• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ugliest shiny Pokemon

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
I don't have anything against the color pink itself, but...

pink shinies make my skin crawl. Especially if the pokemon attached looks menacing.
Weavile as an example. Seriously, there are so many colors that fit a shiny weavile better.

Dragonair is an exception. I love Dratini and Dragonair as is, but if their shinies had a bit of darker blue to them they'd be infinitely more appealing to me.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
there's plenty of ones that don't look good, but Dragonite and Kommo-o's shiny forms are some fugly ass shit

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Kommo-o's is so laughably bad that I almost like it. xD

kommo-o.png

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I think for me other than the obvious ungodly WTF were they thinking colors the ones that are just a few shade difference like Plusle.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
None, I don't really care for shiny mons even though I like to have them around. I guess the ones that look similar to the actual version are a bit weird but it doesnt bother me.

PokedexDan102

Beater of nuzlockes! And lover of Megainium
Years
Shiny Nidoqueen. Just. They had the perfect theme going with Shiny Nidoran female and Nidorina. Why screw it up with that?!

Years
A few come to mind:

- Salamence and Dragonite's shiny colours really disappoint me. Salamence could've gone the way of shiny Charizard and it wouldn't have looked that bad. Dragonite is trickier, but anything other than the awful shiny shade it has currently would do.

- No idea why Espeon is green of all things. Although idk what else would be better for it, tbh.

... I think that's pretty much it for now.

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
Years
It's kinda annoying that a vast amount of water types have a purple/pink shiny (especially where chain fishing is concerned it'd be cool to see a wider variety of colours for water type shinies)

Apart from that, Garchomp's shiny REALLY annoys me (when I finally got one I could barely tell the difference without the sparkle animation!)

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Press F to pay respects to the Shinies that look almost exactly like regular Pokémon.

Dedenne looks pretty ugly, too.

Years
A few more, I suppose!

- I don't like Shiinotic's shiny colours. Brown should never really be an option on it; perhaps something like a light blue would be better, or some shade of a lighter blue but definitely not brown.

- Tauros is yellow for pretty much no reason. Although Tauros is one of those Pokemon where it's a bit difficult to do much with so I'd argue a slight variation would probably be better than just going an all out one colour or the other.

- Machamp's green doesn't really fit it at all.

qweenkobra

Legend Tamer
Years
I honestly think the worst shinies are the ones who hardly change at all! I would take a bad looking shiny over one, like seel for example, that doesn't really change.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
y'know, this thread makes me think, are there any green shinies that look good?

Back