• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you steal Kenya?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I didn't know it exists. .__. But I probably wouldn't have on my first playthrough on Soulsilver, considering I used Pidgeot as my Flying-type.

Sirfetch’d

I kept it and used it as my fly slave :D I just realized that delivering the mail isn't worth it and the cute bird is so much more useful just to keep!

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Lemme answer the thread's question with one of my own.

"Would you steal something you can get in the wild?"

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I kept it, because of the pokemon lottery. I like to collect pokemon with multiple IDs. He doesn't seem to really care that you took it, so long as he gets the letter, though.

You know who does care that you stole their pokemon? The guy who gives you a Shuckle. Now this is a real ethics test in a pokemon game.

Years
I remember doing the original quest in Gold, Silver (and Crystal too). I never stole Kenya though because I'm a kindhearted person, and stealing is wrong. I can't remember though if I did the quest in HeartGold.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
You know, you can attach the mail to a different pokemon, like something useless, and give that pokemon. I did that because I grew rather attached to Kenya.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I always steal Kenya whenever I play Soul Silver but always forget to deliver the message and since I dont like Spearow I never used it lol.

Years
I didn't even know about this until it was too late. I kept Kenya for the ID and gave the guy a useless Pokemon with the mail. After all, the game doesn't care if you keep Kenya or not.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I actually did it XD I forgot about it though, but eventually I gave it back to him at level 31.

Years
Yeah, I stole Kenya. I didn't want to give it back because.. well.. I just didn't want to! All I did was give the mail to the person and I got off without giving Kenya back! I think the game wants you to keep Kenya.. x3

Years
Haha, I always felt terrible about it in the back of my mind but I always stole Kenya. The first time I totally forgot I was even supposed to deliver the letter, so I just kept him and leveled him up. Every other time I've taken him I just don't care about delivering the letter enough to actually deliver it, so it's safe to say Kenya has pretty much never delivered the letter and has always become one of my team Pokemon. ;3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
At times I get nosy and read the message, then I give the Spearow to the trainer.

Other times I read the message, and I box the Spearow in the PC...and forgot about it until the end of the game. xD oops.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I'm too honest of a person and I'd feel horrible stealing something even if it's in a video game (assuming it's not required to further the progress of the game). So, no, I didn't steal it and I delivered the message. I'd be devastated if someone stole my Pokemon. lol

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I... actually never took it from the guard. I didn't even I was able to do that, to be honest. xD If I did, then I probably would've put it in my PC box and forget about it later on, just like most of you. Either that, or if I ended up finding this Pokémon to be useful, then maybe I would have kept it on my team and trained it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
Well... I stole it... but I didn't know I was stealing something beacuse I didn't read what the guy that gave me the spearow said... I just obtained the Pokémon and continued my adventure:D

Back