• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Fire Red: BACKWARDS Edition

Years
Can someone please tell me how tf I am suppose to beat Lord Slugma when he's lvl 100, his speed is super high, and all of his moves 1 shot me? And yes, all of my pokemon are lvl 100.

You can try Quick Claw + Thunder Wave or other paralysis move, and hope for hax to help you! (You can also use savestates but that's dirty!)

I recall using an Alakazam for this, as for Thunder Wave, I think its tutor was left unmoved in Silph Co, but I don't remember it perfectly, it's been a long time since I played this.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 25, 2021
You can try Quick Claw + Thunder Wave or other paralysis move, and hope for hax to help you! (You can also use savestates but that's dirty!)

I recall using an Alakazam for this, as for Thunder Wave, I think its tutor was left unmoved in Silph Co, but I don't remember it perfectly, it's been a long time since I played this.
lol that's what i am using the Quick Claw + Thunder Wave

Years
I started playing this last night and I already have a love/hate relationship with it. As much as I love the fun concept I'm at Cinnabar and have explored Pokemon Mansion and I have a lot to hate. A lot of things are horribly designed, the dried up route 21 feels much too barren and the NPC placement in the latter section is just lazy, level 1 wild Trapinch, a hiker that has 5 level 15 Magikarp (over levelled) that take forever to kill and then a level 1 Gyarados just to confuse you, the new starters don't make any sense and Kabuto is the obvious choice. To top it off none of the wild encounters really feel natural to me and I don't know why.

Of course, the concept is a fun idea and I'm sure it gets better later on, I love the dialogue too. The Cinnabar Pokemon centre talk, the old man on route 21 and the first biker on route 21.

BUT SCREW THAT LAST BIKER HE CAN JUST DIE THAT'S TOO MUCH FOR SO EARLY GAME.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 6, 2017
This is one of my favorite hacks just because of this:

Spoiler:

All of my pokemon are in the red with low PP...wish me luck, friends!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
Did you change Kabuto and Trapinch's typing? Is this permanent? I would hate to get my Trapinch to a Flygon and realise it's not going to be a Dragon type and if Kabutops is not going to be water typed as per expectations

Also, the starters are laughable. Who would pick Mankey or Hoothoot over a Kabuto?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Did you change Kabuto and Trapinch's typing? Is this permanent? I would hate to get my Trapinch to a Flygon and realise it's not going to be a Dragon type and if Kabutops is not going to be water typed as per expectations

Also, the starters are laughable. Who would pick Mankey or Hoothoot over a Kabuto?

Kabutops is Rock/Steel and Flygon is Bug/Dragon if I remember correctly.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 10, 2020
Are there documents that go with the game detailing the pokemon changes? Also, do we have to patch it or is it already patched? Will you be releasing any new updates for the game?
Thanks!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
The Kabuto you can start out with is a pure Rock type. It's supposed to be a Rock/Water type. Did I download an old/bugged version of the game or was that just one of the type changes of the game, and if so, what is Kabutops' type?

Years
  • Seen yesterday
The Kabuto you can start out with is a pure Rock type. It's supposed to be a Rock/Water type. Did I download an old/bugged version of the game or was that just one of the type changes of the game, and if so, what is Kabutops' type?

Its one of the type changes, and if I remember correctly, Kabutops should be Rock-Steel.

Back