• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Awww , then I guess it's AR time...

However another quick and silly question.
What exactly is the "challenge mode" ? Does it involve RESTARTING a new game to enter this mode? Or is it online related?

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Challenge Mode basically ups the difficulty of the game. It doesn't restart your file in any way, and the only way to gain access to it in the beginning of the game is to have someone else who has the key transmit it to you via IR. If you have the key and start a new game, you lose the key. Also, only Black 2 receives the Challenge Key after defeating the Pokemon League.

A short summary of Challenge Mode is that all trainers' Pokemon have increased levels and AI, Gym Leaders each gain an additional Pokemon as well as increased levels and AI.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
The gameplay up to Nimbasa city seemed very fast-paced - I arrived to the 4th Gym in a couple of hours. Does the gameplay slow down or will I be able to finish the E4 tomorrow?

Syltti

Years
Depends. Are you taking time to train or are you just charging through? Did you stop to explore PokeStar Studios? Well, there's still more for you to do story-wise. Whether you hit the Pokemon League by tomorrow depends on whether you catch and train more Pokemon, stop to make movies, explore the PWT, or whatever else.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
Hello!

Can someone help me where to find the Maniacs on B2/W2, and how many Maniacs out there? and what do they love (Stuff would buy for it)

Syltti

Years
Hm. The mushroom maniac is in a little trailer, west of Nimbasa City.

There's a person who'll buy Mulch in Mistralton City. (At the bottom of the runway.)

There's also a person who buys all sorts of minerals (Big Nuggets, Comet Shards, Hard Stones... Shards... basically any type of mineral) in Iccirus Town/City. (Inside the Pokemon Center.)

SkemoKyle

Drummer guy Kyle
Years
Compatibility issue? {Please Help}

Hey guys, so me and my friend want to battle!
He's on Pokemon Black
I'm on Pokemon White 2

We added eachother's friend codes, and it's not completing the registration and we can't find eachother in the WiFi Rooms...

What do we do? :/ :C

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
How do you make kyurem appear in black 2, I go to giant chasm and he is never there

#isthenumbersign
Years
How do you make kyurem appear in black 2, I go to giant chasm and he is never there
You have to beat the Elite 4. I'm not sure though, but you might also have to beat N in his castle, which is in Victory Road.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Either you both got the FC wrong, or you went into the wrong room.

If you both are close use the IR through the C-gear.

Double check the FC's entered to make sure they are correct. If it won't allow you to enter each other's FCs then there is an issue with how you are registering them.

Either way I'm merging this with Quick Questions so you can continue to ask for further help

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Its generated as soon as you get it. Save before receiving it and soft reset if you aren't happy with its nature/Gender.

The Gible has no set nature, and the Eevee can be either gender. I believe there's only a 12.5% chance of getting a female Eevee in ANY instance (wild, breeding, gift).

Thanks :D btw one more thing, I found most of N's Pokèmon and is it true that they have 30 IV's for all stats?

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I'm planning on buying an UK copy of pokémon white 2. My 3DS and DSi are Portuguese. It will run on my DS, right? (Just to be sure!) Also, there are some wi-fi events and Global link promotions that sometimes differ from place to place. For example, for certain promotions there are passwords for italian games, spanish games, etc, etc. Would my passwords be the same as my pokémon black 2 game?
Give me a good reason to do it or not to do it. It's cheaper and I couldn't find it in stores when I looked for it.

Syltti

Years
I'm not sure about the DS question, but the passwords for the Global Link content only depend on your location. The game you're getting the content for won't matter, so if you get a password (I'm not sure about one-time-only passwords) for Black 2 and use it for White 2, it'll work just fine.

[Edit] Actually.. the passwords might be based on the games' localization.. I'm not too sure; I only get English versions of the games. Maybe someone else has experience with this one.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Challenge Mode

I just have a couple questions about the modes of Black 2.
1) Can my boyfriend give me the challenge mode key if we both have Black 2?

2) Can you activate the mode at any point in your game as long as it's unlocked? Like you can constantly switch between modes without having to start a new game every time?

I don't know why this is so hard for me to grasp, but thank you in advance for being patient. =]

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I just have a couple questions about the modes of Black 2.
1) Can my boyfriend give me the challenge mode key if we both have Black 2?

2) Can you activate the mode at any point in your game as long as it's unlocked? Like you can constantly switch between modes without having to start a new game every time?

1) He can only give you the key if he has unlocked it himself (which you get after beating E4). Just start up game and where the main menu with continue, new game, mystery gift and all that is go to Unova Link ---> Key System ---> Send and Receive Keys. Then just make an IR communication.

2) Yes you can switch between modes without having to restart your whole game. Just start up the game, go to Unova Link ---> Key System ---> Key System Settings ---> Set Difficulty. You can change the difficulty whenever you want to.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Ok, when am I supposed to give this Xtransceiver back to this Curtis guy?
He'll call you in certain locations; once you've received ten calls, he'll arrange to meet you in Nimbasa City. The locations are: Nimbasa City, Route 5, Route 16, Driftveil City, Route 6, Mistralton City, Route 7, Lentimas Town, Undella Town, Route 13, Route 14, Lacunosa Town, Route 12, Route 11, and Route 9. However, the points he calls you in at these places are very specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back