• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Remove a Johto Pokemon!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Let's say you had the power to decide which Pokemon to remove... and which to add. More on the adding later. For now though which would you remove? Why? Which Johto Pokemon just doesn't stack up?

You can only remove one though! How would your removal change the GSC games? :)

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
Qwilfish. Only every caught it for the dex data, and was never interested in using one for my team.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Unown, easily.
I've never played the original Johto games but I feel removing them won't affect anything at all; they are a huge waste of space (28 forms), absolutely useless (pitiful stats and can only learn Hidden Power), and the design is extremely boring. I feel it won't be missed if it's deleted and I'm sure they are creative substitutes for stuff like obtaining the alphabet seals.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Unown, easily.
I've never played the original Johto games but I feel removing them won't affect anything at all; they are a huge waste of space (28 forms), absolutely useless (pitiful stats and can only learn Hidden Power), and the design is extremely boring. I feel it won't be missed if it's deleted and I'm sure they are creative substitutes for stuff like obtaining the alphabet seals.

Agree on them not having impact on the game, it's sad, they were so mysterious and whatnot, they had the potential to at least trigger some secret stuff in the game or something. But instead some may only be intrested in catching all the forms and that's it, they'll sit in the PC after that.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Skarmory, because I only ever encountered it in Hoenn and completely forgot it's a Gen II Pokémon.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Octillery. I didn't even know that this Pokémon existed up until like a month ago...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Corsola.....

My heart has a soft spot for the forgotten, but Corsola is super hard to find, nearly impossible to use, has horrible typing.... and quite frankly isn't even adorable enough to make up for the fact that it's useless in every way.

Even when they somewhat showcased it in Gen 7, it's "showcase" was it getting eaten by Mareanie and Toxapex. =/

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Unown!

I know my alphabets & it definitely doesn't look like this:-

2vxPN.png

A total waste of 28 spaces.

Pika Pika :chu:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm I'm pretty much team remove Qwilfish. Remoraid got a cool evo. Qwilfish got forgotten so honestly give it to another generation that would appreciate it more haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Dunsparce or the one with yellow limbs and head and a red shell wow i don't even remember its nam- SHUCKLE

Remove them c:

Years
Honestly, the first mon who came to mind was Chikorita. Sorry lil guy. It isn't personal. He has an attractive-looking evolutionary line, arguably the most consistent appeal of Johtos starters and tons of personality on the TV show. I just wish Game Freak put more thought into ways to use this guy, and not just how to make him cute.

The reason why I'd give him the boot is because he can't bring very much to the table as a starter. His final evo has no stat over 100 and he never received any buffs as the years went on, he has a forgettable movepool, no helpful hidden ability, no duo typing to support him as a defensive Pokemon. Most players will concedd that he's the worst of all 21 starter competively, and was dealt the worst possible hand in-game.

How would removing it change things? It would rip a hole in the fabric of time and space to do something as bold as take away a starter, definitely impact how you play the game. But I think it could also be an interesting opportunity to create a new, improved pokemon since his line isn't just going to be removed but can be replaced with an original grass type.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
How about we add a Johto Pokemon?

I think Kangaskhan should have a pre-evolution, but it's way too late for Game Freak to add one now. They should have made it in Johto.

Last edited:

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
Years
Unown. Take away Unown and nothing of value would be lost, aside from perhaps a movie tie-in.

Back