• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: MAJOR POKEMON ANNOUNCEMENT SET FOR MAY 31

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
They're probably gonna reveal that ... Ash is actually 11 years old now.

:V

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It might honestly be something super not exciting. I'd rather prepare for nothing and get a happy shock than expect Gen 8 or Kanto remakes :3

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It might honestly be something super not exciting. I'd rather prepare for nothing and get a happy shock than expect Gen 8 or Kanto remakes :3
I usually subscribe to this too. However, in light of the rumours including claims there will be an announcement on it last week of May...

But if there is a new game to be announced for this year, watch it be announced before the show.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu (and Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee) will be announced, the keyword is "shocking", it can indicate electric type and therefore Pikachu.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
didn't we got existed for major leak back when ORAS was being announced and all we got was weak as news? And didn't we got mad at GF for "trolling" us like that?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu (and Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee) will be announced, the keyword is "shocking", it can indicate electric type and therefore Pikachu.

Good point, honestly o: If it was translated correctly. Depends on the meanings of the original japanese words.

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Good point, honestly o: If it was translated correctly. Depends on the meanings of the original japanese words.
Looks like they realized that word "shocking" was too revealing, they've changed it: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1001400375746887681
Serebii Update: TV Tokyo's website for Oha Suta's episode on Thursday has removed the description of "Shocking Pokémon news which starts a new story" and has replaced it with "Full of Pokémon Information"

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
It'll almost certainly be about that Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee thing, so at least we'll finally be getting some real info on that instead of just rumors

"Shocking" and "a moment a new history is born" is likely little more than pre-event buzz words to generate hype

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
"Shocking" and "a moment a new history is born" is likely little more than pre-event buzz words to generate hype

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the choice of words here is intentional, even though it was unexpected when I heard they changed the description. I'm wondering if they spoiled it a bit? This also makes me thinking, I'm wondering is it just me, but didn't they use the word "shocking" when they wanted to reveal new Pokémon games years back? (Or some Pokémon-related news in particular)

In any way, I think the supposedly Pokémon on Switch that the folks on Game Freak are talking about would be revealed that day, so I'll just wait and see when the news hits that day, and hope it will be a good one.

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
I'm wondering is it just me, but didn't they use the word "shocking" when they wanted to reveal new Pokémon games years back?

I'm actually starting to think that the word "shocking" was an unfortunate choice of words which spoiled what the announcement was going to be, especially considering they pulled it, only to replace it with something else. I probably know why.

My theory goes around the connotations of the word "shocking" - and then it hit me - electricity. And which Pokemon is often associated with electricity? Well...it's obviously Pikachu. The Switch rumours also hint that the games are going to be called Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee, and considering this, I'm detecting a 90% chance that the announcement will be to these games. They also may have tried to tie the connection to Pikachu because he's more well known...hell, he's the mascot of the whole franchise! The whole giveaway thing is the reason why they pulled it and then replaced it with something more generic.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hmm, I'm pretty sure the choice of words here is intentional, even though it was unexpected when I heard they changed the description. I'm wondering if they spoiled it a bit? This also makes me thinking, I'm wondering is it just me, but didn't they use the word "shocking" when they wanted to reveal new Pokémon games years back? (Or some Pokémon-related news in particular)

In any way, I think the supposedly Pokémon on Switch that the folks on Game Freak are talking about would be revealed that day, so I'll just wait and see when the news hits that day, and hope it will be a good one.

I'm actually starting to think that the word "shocking" was an unfortunate choice of words which spoiled what the announcement was going to be, especially considering they pulled it, only to replace it with something else. I probably know why.

My theory goes around the connotations of the word "shocking" - and then it hit me - electricity. And which Pokemon is often associated with electricity? Well...it's obviously Pikachu. The Switch rumours also hint that the games are going to be called Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee, and considering this, I'm detecting a 90% chance that the announcement will be to these games. They also may have tried to tie the connection to Pikachu because he's more well known...hell, he's the mascot of the whole franchise! The whole giveaway thing is the reason why they pulled it and then replaced it with something more generic.

I recall that back in Gen V/VI they used the word "shocking" for news of either a Mewtwo or Pikachu event they had hyped up in Japan xD

Last edited:
Back