• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

OshaWin

Hydreigon OWNS (So does Osha)
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2011
Is Heatmor any good?

I've been wondering if Heatmor is a good addition to any kind of team, since I've been considering adding him to my team.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Heatmor sucks, IMO. While it has good offensive stats, it's slow and frail. It also doesn't have much of a movepool to work with and is obtained late in the game. You're better off with Darmanitan or Chandelure, whose pre-evolved forms are available earlier on. They also hit a lot harder than Heatmor would.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
i agree with platinum dude. especially if you get a zen mode darmanitan. those are cool

Mahtale

Lives are overrated.
Years
Am I the only one that hasn't been able to connect to the GTS for the past few days? I'm not sure what exactly the problem is; I've been able to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi, just not the GTS.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Am I the only one that hasn't been able to connect to the GTS for the past few days? I'm not sure what exactly the problem is; I've been able to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi, just not the GTS.

I tried to connect today a bunch of times and I wasn't able to connect either.

KODAH

Supporter
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2019
how to get shinies in pokemon black or white

how do i find a shiny pokemon on pokemon black or white. i've been hatching eggs with a japanese ditto and american pokemon making it easier to hatch shiny because they are different nationalities and i havent found one yet. what is an easier method for finding shinies?

The_Noob

Banned
Years
how do i find a shiny pokemon on pokemon black or white. i've been hatching eggs with a japanese ditto and american pokemon making it easier to hatch shiny because they are different nationalities and i havent found one yet. what is an easier method for finding shinies?

The Junichi method only makes the chance... Say... About 1000 to 1. You'll still have to hatch a shitload of eggs before you find that shiny.

Noob out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2011
Question with moving pokemon to Black/white

So, it's been a long while since I played pokemon. Recently, I started playing Emerald again, and now I decided to buy a DS from a friend to play Soulsilver/Black or White. I have soulsilver right now. I'd like to be able to move pokemon from Soulsilver to Black/White when I buy it.

First Q: Is there any way to move pokemon from soulsilver to black/white with one DS?

Second Q: Is there a limit to how many you can move, or any restrictions moving certain pokemon?

Third Q: Can pokemon moved over from Soulsilver to black/white be used online to battle with?

Fourth Q: If I move over a pokemon, can it be ev trained/evolved by using it in Black/White?

The ones I really want to move over the most are: Gengar, Steelix, Gyrados, Hypno, Alakazam, Nidoking, Scizor, Ninetales, Arcanine (if I could get from HG), Jolteon, Umbreon, Kingdra, Zapdos, Moltres, the starter pokemon.

Is this possible? Any help is appreciated. If I need to DS to trade, I can always borrow a friend's. I just want some answers before I get too far in Soulsilver because I'm mainly going to play Black/White.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
^ I think your best bet would be to ask this in the actual Black and White area, and not New Users / Welcome. D: More specifically, the Quick Questions thread, is where it would fit best, in my opinion. Soooo I'm gonna merge these into that thread, and it shouldn't be too long before you get some answers!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First Q: Is there any way to move pokemon from soulsilver to black/white with one DS?

Second Q: Is there a limit to how many you can move, or any restrictions moving certain pokemon?

Third Q: Can pokemon moved over from Soulsilver to black/white be used online to battle with?

Fourth Q: If I move over a pokemon, can it be ev trained/evolved by using it in Black/White?

1. Nope, you'll need two I'm afraid.

2. No limit as far as I know and no time restrictions like DPPt's Pal Park system, but the Pokemon can't know any HMs and can't hold items when you transfer.

3. Yes you can. Competitive battlers, correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Of course.

Hope this helps you!

RIMHfire

Fire User
Years
It's probably right in front of me, but I want to make sure. To obtain Victini do, I need to go to a Gamestop and do the Mystery Gift, or just download the Liberty Pass? Because I already downloaded that, I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to me a trip out to my local Gamestop today since it's the last day for the event.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's probably right in front of me, but I want to make sure. To obtain Victini do, I need to go to a Gamestop and do the Mystery Gift, or just download the Liberty Pass? Because I already downloaded that, I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to me a trip out to my local Gamestop today since it's the last day for the event.

Just download the Liberty Pass via wifi anywhere - whether it's at Gamestop or your own wifi at home. Though yes, you'll need the Mystery Gift option to be able to do that.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Um. Is it just me or are the Gym Leaders of Unova just sooooo weak?

My team: Serperior lv.38, Simisear lv.38, Boldore lv.37, Seismitoad lv.37, Cofagrigus lv. 36 after 1-hit KO sweeping Skyla. And I've never grinded with Audino.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

My team: Serperior lv.38, Simisear lv.38, Boldore lv.37, Seismitoad lv.37, Cofagrigus lv. 36 after 1-hit KO sweeping Skyla. And I've never grinded with Audino.

The Gym Leaders aren't too hard, no. Skyla in particular from what I've heard didn't pose much of a problem for anyone. It's the post-game that gets difficult level-wise, with Pokemon suddenly 10-15 levels above you, and the new Elite Four in the 70s. I think they did it that way so that kids could easily play the story, but older players could still get the difficulty later.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years

Most of them are quite easy, like Drayden (Who I 1 hit-KO swept with Fraxure) but some of them are certainly not, in my opinion. I, for example, had some trouble with Lenora and Burgh.

So I think it really depends on your team in every stage of the game, and your team is overleveld :p
You could easily beat Brycen with your Pokémon ;)

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I tried PokeTransfer using my brother's DS and my French HG, but for some reason it says that there isn't a valid game card or something. What's the problem?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Then it should be fine if I trade my Pokemon to my friend's English HG, then transfer them, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back