• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay guys I was doing a bit of research on Norse Mythology, which is the apparent inspiration of Pokemon X and Y (google it if you want proof) and I happened upon something VERY intriguing. Take a look guys :
"Before there was soil, or sky, or any green thing, there was only the gaping abyss of Ginnungagap. This chaos of perfect silence and darkness lay between the homeland of elemental fire, Muspelheim, and the homeland of elemental ice, Niflheim."
Anyone get the link? Let's just say that GF is using this as their inspiration. Now, I'm 99.9% that Team Flare aren't the only bad guys, so am I right to think that the other evil organization is Ice based?? Team Flare vs. Team Frost ?!?! And if that gaping abyss "Ginnungagap" were also to be implemented in Pokemon X and Y, it would definitely be the "Distortion World" or "(I don't remember what it was for Gen 5, was it Giant Chasm?)".
Unfortunately I don't have any solid evidence to back up my statements, they're just theories. But wouldn't it be cool?!
While I did Google up the theory you mentioned, I have to take it with a grain of salt, I'm afraid, because Junichi Masuda himself said that Pokemon X and Y are primarily based on France.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
What's this about Sableye? I haven't seen anything, do you have a picture?
There's countless pieces of evidence that proves my little dragon Eevee exists :3 It shall be called "Draceon", I can smell it. And I'll be having Sylveon too, I call a double battle!!

This^^^ I wrote down what stats I think the final evo's would be and we got the same haha! It just seems to obvious, but we could be wrong. And I totally agree with Fennekin becoming "lush and beautiful", but I've reached a dilemma. I do want it to be LIKE Ninetales, but the way its going I feel like we'll just be given Ninetales v2.0 :/ I want it to look awesome, but not TOO much like Ninetales.

As for Rhyhorn, that too was shown in the intro haha! Apparently it was seen smashing boulders..?(Someone check this I'm uncertain) But yeah we'll just have to wait. Nintendo Direct should be up within the next few days, potentially tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's got some news for us!

Well I doubt they are going to give Fennekin multiple tails like the Ninetales line. If anything, they are planning to make it vastly different for the very same reason. Its not the same pokemon. Its already been shown that Fennekin knows psychic so if anything, it will have a more ethereal/spiritual look to it.

Okay guys I was doing a bit of research on Norse Mythology, which is the apparent inspiration of Pokemon X and Y (google it if you want proof) and I happened upon something VERY intriguing. Take a look guys :
"Before there was soil, or sky, or any green thing, there was only the gaping abyss of Ginnungagap. This chaos of perfect silence and darkness lay between the homeland of elemental fire, Muspelheim, and the homeland of elemental ice, Niflheim."
Anyone get the link? Let's just say that GF is using this as their inspiration. Now, I'm 99.9% that Team Flare aren't the only bad guys, so am I right to think that the other evil organization is Ice based?? Team Flare vs. Team Frost ?!?! And if that gaping abyss "Ginnungagap" were also to be implemented in Pokemon X and Y, it would definitely be the "Distortion World" or "(I don't remember what it was for Gen 5, was it Giant Chasm?)".
Unfortunately I don't have any solid evidence to back up my statements, they're just theories. But wouldn't it be cool?!

Wow. Thats completely plausible. I can see GF doing that but it would be too similar to team Aqua and Magma (yeah yeah yeah I know Magma was technically an "land-based" team but come on, they always used fire pokemon). But hopefully, if this IS the case, they make a much more in depth and vastly different from Aqua and Magma. As for Ginnungagap, they KIND of already did that with Giratina, so if anything they may incorporate in the "Z" version of the game, and base it more on the underworld.

What's this about Sableye? I haven't seen anything, do you have a picture?
There's countless pieces of evidence that proves my little dragon Eevee exists :3 It shall be called "Draceon", I can smell it. And I'll be having Sylveon too, I call a double battle!!

Sorry, and I forgot to mention the Sableye evo has been a rumor for a while, but Sableye appeared on the Genesect/Mewtwo movie poster. Many people suspected thats cuz it would play a major role (because it was the only pokemon featured on the poster that was neither a main character, or a pokemon belonging to ash and his friends. I was just hoping it would be proven true.

As for a double battle? Bring it on Bi-....I mean BUDDY! Cx0
I am the Fairy Master after all my dear sweet naive friend-boy. lol
But seriously though.....you stand no chance against me. jk jk

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm sorry but I don't get how that relates to this..? There are plenty of reasons to suggest this being wrong, but the fact its set in France is not one of them.

