• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Did you create your account for ROM Hacking?

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
I'm just starting to hack the Fire Red ROM! :) hope i can make a good hack! so, yes... i only made this account for hacking!

Pinta77

Yep. 4 years ago, i made this account pretty much for rom hacking.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2022
I created my PC account to learn more about rom hacking and have tons of tools at my avail.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2012
I joined purely for the hopes that somebody might help me find the tools used to make ROM hacks

Galaxy S3

New Mod Maker
Years
I just joined recently for the sole purpose of hacking and playing other people's hacks, I've recently started hacking fire red which I'm sure almost everyone starts with and I'm having a blast :)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Yes, I did. 100% solely because of it. When I first came to PC, it was to see the Ruby Destiny Triology and Shiny Gold, and then I did some loitering around in the Showcase section and saw that half the hacks have download links in attachments. So I made an account to download the latest versions of RD and SG and tried others as well. 2 months after I came back because I was directed here for tuts on how to ROM hack and ROM Hacking tools. I didn't visit many bright tuts till later on unfortunately, so I learnt everything the hard way. Then I was an upcoming GBA ROM Hacker then suddenly it started moving out of the scene, an year after the release of Black and White. DS hacking became more prominent, not to mention RMXP games. So I lost interest mostly and only peeped in when I was bored. I went through a few more hacks one day and saw awesome graphics and thought, hey, why don't I become a spriter? So I found many tuts over the internet and soon started my Sprite Shop. Now that I'm Spriter Supreme, I thought I'd get back to Hacking and that was just yesterday.

lemonzap

the 1337 lemonmeister
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2013
Yup, making an emerald hack now, made my account earlier today.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Uh...yeah. I joined PokéCommunity just for that reason. After looking at other people's hacks for a little bit (well, looking at their progress and responses from others, of course), I suddenly had the urge to start making my own FireRed hack. I became so focused on working on my hack that I neglected preliminary friend requests.

After halting work on my hack for nearly a year, I didn't show up here again. Until now, and it's still just for hacking purposes:laugh:. I have great memories of Pokémon as a kid, especially with the 8-bit games. But I've admittedly lost most of my interest in the franchise in recent years...perhaps I'm getting too old. I'll be happy to talk with others if requested, though!

Years
Probably. I was on minor hacking forums before. It wasn't until a few weeks that I heard about a large hacking community here till I decided to join.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
I made my account today for the creation of an all fakemon Pokemon game. If anyone is interested contact me ~green

chumon

The Chu Monster
Years
Made mine for hacking a while ago then had a lull as I got busy and gave up on hacking for a while. Then when I got back into it I realized I still had an account here.

Years
Yup, I joined just a little while ago almost solely because of the ROM hacking forum, although the art and challenge forums were part of it as well.

Back