little bit behind, mh apologies. But, I'll be back!
Well, I'm back now. However, I had for the next multiple of weeks after Africa, events as well. Only a week ago have I really come back. And I sorta forgto about htis. My bad! Sorry for keeping this dead so long. I'll start catching it up ASAP. My apologies, and let the challenging go on!
:) :) :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2012
-Username: LeCheesecake
-In game name: Ti
-Pokemon: Arbok
-League: Unova
-Game: Pokemon White
-Level: 96 at start
-Obtained legit from Gen 4 as an Ekans
-Items: used! Of course! A lot of Full Restores and a few PP healers.

Why Arbok? It's my favourite Pokemon of the first few generations, I wanted a challenge, and out to prove that it's not just a joke from the anime! =P Focused on Attack and Special Defense EVs because Coil doesn't cover for special threats. Pretty much used Coil to set up a powerful and accurate sweep at the start of the fight, using Dragon Tail to bat away premature threats. To be honest, any person would have creamed Arbok but thankfully the AI has limited imagination.

Edit: Moves were Coil, Gunk Shot, Earthquake and Dragon Tail

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back