• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Villain Songs?

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Oh God yes. My kind of topic right here.

I've never seen The Hunchback, but that's a pretty interesting song about how that guy seems to be dealing with his own inner demons and temptations. I guess I need to see the whole movie for context.

My favorites are:
  • Poor Unfortunate Souls from The Little Mermaid. I always thought it was a totally fun song when I was younger, but I only just got all the lyrics 100% a few minutes ago. Love it.
  • Prince Ali (Dark Reprise) from Aladdin. It's short and sweet, and deliciously jerkish. Makes Jafar seem like the coolest guy in the movie for that short minute and a half.
  • Friends on the Other Side from The Princess and the Frog. Holy crap what a charismatic chap that Facilier is. It's like makin' a deal with the devil. The choreography on this one wins me over all the time, back when this movie was new, it was my biggest inspirations to do my best as an animator at he time. Like some kind of spark was ignited. When I watch it on YouTube, it doesn't have the same impact of awe on me as it did in theaters. I feel like this one's gotta be seen on a big enough screen (or at least a non cruddy resolution) to get the best effect.
That's it from me. I can't remember if Bluth movies had villian songs anymore, or even Pixar films, but I remember those for other reasons anyway.

Edit: It never occured to me that this topic could be used for live action films too. I'm a little spotty on live action movies, though.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
I loved Scar's song back in Lion King 1. He's just...scar. XD He has that special 'dangerous' aura that would send chills up his prey's spines. Hellfire is good too, I have to admit. Notre dame is so underrated. However when it comes to villain songs, 'be prepared' HAS to win, no doubt.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I forgot one. More of an honorable mention, really...

Big and Loud from Cats Don't Dance. It's not as powerful as the Disney songs, but I think the stark contrast between the version Darla sings to Danny, and then the version she sings in her own wardrobe room emphasizes just how two-faced and nasty that little girl is. She just hates Danny so much for upstaging her in the beginning, that she's willing to do anything to break him. Never trust the spoiled ones...

But honestly, I love every song in that movie, something not even the Disney movies I listed hold the honor of (save for TPatF).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Be Prepared - Lion King
Spoiler:

No More Mr. Nice Guy - The Swan princess
Spoiler:

Savages - Pocahontas
Spoiler:

Hellfire - Hunchback Of Notre-Dame
Spoiler:

Years
I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned "Gastion" yet. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like alot of the other villain songs too. ("Be Prepared" being the best song in "The Lion King" imo)

Idk, I always thought it was the catchiest of the villain themes, and one that really suited fit his character like a glove. If taken out of context you'd be liable to assume this man was the hero of the story :)
Spoiler:

I also really like "The World's Greatest Criminal Mind", but that's more out of context seeing I just like Vincent Price.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Besides the ones that have already been mentioned, I like Hellfire from The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Poor, Unfortunate Souls from The Little Mermaid.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqGL9B_TPTI
Best disney golden era villain song ever. Period. I won't accept anything else. The cinematography is top notch, the theme is bolder and darker then much, and the entire tone set by this song and the movie is unparalleled.
Hunchback is such a well-made underratted movie.

My vote goes to Be Prepared from the Lion King.

Oh, and Cruella De Ville

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
Have to agree with Hellfire, it's probably also a strong contender for the best disney song not just best villain. Hunchback is filled with great songs, if it wasn't for those despicable Gargoyles it could have been near perfect.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Hunchback is probably my favourite Disney film, and the aforementioned 'Hellfire' is the epitome of the film. Likewise, 'Be Prepared' is my favourite Lion King song. 'Gaston' isn't too bad, either. And whoever said 'Dentist!' is kind of inspired, even though it's one of my least favourite songs in Little Shop of Horrors.

Damn, all the good ones have already been said. I can't be all cool and original! :(

Soile

Eevee Breeder
Years
Seeing as my favorite disney villain doesn't have a song, Hellfire and Be Prepared are definitely up there, tied for first.

What I love about Hunchback as an adult is just the darkness in the story that was still preserved when it was disneyfied. I mean, think of Cinderella. The original was a bit... gory, and not a smidgeon of it was put into the film, but Hunchback still has a bit of its darkness. Hunchback was far from my favorite disney film as a child, but as an adult, I adore it for that reason: Disney will never be dark again. It's like, as the times change, disney is getting more conservative.

And Be Prepared... just... Scar.

Back