• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

akash

Pikachu is the best.
Years
How do you put the flowers of mauvile city into other towns like little root etc.?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
How do you put the flowers of mauvile city into other towns like little root etc.?

Have you got a-map? If you do just place the flower tiles on another map.

~Celebi

Years

I think you mean in A-Map like celebiXD said in A-Map you have to go to header in the map with the flowers and check the tileset and then you can change the tileset on your map into it nad you can use the flowers in the map...

And if you only want the tile you have to save the tileset (on the good palette) from blockedittor in A-Map and then save the tileset (same palette as the tile you want to put in) where you want to put it in and copy and paste the tile on the tileset an load it in A-Map and you can use it..:)

Hope I helped..:D

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Erm... It isn't possible, unless you change the map specific tileset to Mauville's. It, on the other side, prevents you from using original tiles i.e. Littleroot houses etc. Hope it helps ;)

~Martin

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
I need some help with Advanced Map, mainly inserting the tiles. I want to put a certain tileset from Ruby (in a ROM Base IPS Patch) into FireRed. So I attached the patch, tried to get the tileset in, and now I'm not so sure how to do it.

See, I was planning of making a Desert Region in Firered, even though it would be Easier in Ruby, but I'm already hacking FireRed and I don't want to learn Ruby scripting. So I want to take the desert tiles form Serg!o's ROM base on WAH and put the Cactuses and some desert tiles in FireRed. But when I try to put certain colors in and certain tiles in other places, it doesn't work. Can someone help me?

By the way, I'm using Palette 0 in Ruby and Palette 3 in FireRed, incase that's useful.

Years
I need some help with Advanced Map, mainly inserting the tiles. I want to put a certain tileset from Ruby (in a ROM Base IPS Patch) into FireRed. So I attached the patch, tried to get the tileset in, and now I'm not so sure how to do it.

See, I was planning of making a Desert Region in Firered, even though it would be Easier in Ruby, but I'm already hacking FireRed and I don't want to learn Ruby scripting. So I want to take the desert tiles form Serg!o's ROM base on WAH and put the Cactuses and some desert tiles in FireRed. But when I try to put certain colors in and certain tiles in other places, it doesn't work. Can someone help me?

By the way, I'm using Palette 0 in Ruby and Palette 3 in FireRed, incase that's useful.

Alright I think I can help...
You want the tileset from rom a Ruby one so you save the tilesets in A-map with blockeditor and then you make it the same palette as the FR and then you just paste it in the empty spaces and you have the tiles in Fire Red.
Hope I helped

~*Pikafan*~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
That's what I was doing. But the thing is it doesn't really work. It doesn't show which tile is where and I'm really confused on it. I know what to do but now how to.

~*Pikafan*~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
You'd need to activate a script that lets you warp out. I don't know how to do it, but you can't just have a warp there. And the warp needs to be infront of the cave.

A way around it is to put a ladder there instead of the hole, like in Rock Tunnel.

Years
I just made a little map in emerald.
I just wanted a second opinion on whther or not the FR trees "blended" with the Emerald buildings.
BugTown.png

Last edited:

~*Pikafan*~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
The tiles look good, it's just the houses with only 1 window look a little weird.

Otherwise the tiles are fine.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
the^4, put the windows on the tile on the right
­­._____­ ­
|_____|­ ­
|[·] ­ ­= |

better than
­._____ ­ ­
|_____|­ ­
|[·]= . |

Roddy

Absent Scripter
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2008
Ok, I got a strange problem.

When I connect two maps in Advance Map, with the Connection Manager, everything works perfectly. But, after these, I cannot get back. And it's strange, because from map A to B, there are a Connection, and from B to A, there's also a connection.

The adjustment seems right, I don't know what's happening.

Thanks in advance.

~*Pikafan*~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
What is really the problem? What do you mean by can't get back?

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
Well, this has been bothering me ALOT.
I insert two mapbanks (36 and 35) so, in 35 i name all the maps "Route 302" and on 36 "KRAKEN CAVES" But, when i do this i renames all maps of 35 too... thats kinda crappy. Also i note a "Insert names" under Map Header tab, but is alwayas grayed out.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Ok, I got a strange problem.

When I connect two maps in Advance Map, with the Connection Manager, everything works perfectly. But, after these, I cannot get back. And it's strange, because from map A to B, there are a Connection, and from B to A, there's also a connection.

The adjustment seems right, I don't know what's happening.

Thanks in advance.
Are you sure adjustment is right? If offset from A to B is x, the offset from B to A must be -x.

~*Pikafan*~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
Those are the impossible border blocks. If you insert a map, you can't change it. Just make the map 14 pixels wider and 10 pixels taller, then count from the left 7 blocks including the one that is at the end and start your map from there. It should look something like this:

Picture.jpg

See how it's surrounded by black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back