• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
Years
Where exactly can I find Wide Lens in White 2? Apparently its at Route 4 inside the ruined building where you can Trade Petilil for Cottonee with the dude, but there's nothing inside there.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Where exactly can I find Wide Lens in White 2? Apparently its at Route 4 inside the ruined building where you can Trade Petilil for Cottonee with the dude, but there's nothing inside there.

If you can't find it there, you can also get Wide Lenses from the Battle Subway shop for some BP.

Years

Unfortunately, you've probably been mistaken, because the Wide Lens is only available in Black 2, where the ruins are buildings, and not White 2. It is in that same house where you trade Cottonee for Petilil.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

It's there, but only in B2. If you can't pay the 8 Battle Points to get it from the PWT or Battle Subway, it is also held by wild Yanma. Yanma are found on Route 3 or in the Pinwheel Forest. There's a 5% chance that the wild Yanma will hold a Wide Lens, BUT if you lead with Pokemon with the Compound Eyes ability, the chance will increase to 20%. Another tip: teach that Pokemon Thief so you can easily steal the item without needing to catch Yanma ;)

List of Pokemon with Compound Eyes and details on the increased chance to find items: [http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Compound_Eyes]

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
In Black/White, after the first gym and near the daycare, there is a pair of twins who won't let you proceed unless you have two pokemon to battle them with. I wanted to know if you could make it impossible to proceed. For instance, spending/throwing all your money so that you can never buy any new pokeballs; releasing the elemental monkey at the PC.

...or will there always be a method of generating money, or not being allowed to release the monkey

Years
In Black/White, after the first gym and near the daycare, there is a pair of twins who won't let you proceed unless you have two pokemon to battle them with. I wanted to know if you could make it impossible to proceed. For instance, spending/throwing all your money so that you can never buy any new pokeballs; releasing the elemental monkey at the PC.

...or will there always be a method of generating money, or not being allowed to release the monkey

If memory serves me right, there's no trainers you can rematch at that point and also I think the only way to make something unable to be released is if it knows a HM move, and you do need Cut to get into the Dreamyard (it's blocked by a small tree that requires Cut) to fight the Team Plasma grunts.

I'm not sure if this can be proven, but yeah if you have no money and only one Pokemon in the party and none in the PC I guess this means you have no choice but to restart. Someone can correct me here if I'm wrong.

Years
Here's a question for anyone who's played through the game on Challenge Mode (I asked this on TV Tropes, but no answer there):

I know that the movesets of the trainers are the same as in Normal Mode (except against Gym Leaders and Iris), even if they would learn a new move by level-up, but are the stats as well? Because in Marriland's White 2 Adventure when he battled Iris, his Mienshao was slower than both her Hydreigon and Haxorus, and Ghetsis' Hydreigon as well (which killed him in one hit without a crit). But on Challenge Mode, i've watched a few videos where the Hydreigon (a few from jdthebud in his Monotype/Mono-Colors) gets outsped by things like Leavanny and even Garbodor. So are the stats the same as on Normal Mode?

As I may or may not have said before, I don't THINK Iris has max IVs on her Pokémon (I know Diantha doesn't), I could always be wrong though, because I read that BW Ghetsis does (his Hydreigon, at least).

iwant2trade

FC: 3153-5860-2389
Years
Help with breeding

i would love if someone took sometime and explaned to me how to breed iv pokemon that would be awesome

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I need five more Blue Shards to teach Serperior Aqua Tail. Locations pleeeease. :( I have only one right now. idk where I got it. I just got to Lentimas Town.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I need five more Blue Shards to teach Serperior Aqua Tail. Locations pleeeease. :( I have only one right now. idk where I got it. I just got to Lentimas Town.

There's basically 2 options for farming shards:

1) Buy a crapload of repels, and bike around inside Reversal Mountain (using repels). You see a dust cloud, run into it and hope for a shard and not an Excadrill.

2) Do the Funfest missions that have you hunt for shards. Whether or not you complete the mission or fail, you get to keep the shards you found. The colors of each pickup varies, but at least you can do the missions as much as you like.

Years
Guys I'm having trouble deciding on my team.

