• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first Shiny?

Altair1

Willpower
Years
My first was an Electrike on Pokemon Emerald, lucky I caught it, I had no idea what a shiny was back then!

Digital Eevee

Team Digi-Eon
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Shiny Gyarados from Lake of Rage is the only Shiny I have ever encountered.
Not that I mind much, Not much of a fan of shiny Pokemon anyway.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
A Tentacool in my Gold, while surfing near the Whirl Islands.
I had no idea why it was different coloured, but I caught it anyway.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_3r_293_s.png

That booger. Found him in Ruby and caught it cause I thought it was diseased and I wanted to make him feel better! The only wild encounter shiny I no longer have.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Excluding the Gyarados, the first shiny I found was an Espeon in the battle tower in FR... Couldn't catch it... :( But I guess that doesn't count cause it wasn't catchable, then next one was a Steelix in victory road in the Diamond I was borrowing from my friend but I ran out of ultra balls... Then there was a Graveler in my Platinum that used selfdestruct... But I managed to finally catch a shiny when replaying my Silver, it was a Hoothoot :P Then I caught a shiny Ponyta when replaying my White. :) 2/5 shinies were caught, what bad luck :/

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
My first shiny was actually on the Emerald Randomizer Hack, I found a Shiny Blissey in Victory Road

My first legit game shiny was a Woobat in Black, right in the start too. Too bad it was adamant.

Yazzo

Bad Egg
Years
And I've never seen any :(
just what are the damn chances of finding one? I've been playing these games for years!

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2014
I've never seen any shiny pokemon (excluding Red Gyrados) in any of the games either :-/ Although, I did catch a shiny Druddigon in Flora Sky, but I guess that doesn't count.

Sari1292

Self Proclaimed Pokemon Ranger
Years
Zubat in gold. I didn't know what shinies were back then so I was really confused but I caught it anyway. And then a pidgey in leafgreen which I lost cause I forgot about it and reset my game. And lastly, a tympole in black.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Just encountered my first shiny today (yep officially today at 12:40 am) - in Black 2.

I just wanted to play the game for about 15 minutes before going to sleep, hoping on making my Pokemon stronger for the Elite 4, and first Pokemon to appear on Route 22 was my first shiny. Before I had never experience a shiny in any of my previous Pokemon games.

To my surprise, it was one of my favorite Pokemon in the world, and my favorite fighting type too.

Encountered: A level 39, female, Mienfoo. I gave her the nickname Maria, after my mom and grandma -
here's the proof from my Nintendo DS Lite:
Spoiler:

I was jumping up and down with joy for about half hour, my sleepy feeling went away.
No, I'm not going to user her in my current team. Instead I'm going to buy another copy of Black 2 or White 2 and transfer her over. I want to play all-mustelid Pokemon team.

The only thing that would make me even happier is if I encountered a shiny Patrat. I wish it comes true.

Last edited:

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
My first shiny was... A shiny Gligar on my Gold version XD

I have no idea why but I was going down the path south of Blackthorn City and happened to run into it. I did actually know what a shiny was at the time, because of the Red Gara and I was flipping out because I was shocked to actually run into it. Since then, I don't think i've managed to run into another D:

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Assuming that the red Gyarados doesn't count, mine was a ditto in Gold. It was awesome.

Dark_Illusion

Psychic Trainer
Years
Magnemite in Black 2. First time tbh getting a random shiny. I believe it was somewhere around the second town as well. Tell you what, nothing made me feel better about Pokemon gaming than finding a Shiny Magnemite shortly after starting my game. lol.................i no longer have it :(

Back