• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon...Johto?

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Looks good. Love the Ampharos at the top of the lighthouse. It really makes it blend into the series and will add to any games that use it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Thanks, everyone kept asking why my lighthouse was missing a light, and then I remembered that I read (or heard) somewhere that jasmine used an ampharos' tail as a light at night. I thought it was cool, imagine the door at the top opening when it gets dark and ampharos climing up and waving its tail in the air XD
anyway I got started on the National Park (man I love that place) which means...new trees! what d'ya think so far?
nationalparkentrance.png

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Once again the trees are incredible. One thing I noticed is that the bottom of the pot is the same color as the sidewalk (if you call it a sidewalk). Other than that.. yeah I like that place too. Especially that piece of fence that you can walk through.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I agree. The trees are incredible. The benches are cool as well, but I think they need to be a bit more sharpened.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Yeah the tree's are nice. I know there is more to the right of the screen but it just seems plain but I guess that is how it is shown in the games. Have you got a percentage of outside areas complete?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Thanks, I figured it was like the safari zone so I tried to make the trees like that yet still the same as the old versions. Yeah, the rest will probably be changed I just put them there quickly to show off the trees XP
thanks for the comments anyway ^^;

Percentage of outside areas complete? well so far Im up to national park if you go the way you would in the game, but I have kinda left some maps behind till later - like I made Goldenrod but I havent made any new sprites for it yet cos I hate that city so much! XD and some routes need changes like I need to make more buildings and stuff and Im always trying to improve maps Ive already done.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
yeah i like those trees too, they have a mixed feel about them- like retro, but morden lol :P....
There is just something about them.
BTw- i just want to be clear on somehing Kyle.
Are you working on a game- or mapping johto?
Also, whats happening with ur other game?
The harvest moon/pokemon game?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Im working on mapping Johto, that is my main priority, but for my own amusement I will also be trying to make a game out of it although I know absolutely no coding XD
oh and my other game is on standby, I go through phases where I will want to work on something and then alternate between something else, that way I wont get bored by spending all my time on one thing, and there is a fresh new feeling everytime I change.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I made the new pokemon centre inside, I tried to make it red/pink floor like gbc but it just looked wrong, so
pokemoncentregold.bmp

comments?

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
I'm glad you put in the new escalator. Much better than crappy stairs. The revision really looks great. It's great that the pokeball in the middle actually has the real colors of red and white, instead of just one color in the other games. And the blue floor really makes it stand out. It almost looks a bit small though. The PCs look awesome! Personally, I think the placemat should be replaced with something that fits there better. Maybe something custom.

Sorry you arn't feeling well :( Good luck with Ecrutuk or whatever it's called and those cool towers :) I bet the burned tower will be a challenge and fun.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
Years
That doesnt look too different ashly.

That is what I love about game development, we can make things look like how we think it should.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Your recolour looks pretty good ashly, but Im trying to make it different, custom, and to match the gbc games. I made it that small because thats how big it is in the real game.
And yeah Im gonna change the placemat, thanks everyone for their comments.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I know you are feeling that the Pokemon Center should look like past versions, but the cramped space isn't very cozy. I would like it a lot more if the space was no more than the size of the PokeCenters in R/S/E/FR/LG. Change is good right? That's why we got updated versions of FR/LG, with spacious Pokemon Centers. :)

Back