It's just the way you worded it that made me say those words. "Apparently" made me think that Norse mythology was the primary basis of X/Y.

Years
It's just the way you worded it that made me say those words. "Apparently" made me think that Norse mythology was the primary basis of X/Y.

Oh no no I'm not saying its the primary basis, nor any basis for that matter. I just thought the coincidences seemed too many to let go, and wanted to hear what everyone else had to say. This is a speculation thread after all. But then, what do you think? Do you think Team Flare will be solo bad guys this time round?

Also, saying it can't be based on Norse mythology because its set in France is like saying Zekrom and Reshiram can't be based on Ying and Yang because it's set in New York..

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Oh no no I'm not saying its the primary basis, nor any basis for that matter. I just thought the coincidences seemed too many to let go, and wanted to hear what everyone else had to say. This is a speculation thread after all. But then, what do you think? Do you think Team Flare will be solo bad guys this time round?

Also, saying it can't be based on Norse mythology because its set in France is like saying Zekrom and Reshiram can't be based on Ying and Yang because it's set in New York..

Nah i dont think team Flare will be the only bad guys either.Fire needs to go with something else.
Team Frost sounds nice!What Pokemon will they be using?Sneasel/Weavel?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Junichi Matsuda said the said the inspiration for Kalos is France. There is very little support for Norse idea when Matsuda revealed France as the main inspiration.

As for Sableye, it played no major role in the movie from what I read in the Synopsis. Only real mentioning of Sableye was at the beginning where it was said to be so shy that Ash is the first person it has opened up to. Other than that Ash is bonding with Dowse Genesect and fighting Red Genesect.

Gamefreak has confirmed that there are more rideable pokemon than just gogoat. The strategy guide will have a small section explaining everything about riding pokemon, which ones you can ride and what ability they have to assist you on your travels.

Dragon type eevee has no support to existance. Sylveon is the only marketed Eevee evolution. Based on all advertisements Sylveon is all we are getting.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
That's not happening. Sure, Vulpix and Fennekin are based on foxes, but that doesn't make them evolutionarily related. Plus, Fennekin is already confirmed to be a starter, so it will evolve into something different entirely.

It was just a conspiracy keanu reeves joke but I was too lazy to go to memegenerator, drawing on vulpix and fennekin are fire fox pokemon and fennekin reminds me a bit of ninetails.

blue

gucci
Years
Nah i dont think team Flare will be the only bad guys either.Fire needs to go with something else.

I like the idea of an Ice based antagonist but I have a feeling that since they've already had Magma/Aqua combo, they will stick to just the one being Team Flare.

Years
Hey I remember seeing Weavile versing an Audino on the official website. Also, Houndour is Dark/Fire is Sneasel being Dark/Ice it's not a bad idea o.O I kind of thought the other team would have some Fairy-type with them, like Team Flare was Yveltal and Team "____" was Xerneas...
Junichi Matsuda said the said the inspiration for Kalos is France. There is very little support for Norse idea when Matsuda revealed France as the main inspiration.

Gamefreak has confirmed that there are more rideable pokemon than just gogoat. The strategy guide will have a small section explaining everything about riding pokemon, which ones you can ride and what ability they have to assist you on your travels.

Dragon type eevee has no support to existance. Sylveon is the only marketed Eevee evolution. Based on all advertisements Sylveon is all we are getting.

Actually there's a lot of support for the idea, the only problem is none of it is from GameFreak so until they say it is/isn't based on Norse mythology, nothing can be proven right or wrong.

They've only confirmed Gogoat and Rhyhorn, but I did see the Strategy Guide have a section on riding Pokemon, so yeah hopefully we'll be able to ride lots of Pokemon! (Please let me ride Arcanine GameFreak :( )

That's all true, and everyone points the other way, but I shall stay hopeful! There's the whole "Special-based' Eeveelutions, how Eeveelutions are released in pairs, how the pairs have one type weak to the other, etc. But that's just me trying to spark a fire in heavy rain I guess :/

Does anyone know if the Sylveon movie short has been released yet? I was hoping because they never showed a "problem" in the trailer (Like how they showed Genesect destroying the city in the 16th Movie) that it was a secret antagonist, tad dah ! Dragon Eevee vs. Sylveon! ... Though if the movies already out then...damn :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hey I remember seeing Weavile versing an Audino on the official website. Also, Houndour is Dark/Fire is Sneasel being Dark/Ice it's not a bad idea o.O I kind of thought the other team would have some Fairy-type with them, like Team Flare was Yveltal and Team "____" was Xerneas...

