• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Today, after deciding to take a break from my attempts to MM a shiny Nasty Plot Smoochum, I thought it would be cool to try my luck SRing for a shiny Virizion. So I headed to Pinwheel Forest with a Timid Munna at the front of my party, and started SRing.

Although I started SRing in the morning, I wasn't expecting much. My previous attempts to SR for shinies never paid off in the third generation, so I never even bothered in the fourth or fifth generation games. However, I figured that shiny Virizion was so pretty in pink that I wanted to try my hand at catching one myself. Also, I had not encountered a single shiny in my Black despite logging about 300 hours of game play time, so I felt that it was time to change that.

After thinking that I saw at least two shinies due to the glare on my DS screen (they were actually of normal coloration), I trudged on. Sometime in the afternoon after hunting on-and-off, I encountered a shiny! Needless to say, I started chucking my balls from the get go; the Gothitelle that I was using to endure the Virizion's hits was ten levels above Virizion, so I was afraid of fainting it, even if I were to use Charge Beam. Thankfully, I had a Litwick with me from the Smoochum hatching, and it knew Night Shade, so I could whittle down the Pokemon's health with confidence.

After some time, I caught the Virizion and nicknamed it Rosalind. As it turned out, she ended up with a Modest nature and average to decent IVs where it counted, so I was quite pleased, especially upon noticing that my Munna did't have Synchronize as its ability all along. I got really lucky with Rosalind; I'm pretty sure I only did 100-200 SRs (I don't really have the patience or willpower to count, haha). :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
you guys wouldnt mind if i joined this club, would you?

Most of you guys actually know me (mainly, G-Money and Yanappu/Landorus) from other websites and forums.

and i actually come into the club with two fresh shinies:

yesterday, i started my plan of action to get in shape (im not overly overweight, i just need to lose around 50 lbs) and got back on Wii Fit for a little while. there's one exercise that i can do for 30 minutes, so i started that and returned to my encountering in Firered Route 3, mainly hoping for a Nidoran. later on that night, in fact just about when i was gonna head to bed, a shiny Spearow had appeared (id post a picture of it, but the site wont let me until i made 15 posts). Before the Spearow appeared, i was looking on Serebii's PokeEarth to see where my next hunt would be, and and decided it to be Sevault Canyon, so that's where i headed next. i had gotten lost and went up to Pattern Brush by accident and, hand to heaven, my first Pokemon that i saw in that Brush was a Shiny Heracross!! 5 minutes AFTER Spearow!!! This is a new record for me!!! I was hunting in there before without luck, and this is only the second time this has happened! The first was a Petilil after 8 encounters and then a few hours later after work a Purrloin showed after around 600 encounters!

uh, so, does this let me in or do i have to make a pledge?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Virizion, encas!

Welcome to the club, Keruso! Congrats on the shinies! You only needed to ask if you could join to become a member of the club.

This week's random hunt is... Ponyta!

Litwick: 2,515
Swablu: 3

I hatched Swablu so that I could trade for a Japanese Absol on the GTS. I also traded a Ditto for a Japanese Ditto. The Japanese Ditto has a Jolly nature, which was the nature I wanted the most when I traded for a Japanese Ditto in April, but I had to settle for my second choice, Timid. Now I have both. :)

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
My 100th post in this thread! Party!!!

:pink_boogie: :cer_boogie:

SHINY LUCK FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!

Spoiler:

People have been talking about very manly things like football and Vikings, so I figured I'd continue the trend of manliness. I warn you, though: it's not for the faint of heart! Only the most manly of men should open the spoiler, for few can withstand the machoness inside.

To G-Money:
Thanks, I think a GL charm will do for all type of hunts, anyway, I believe you in chikorita because when you saw it, you maybe were ready to SR and your fingers where faster than yourself, It's a little frustrating, more when you repeatedly do it, and more when it takes more time to appear again.

I know, right! But I'll be avenged one of these days...

Cool quest! That sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck!

I was wondering if the chances of finding a shiny on Rumble are still 1/8192 or not cause if they are then I am definitively gonna take a handheld hiatus and pursue some shines on Rumble in the near future.

I'm not totally sure on this, but I think it's still 1/8192. However, you get shinies a lot faster because you encounter so many Pokemon so quickly, whereas it might take over a minute for each individual encounter while playing through a main game. It's still shiny hunting, but in very large doses. :)

shiny Virizion

Congrats! Welcome to the club, and the best of luck on your future hunts! Actually, wait. We've reserved the best of luck for Latios Master, so you get the second best of luck! Once Latios Master gets his shiny (which he's been searching for since April? May? It was a really long time ago.), you'll be bumped up in the queue to get the best of luck. :cer_laugh:

So yeah, sorry about that. You've been placed on the waiting list to get good shiny luck - but you're second! *evil laughter*

You guys are so dedicated! I can't get past 10 eggs. /very, very impatient.

