• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Got some work done on my game. So what I've added is events which change depending on time. When it's night you'll find that people will go home from outside and some new people may appear depending on the area. You'll also find houses which require you to knock the door or find you can't get in at all.
I've still got quite a bit of work to do yet, adding in a couple of people, changing the window skins and the day/night tones.
home_town_at_night__by_lostsoulsdev-d6jk3ew.png

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
Years
Got some work done on my game. So what I've added is events which change depending on time. When it's night you'll find that people will go home from outside and some new people may appear depending on the area. You'll also find houses which require you to knock the door or find you can't get in at all.
I've still got quite a bit of work to do yet, adding in a couple of people, changing the window skins and the day/night tones.
home_town_at_night__by_lostsoulsdev-d6jk3ew.png

That's really interesting; when you say people go home do you mean they actually travel back to their house? Or just that at night they are found inside, and during the day they are outside, but you won't actually see them walk to or from their home?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
@Rayd12smitty: That's an excellent menu, I like it a lot. Good job man!
@Saving Raven: Never seen that before, it's a good idea, but I would make just clothes, because changing a player outfit completely seems too strange.
@carmaniac: Nice idea, adding new HM's makes the game have more options like that you're showing. Also, I liked the mapping, but adding a fog will make it look better.
@Rickyboy: That's absolutely amazing! I love this new battle scene.

I'll post some images soon ^^

Years
How is it resource-wise, and is it something you are going to port over to essentials? But it looks good, just a lot of polygons :/

Explain by resource wise? I'm assuming you either mean what does it require to run (it uses Irrlicht, OpenGL, and my own wrapper), or how much system resources (which is not really to heavy)

It should work in essentials without any custom port (or at this stage before I do some serious modifications to it)

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
Some Very Early Screenshots from something I am working on.

NOTE: Everything on these Screens is still a HEAVY Work in Progress and the content you see might not be the final content. Sprites, Environments and Events might change from these screens into the Final Product! For Instance, the Hero Sprite in these sprites is not the final one.

After a while here is finally a first batch of Screenshots from my work in progress Pokémon Fan Game - Pokémon: Dawn of Souls, as previsourly stated, these are still a very work in progress and they are not even close to what the first version of the project to be released is going to be - something that may still take a very good hand of months to happen.

pokemon__dawn_of_souls___screenshot_showcase_01_by_jorgeaamelo-d6nf0lt.png

Here is a list by screens:
First Screen - A Prototype Title Screen, the final tittle screen will be much more complete and will actually have a Version Number instead of "Prototype" in the bottom. Background will also probably change. Logo inspired in the latest Mystery Dungeon Logo.
Second Screen - Lumitron Town - "The White Town of Beauty" where you speak to a lady outside the laboratory that quickly tells you that Professor Pamila (Name most likely subject to change) is always a busy man. (Image contains a few errors that will be fixed)
Third Screen - Part of Route 601, with a PlaceHolder Youngester that isn't still programmed in.
Fourth Screen - A Work in Progress Battle Screen as well, with actual backgrounds.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Spoiler:
I like the looks of everything - question, are you implementing all new classes? or are you planning on a different class as an alternative to "youngster"

as far as I can tell everything is a good start, the only problem is the shots with the big trees, they seem out of place; while everything has some sort of detail to it, the big trees look blurry and a different style than everything else

also in the top right shot, there is a lamp post (or w/e you call it) infront of a house, they tend to be near houses, not next to them, it would look better in a different position

I would also like to say I love your title screen, it is very appealing

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
pokemon__dawn_of_souls___screenshot_showcase_01_by_jorgeaamelo-d6nf0lt.png

Here is a list by screens:
First Screen - A Prototype Title Screen, the final tittle screen will be much more complete and will actually have a Version Number instead of "Prototype" in the bottom. Background will also probably change. Logo inspired in the latest Mystery Dungeon Logo.

Is "Far From Finished a reference to VGA's A Hat In Time stream?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Heads up!! Non-Pokémon.

bScYO.jpg

Part of a college project, we're learning C++ to make something, our choice.
I decided to go with a Text Based RPG, so here it is so far.

For this, I've decided on the story approach already.

You'll be playing a Demon from the Underworld. Gender and Element is your choice.
Your mission is to restore darkness and shadows to the world, ever since heroes defeated the darkness many years ago.
You'll be coming across many obstacles, and tough battle to restore darkness to the world.

I'm think , when this is complete, to release a public version here on PC, if people want a TBRPG that is... :l

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
Heads up!! Non-Pokémon.

bScYO.jpg

Ooh another C++ user! With how complicated C++ can be, making anything with it is an impressive accomplishment. Feel free to ask me for advice with programming if you need it. And good luck!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
THUD!

Happy Halloween everyone.

Credits
System:Maruno, Poccil & Flameguru for their starter kit.
Graphics: Dewitty, Minorthreat, Alucus, Kyledove, PrinceLegendario, Erma96, Pokemoneclipse, BoOmxBiG, teaddiction, niknaks93, Light-PA, Lotusking, Tyranitardark, SirAzria.
Special Thanks: Cilerba, Chesu, F.M.P, Wichu, ~JV~, The Calis Projects Team, Abnegation, Murcurysky and everyone who supports this game.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Heads up!! Non-Pokémon.

bScYO.jpg

You'll be playing a Demon from the Underworld. Gender and Element is your choice.
Your mission is to restore darkness and shadows to the world, ever since heroes defeated the darkness many years ago.
You'll be coming across many obstacles, and tough battle to restore darkness to the world.

I'm think , when this is complete, to release a public version here on PC, if people want a TBRPG that is... :l
cool man! I have a real soft spot for text based adventure games.

THUD!

Happy Halloween everyone.

Credits
System:Maruno, Poccil & Flameguru for their starter kit.
Graphics: Dewitty, Minorthreat, Alucus, Kyledove, PrinceLegendario, Erma96, Pokemoneclipse, BoOmxBiG, teaddiction, niknaks93, Light-PA, Lotusking, Tyranitardark, SirAzria.
Special Thanks: Cilerba, Chesu, F.M.P, Wichu, ~JV~, The Calis Projects Team, Abnegation, Murcurysky and everyone who supports this game.
Nice! great enviornmental detal :D

----

Got my new enemy working for my other project: Nax of the Universe

W0CtVwJ.gif

Im really liking how the game is shaping up. combat is fast and fluid and even the graphics are coming together.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Heads up!! Non-Pokémon.

bScYO.jpg

This is a college project? This is all very basic.. cout and cin maybe a if/if else loop, some key press checks doesn't really seem college level, but anyways its a good start hope it works out for you

happy_halloween__by_worldslayer608-d6scdux.png

Looks really cool, love the tiles and the character sprite

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Spoiler:

I love the art style you've got going here, and gameplay looks nice and smooth. (Also, the "Damn!" and "Crazy!" indicators got me to grin for quite a while. :P )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back