Actually there's a lot of support for the idea, the only problem is none of it is from GameFreak so until they say it is/isn't based on Norse mythology, nothing can be proven right or wrong.

They've only confirmed Gogoat and Rhyhorn, but I did see the Strategy Guide have a section on riding Pokemon, so yeah hopefully we'll be able to ride lots of Pokemon! (Please let me ride Arcanine GameFreak :( )

That's all true, and everyone points the other way, but I shall stay hopeful! There's the whole "Special-based' Eeveelutions, how Eeveelutions are released in pairs, how the pairs have one type weak to the other, etc. But that's just me trying to spark a fire in heavy rain I guess :/

Does anyone know if the Sylveon movie short has been released yet? I was hoping because they never showed a "problem" in the trailer (Like how they showed Genesect destroying the city in the 16th Movie) that it was a secret antagonist, tad dah ! Dragon Eevee vs. Sylveon! ... Though if the movies already out then...damn :(

Xerneas being the Life pokemon puts it closer to the japanese myth of the guardian that protects the forest and Yveltal being the destruction Pokemon puts it closer to being a Yatagarasu which is a symbol of death and destruction. The unnamed eagle in norse myth plays no major role as far as destruction is concerned, and none of the four deer that live on yggdrasil symbolize life. There really isn't any concrete defense for the norse idea.

As for eevee, they are not always released in pairs, the very first release was a set of three. Being done twice after that has no standing as a truth. Special typing was already confirmed a false when Sylveon was released as Fairy Type. All marketing for Sylveon says she is the only new evolution. As for the Sylveon short, it airs right begore the Genesect movie. So yes its out. No one has made any comments about it but it plays right before the genesect movie in theaters.

Years
Xerneas being the Life pokemon puts it closer to the japanese myth of the guardian that protects the forest and Yveltal being the destruction Pokemon puts it closer to being a Yatagarasu which is a symbol of death and destruction. The unnamed eagle in norse myth plays no major role as far as destruction is concerned, and none of the four deer that live on yggdrasil symbolize life. There really isn't any concrete defense for the norse idea.

As for eevee, they are not always released in pairs, the very first release was a set of three. Being done twice after that has no standing as a truth. Special typing was already confirmed a false when Sylveon was released as Fairy Type. All marketing for Sylveon says she is the only new evolution. As for the Sylveon short, it airs right begore the Genesect movie. So yes its out. No one has made any comments about it but it plays right before the genesect movie in theaters.

The deer that live on Yggdrasil don't symbolize life, the Yggdrasil itself symbolizes life. Also, the region is based of France, and the myth itself is from Europe, so as slim as the chance that Xerneas and Yveltal are inspired by Norse mythology, I'd say it's not as slim as the Japanese one. I doubt they'd make a guardian of the forest when Celebi already exists and has that exact description.

I don't get what you mean by Special typing being false? Fact : Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ice and Dragon were all Special types. Fact : We've had Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass and Ice eeveelutions. What part of this is false? If patterns were to continue the next eeveelution we would have gotten would've been Dragon. And if Fairy were to placed in Physical or Special base, it's pretty obvious it's be Special. Yes this is all speculation, but it was never "confirmed false".

So the Sylveon movie was released and no new Eevee, in my book that just makes it less likely, but never impossible. And we were never told that Sylveon "is the only new eeveelution", it's just highly unlikely.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The deer that live on Yggdrasil don't symbolize life, the Yggdrasil itself symbolizes life. Also, the region is based of France, and the myth itself is from Europe, so as slim as the chance that Xerneas and Yveltal are inspired by Norse mythology, I'd say it's not as slim as the Japanese one. I doubt they'd make a guardian of the forest when Celebi already exists and has that exact description.

I don't get what you mean by Special typing being false? Fact : Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ice and Dragon were all Special types. Fact : We've had Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass and Ice eeveelutions. What part of this is false? If patterns were to continue the next eeveelution we would have gotten would've been Dragon. And if Fairy were to placed in Physical or Special base, it's pretty obvious it's be Special. Yes this is all speculation, but it was never "confirmed false".

