• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Values [DEAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
I have successfully connected my two 3ds' to the hotspot but when I show a pokemon it comes up with: "Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created"
:(

Help anyone?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
I have successfully connected my two 3ds' to the hotspot but when I show a pokemon it comes up with: "Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created"
:(

Help anyone?

I had that when I did it once but the Data for the Pokemon still showed up in Instacheck. Does yours stay blank? I just kept pressing OK or Cancel

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
I have the program, would anyone help me find the value of my eggs?
I'd be glad to check yours at the same time. My SV is 834, and I have the program available an functional. Please add me to the list.
Does anyone know how to check your shiny value without having another person present?

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Does anyone know how the Masuda Effect relates to the shiny values and whether I should waste my time getting foreign parents?

Nas12345

Bored...
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2019
Can I ask what kind of connection do we have to use to run the virtual router? I'm using local area connection and it doesn't work.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
Does anyone know how the Masuda Effect relates to the shiny values and whether I should waste my time getting foreign parents?

Masuda method re-rolls its shiny number 6? Times on hatching, and stop if finds a matching number or rolls 6 times.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
The preferred connection is a Local Area Network, with a not in use wireless. I have done Instacheck on both just LAN and Wireless, if it's saying it can't boot up you may have to restart your PC. If you have any more questions I may be able to help you troubleshoot it

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I have the program, would anyone help me find the value of my eggs?
I'd be glad to check yours at the same time. My SV is 834, and I have the program available an functional. Please add me to the list.
Does anyone know how to check your shiny value without having another person present?
Although you can check your own SV through Wonder Trade, you'll need a buddy to check Egg SVs. I recommend sending random trade requests to passerbys if you don't have any willing friends.

AFAIK Masuda Method isn't going to help you here, so I wouldn't bother.

Can I ask what kind of connection do we have to use to run the virtual router? I'm using local area connection and it doesn't work.
Try Smogon's troubleshooting section. I legitimately know nothing about connections myself. :(

Apologies, but I think my TSV got added to the form twice. If one could be removed, that'd be great.
Fixed that.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 11, 2015
Is anyone willing to be a buddy for me to check the values for my eggs?

OT: To those experiencing problems running Instacheck, a feasible solution would be to use a laptop to run Instacheck instead. I always faced the problem of "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" due to the lack of wireless drivers. This is a problem for me as my computer is put up myself by buying parts separately, so downloading drivers from official websites like HP/Dell is not going to work.

For people who have computers with an official brand, a solution would be to go to their official websites and download network drivers. The problem faced by many using desktop is due to the lack/outdated wireless network drivers. Downloading this would probably fix the issue.

Other people like me could use a laptop to run Instacheck. Managed to run it without any problems, probably due to the in-built Wifi all/most laptops have.

Hope this solution works for you guys.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Is anyone willing to be a buddy for me to check the values for my eggs?

OT: To those experiencing problems running Instacheck, a feasible solution would be to use a laptop to run Instacheck instead. I always faced the problem of "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" due to the lack of wireless drivers. This is a problem for me as my computer is put up myself by buying parts separately, so downloading drivers from official websites like HP/Dell is not going to work.

For people who have computers with an official brand, a solution would be to go to their official websites and download network drivers. The problem faced by many using desktop is due to the lack/outdated wireless network drivers. Downloading this would probably fix the issue.

Other people like me could use a laptop to run Instacheck. Managed to run it without any problems, probably due to the in-built Wifi all/most laptops have.

Hope this solution works for you guys.

The weird thing is, I got that error on both my laptop and desktop, even after updating laptop drivers, fiddling with registry entries for ages, and playing around in CMD.
Cest la vie.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 11, 2015
The weird thing is, I got that error on both my laptop and desktop, even after updating laptop drivers, fiddling with registry entries for ages, and playing around in CMD.
Cest la vie.

Try typing in "netsh wlan show drivers" and see if there are any drivers available. If the command prompt says "There is no wireless interface on this system", this shows that you do not have wireless drivers.

If the command prompt says that there is wireless interface, go to Device Manager > Network Adapters
and make sure that the wireless connection is enabled by right clicking and checking it.

EDIT: After researching more about this, apparently, a wireless card/adapter is required to be purchased for typical desktops in order for WiFi to be enabled. Problem about this is compatibility issues of the card with your desktop. A better option would be to purchase USB Wireless adapters, but this would limit the speed of the connection. Then again, don't think anyone would spend 20-30 bucks just for connecting to Instacheck for Pokemon.

Last edited:

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Hey, sorry, for the spreadsheet my name appears 2 times. Can you guys change it?
I'm 2nd to last on the list.

Years
Would someone be willing to check some eggs for me? I've been trying to get a shiny mareep for some for 3 weeks now and it hasn't happen through breeding. Just PM here and try to offer something decent to compensate your time. Thanks

Snoochey

Advanced Trader
Years
I got the programs to work on my girlfriend's laptop, so I can check shiny values and such now. Is there any way to check my own IVs and stuff without opening trade? I can use her 3DS to check my own stuff but if she's using her 3DS it leaves me in a pickle, haha.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
HAHAHA trolol rip

Got like 5 boxes full of eggs and in the process of getting a 3DS so I could check with myself.

But you win some you lose some. I believe the Battle Analyzer is in direct correlation to the SVs going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back