You can do it! We believe in you! Well, except for the fact that you probably don't exist...but other than that, you can do it! Persevere! :pink_laugh:

Getting a shiny is really rewarding, even if it doesn't seem to be worth the effort. If you get too bored hunting the same shiny over and over again, you can take up the challenge someone suggested a while back - hatch one egg of each Pokemon, and hope one ends up shiny! For conveniency, you could even get 5 eggs of each Pokemon and run/bike around with a Slugma. You'll be pleasantly surprised when one of the eggs turns up shiny. :pink_wink:

you guys wouldnt mind if i joined this club, would you?

Most of you guys actually know me (mainly, G-Money and Yanappu/Landorus) from other websites and forums.

and i actually come into the club with two fresh shinies

KERUSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the SHC!!! I'm really glad to see a shiny hunting legend join the club! :)

Wow, two shinies within 5 minutes of each other!!!? That's amazing!! And Heracross, too! That's a really awesome shiny - you're the one who's been sapping (no pun intended) our luck! Well, I hope your shiny Heracross is well-fed, because you're getting bumped to the bottom of the luck queue! We have people waiting in line for months, and you come along and get 2 shinies within 5 minutes? And in your first post, no less? Tsk tsk, Keruso. ("lol" jk, we're honored to have you!)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Heh, you call me a shiny hunting legend, whereas ive only been a hunter for a year and a half and got about 2 boxes of shinies. my luck is completely random, so i may jump that queue a few times.

so, i may as well post up all my hunts since im here:

Fire Red: Sevault Canyon, hoping for a Natu, but don't care what i get (just not another Spearow)
LeafGreen: Charmander Resets, then im gonna play through the game with a random team that i got from the challenge thread on Serebii (hopefully, they work)
Ruby: no longer hunting in it since the battery died
Sapphire: was resetting for Treecko, but the battery died on me as i was doing so, so no longer hunting in this game (and i had many hunts to do in this one)
Emerald: yes Emerald. Smeargle in Artisan Cave, Mt.Pyre, the Desert, then maybe go for Plusle or Minun. I got a Swayellow from training up my Ryhorn, so im only doing five hunts
Pearl: Random areas. i might use tat random site to help me out. currently looking for a Pachirisu. also Regigigas
Diamond: Currently playing through with some of my shinies, but when im done, EVERYTHING RESETTABLE!!!1
Platinum: Random areas
Soulsilver: Enigma Stone Lati, Kabuto Resets, then.....nothing i guess
Heartgold: Currently doing a play through with some of my shinies, but im also doing a Shiny Eyecatch tour, where everyplace that shows you an Eyecatch i will hunt in. Currently in the Burned Towers basement, hoping for a Koffing
White: no current hunts, but when i do get back into it, i wanna hunt in my White Forest
Black: Don't have it yet

All that i posted above will be IN ORDER that i hunt, so i wont be getting back to white for a LOOOOONG while

Edit: Whoops, its actually Ruin Valley that i went to, not Sevault Canyon

Last edited:

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
Years
You can do it! We believe in you! Well, except for the fact that you probably don't exist...but other than that, you can do it! Persevere!
2%20laugh.gif

Getting a shiny is really rewarding, even if it doesn't seem to be worth the effort. If you get too bored hunting the same shiny over and over again, you can take up the challenge someone suggested a while back - hatch one egg of each Pokemon, and hope one ends up shiny! For conveniency, you could even get 5 eggs of each Pokemon and run/bike around with a Slugma. You'll be pleasantly surprised when one of the eggs turns up shiny.
11.%20wink.gif

Oh I know! I have always wanted to get one myself. I think I might try. (:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Heh, you call me a shiny hunting legend, whereas ive only been a hunter for a year and a half and got about 2 boxes of shinies.

only been a hunter for a year and a half and got about 2 boxes of shinies.

a year and a half and got about 2 boxes of shinies.

about 2 boxes of shinies.

2 boxes of shinies.

Thank you for proving my point. :)

I've been hunting since 2006, and I've blessed with all of 18 shinies, which is barely over half a box. Then again, I haven't been hunting every day, but still! I'm really proud of the shinies I have, and you have even more! :pink_laugh: Two boxes is awesome and we're really glad to have you here (and encas and Basculin!)!

Oh I know! I have always wanted to get one myself. I think I might try. (:

Definitely! The thrill of getting a shiny is awesome. Do you have any favorites you might go after?