So the Sylveon movie was released and no new Eevee, in my book that just makes it less likely, but never impossible. And we were never told that Sylveon "is the only new eeveelution", it's just highly unlikely.

Fairy is not Special typed. That proves that the pattern is false. It cannot be specil typed either as it never existed during the Third Generation when Physical/Special were split by type. The fact a new eevee evolution was shown that was not of the special type means that them being special types is no longer a defining factor.

Yes all media covering Sylveon markets it as the only new eevee evolution this generation. It is refered to as the new. Not the newest, one of the new, or a new. The put focus on Sylveon. Corocoro didn't leave extra space and marketed it as the only new one. The movie says all evolution for eevee are in it. It stops on Sylveon.

Gamefreak has also said they follow no set patterns when designing things for the games. Eevee having pairs was nothing but coincedence. Sylveon is marketed as the only new evolution for Eevee, chances are it is the only new evolution for eevee.

Since its sorta relevant, mewtwo had one form in the movie, so good chance there is only one form fo it as well. If another form existed it would have been in the movie.

As for Xerneas, I just said that the deer on yggdrasil doesn't represent life. Why would Xerneas represent life if based on one of the four deer that live there. Only deer that represents life is a japanese myth. Xerneas is found in a forest so who is to say he's not a forest guardian? All the new info from Gamefreak pushes for more Japanese cultured legends than norse ones. Both Xerneau and Yveltal have more accurate relations with the japanese myths than norse ones.

Years
Yes all media covering Sylveon markets it as the only new eevee evolution this generation. It is refered to as the new. Not the newest, one of the new, or a new. The put focus on Sylveon. Corocoro didn't leave extra space and marketed it as the only new one. The movie says all evolution for eevee are in it. It stops on Sylveon.

"Sylveon is a newly discovered Evolution of Eevee! Experienced Pokémon Trainers know that Eevee can evolve into seven different types, and now a new Eevee Evolution with a different type has been revealed!"

A new Eevee Evolution, straight from the Official Pokemon site.

However it does say : "This means that Eevee can now evolve into eight possible Pokémon, each with a different type!" Which is kind of sad. I will agree with you that almost everything official declines a possible new Eeveelution, but I just can't completely rule out the possibility until X and Y come out.

But with the whole Special Type being false because Fairy isn't Specially based, well one it wasn't a type so we can't say if it would've broke the chain or not. And two, Leafeon and Glaceon were introduced after the Physical and Special Split ended, still remaining true to the 'pattern'. We have no way of knowing what Fairy would have been, so even though I don't think we'll get a new Eevee, I still believe that all Eevee's are 'special type based', but there really is no way of finding out.

Is there a Japanese myth that links these two together though? I know the Norse myth doesn't exactly 'link' these two together but they both live on the tree of life, and one Pokemon is called the Life Pokemon, while the other the Destruction Pokemon. It just seems so fitting.

Okay I'm so done with these myths and stuff, I don't care where they're from anymore, I just want to play X and Y. Now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I was thinking it would be interesting to have a team who uses grass types and who revere Xerneas, the land and the connection between humanity and pokemon. Let's call them Team Flora just to give them a name.

Team Flora are down to earth, non-materialistic, modest, contemplative, and want to protect the interests of the land and the relationship between pokemon and humans. (So kinda like a team of N's)

Team Flare are Snobbish, materialistic, flamboyant, destructive and are concerned only with themselves to the point where others will suffer.

Not sure if Team Flora would be evil, probably more like they would be activists causing trouble for the general community that while ultimately right...still causes distress. The team may be misunderstood.

The name for Team Flora could be better, is there a grassy word that means modest? (Like flare relates to fire and flair)

Maybe Team Earth (as in "down to earth") and how something earthy would be natural and modest.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

Actually Yatagarasu symbolizes rejuvenation, as it's said to clean up after a great battle, that's not death...interestingly it's often associated with the sun, and in some myths I've read it's the guardian of Amaterasu, the Sun Goddess. Sun usually represents life or revival in a vast numbers of cultures, the Japanese included.

blue

gucci
Years
Just out of curiosity, how many Pokémon do we think we'll be getting added from this generation? It was said the figure would exceed 700 but that would only be at least 51 Pokémon, idk for some reason I can't see them going any higher than 750.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back