I just got to Mistralton City and I'm currently riding with Sawk, Joltik, Herdier, Unfezant, Munna and Tirtouga; however, I'm not sure I really like it. The only two I 100% want are (in he end) a Stoutland and a Galvantula.

What do you guys think? I feel like I want to pick up a Mandibuzz. But I'm pretty stuck to be honest!

Thanks!

Years
Guys I'm having trouble deciding on my team.

I just got to Mistralton City and I'm currently riding with Sawk, Joltik, Herdier, Unfezant, Munna and Tirtouga; however, I'm not sure I really like it. The only two I 100% want are (in he end) a Stoutland and a Galvantula.

What do you guys think? I feel like I want to pick up a Mandibuzz. But I'm pretty stuck to be honest!

Thanks!

Mandibuzz is a more defensive Pokemon, with very weak attacking stats. I don't really recommend it unless if you're more of the defensive style player, but also given I'm assuming you're playing the original Black/White games it also doesn't evolve until Level 54, which means you'll already be fighting the Elite Four by then and they use stuff around the mid-late 40's and once you defeat them you'll have to catch Reshiram/Zekrom (based on version) and then fight N and Ghetsis, who use very strong teams. Trust me, it's not really worth using Mandibuzz in B/W due to the reasons I mentioned.

Still, I think your team looks fine. You do need a Moon Stone to evolve your Munna though.

Years
Yeah I am on Black Version, sorry, I should have mentioned.

I think I just liked the look of Mandibuzz visually but your reasoning matches how I normally play so Mandibuzz is out. Thanks!

Years
I was just googling stuff and came across something on Gamefaqs, which led me to this thread. The one person who replied said that once the Wi-Fi shutdown happens next month, they said that not only will you not be able to get new visitors to Join Avenue, but you also won't be able to do Funfest Missions OR the Yancy/Curtis sidequest.

In my Wedlocke challenge that i'm doing on my secondary White 2, which is on my capture modded 3DS that hasn't connected to Wi-Fi once since I started playing it, i've had new visitors in Join Avenue on a decent basis (even though I only have a few shops). Is the Wi-Fi needed for anything for these three tasks that I mentioned? Will the shutdown affect any of them?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I was just googling stuff and came across something on Gamefaqs, which led me to this thread. The one person who replied said that once the Wi-Fi shutdown happens next month, they said that not only will you not be able to get new visitors to Join Avenue, but you also won't be able to do Funfest Missions OR the Yancy/Curtis sidequest.

In my Wedlocke challenge that i'm doing on my secondary White 2, which is on my capture modded 3DS that hasn't connected to Wi-Fi once since I started playing it, i've had new visitors in Join Avenue on a decent basis (even though I only have a few shops). Is the Wi-Fi needed for anything for these three tasks that I mentioned? Will the shutdown affect any of them?

That's all actually not true. The game supplies you with AI visitors in case you don't have Wifi. It's just that once the Wifi shutdown happens, you'll get visitors at a much slower rate because you aren't interacting with any real people. You also don't need Wifi for FunFest missions. I've done those by myself, so Wifi isn't needed. You only need Wifi to do them with other people. And the whole Yancy/Curtis thing is completely unrelated to Wifi, so IDK why they said that. You'll still be able to do stuff with her/him.

So there's nothing to worry about.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it does pertain to Gen V games, so...

Does anyone know if the AR Powersave device would allow me to insert PKM files into a Gen V save file? I wanted to use Pokecheck to get some of the event Pokemon I missed, but am afraid I won't have time to do it before the GTS gets shut down. If I can just save the PKM files to my computer and use Powersave to add them later, that would be awesome.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it does pertain to Gen V games, so...

Does anyone know if the AR Powersave device would allow me to insert PKM files into a Gen V save file? I wanted to use Pokecheck to get some of the event Pokemon I missed, but am afraid I won't have time to do it before the GTS gets shut down. If I can just save the PKM files to my computer and use Powersave to add them later, that would be awesome.

I don't believe that the Powersave device for the 3DS works for DS games (including Gen V games) at all, so my answer would be no. A save dongle made for DS games would allow you to do this, though.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I don't believe that the Powersave device for the 3DS works for DS games (including Gen V games) at all, so my answer would be no. A save dongle made for DS games would allow you to do this, though.

Cool, thanks so much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back