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
Years
Definitely! The thrill of getting a shiny is awesome. Do you have any favorites you might go after?

Hmmm... not, not really.
I just wish I was lucky enough to come across a random one!
I might go after Shuppet come to think of it.

blakfyr999

PWNGE Trainer
Years
I saw a shiny Poochyena in Sapphire! I wanted it so bad! ... Stupid Mudkip killed it. The only other shiny I had gotten was a magikarp. F...M...L.....(I used to see alotta shinies but I was so little I didn't care lol. I just Ran lmao)

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Yay! My first shiny johto starter appeared sooner than expected, after just 1447 SRs :D
here he is:
Photo0444-1.jpg

he has a bold nature,which is just PERFECT :D

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Yay! My first shiny johto starter appeared sooner than expected, after just 1447 SRs :D
here he is:
Photo0444-1.jpg

he has a bold nature,which is just PERFECT :D

1447? How long did that take?
I managed Cyndaquil on my SR run of that game after 23 hours of SRing, not sure how many.... And I could have had one sooner if I was more attentive... I got Cyndaquil twice. XD Though the one I stopped on was female so I guess that's a bit of an upside. XD

I managed to get Starter, Sudowoodo, eevee, tyrogue, dratini, Lapras, Ho-oh, Snorlax and Lugia. XD I should take pictures of them all. XD

Congrats, btw~ I would have loved chiko, even if I would have rushed it through Bayleef stage XD

Fluffee

Fluffeeeeeeee
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2013
I have a question. Can mew be gotten LEGIT in shiny form? I've gotten mixed reviews from people. I have 2 from other people and I don't know they are hacks.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
While im here, i may as well post all of my shinies for the Shiny Dex. its a bit of a long-ish list, so im putting it in Spoilers

Spoiler:

i also forgot to make note that i am MMing Magikarp in my White. currently at 95 eggs

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
1447? How long did that take?
I managed Cyndaquil on my SR run of that game after 23 hours of SRing, not sure how many.... And I could have had one sooner if I was more attentive... I got Cyndaquil twice. XD Though the one I stopped on was female so I guess that's a bit of an upside. XD

I managed to get Starter, Sudowoodo, eevee, tyrogue, dratini, Lapras, Ho-oh, Snorlax and Lugia. XD I should take pictures of them all. XD

Congrats, btw~ I would have loved chiko, even if I would have rushed it through Bayleef stage XD

It took around 12-15 hours, doing 3 hours each day.

Nice! A female shiny starter is something to be really proud of.

Are those you listed your SR shinies? The're pretty good you know! I'm gonna try and SR for very SRable pokemon on SS once i get the other 2 starters, so those are on my hit list, so to speak :P

thanks!

and WASSUP KERUSO!!! glad to see you in another forum :D

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023

Are those you listed your SR shinies? The're pretty good you know! I'm gonna try and SR for very SRable pokemon on SS once i get the other 2 starters, so those are on my hit list, so to speak :P

thanks!

That's what I was trying to do, but eventually I killed my mind of liking the notion. XD I couldn't even get myself to play it anymore so I had to call it quits. But I'll either edit this post with pictures of the ones I find on Diamond (I sent them all there.... it's where mt 4th gen shinies hang out XD) or make a new one with them depending on what happens. XD

Edit: So I managed to find 6 of them on Diamond.... Not sure where Dragonite, Hitmontop and Lapras went XD I must have sent them to gen V already or somethin idk.... But here are the ones I did find....
Spoiler:

And because I saw it while looking around, here is the first shiny I ever chained. XD It took me about 2 months to do it. XD A friend of mine wanted a Shiny Buneary more than anything (This friend has since quit Pokemon... Not sure where the Buneary went when he sold all his games but I digress....) And when I found this out... (He lived in another town at the time so I had to hear about it from another friend...) I figured I would try to chain one for him as a surprise. So I started trying, but my luck was abysmal at best... either a Bidoof broke my chain or I somehow broke it myself. XD In time I started losing hope.... I just did it to pass time after a while the highest I ever got with it was like 26 I think.. Come June 14, 2009.... It was a Sunday... I remember that because I was on the loveseat/smallcouch while my parents watched Nascar... I was laying so that I faced away from the TV, chaining with the most bored expression I could imagine... the set of my eyes told me so... So I chained... and chained.... and 10 Buneary in... I see the patch... I flip, which gets my mom to laugh at me... and then caught this beauty, which I got cloned twice so I could keep at least one. XD
Spoiler:

And suddenly my camera hates quality on Agunie and Buneary XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013

thanks!

do i know you from somewhere? i dont recall your name

Back