• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have my own question now!

I went through the past few hours and EV trained my Volcarona, but the EV lady in Opelucid still says that it can try harder. I really don't want to mess it up, is there anything I can do? Maybe rare candy it a bit and it'll get all of the EVs, or did I actually do something wrong?

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years

I went through the past few hours and EV trained my Volcarona, but the EV lady in Opelucid still says that it can try harder. I really don't want to mess it up, is there anything I can do? Maybe rare candy it a bit and it'll get all of the EVs, or did I actually do something wrong?

Would be the safest bet that you may have miscounted while training... Though you could always try your rare candy idea (save first) or box/withdraw it and put it to your first slot to try again.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019

You most likely missed or messed up your EV count. I do it all the time by accident. XD Sadly, if you messed up your count, there's no efficient way of fixing it.

What I do though, is usually just add the remaining EV's I missed into another stat by the use of the vitamins. That, or just start over really. In your case maybe, I would make sure to save where you're at now. Then, depending on how many Rare Candies you have (enough to reach Lvl. 100), I would level it up and write down the stats of your Pokemon. Turn it off and back on (make sure you have your stats written down) and just go battle the EV giving Pokemon a couple of times, give it once again the Rare Candies up to lvl. 100 and see if that specific stat has changed at all. If it hasn't, just reset your game once again and move on to another stat you were working on. Make sure you don't save during this process though, otherwise it will just make this whole thing worthless. Only save once you've figured out which stat you didn't EV the way you wanted.

I hope that makes sense. XD Of course though, this will only work if you've messed up EV'ing on one stat alone. If you messed up all your EV's somehow, then you should probably just start over.

beca

◔_____◔
Years
I've been trying to EV train my shiny Litwick, but nothing has actually been happening. I was doing what I've always done, and it worked back when I EV trained on Heart Gold - Pokerus, the appropriate power item, with a Pokemon that gives the specific EV stat points that I want. However, it seems that my Litwick just hasn't been gaining the EV points, just levelling up as normal. Any idea what's happened?
It definitely hasn't used up all of its EVs, by the way.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I've been trying to EV train my shiny Litwick, but nothing has actually been happening. I was doing what I've always done, and it worked back when I EV trained on Heart Gold - Pokerus, the appropriate power item, with a Pokemon that gives the specific EV stat points that I want. However, it seems that my Litwick just hasn't been gaining the EV points, just levelling up as normal. Any idea what's happened?
It definitely hasn't used up all of its EVs, by the way.

Ev's are added on after every battle this time, so instead of adding on after a level up. They get added on after every defeated Pokemon. :3

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Ev's are added on after every battle this time, so instead of adding on after a level up. They get added on after every defeated Pokemon. :3

Also depends on the level at which you're training it. If it's leveling up rather quickly, it won't really show a significant difference, regardless of it being there or not. Though, with Pokerus and the items... I suppose it should show. XD

beca

◔_____◔
Years
Really? Thank you for clearing that up, I don't feel so frustrated now xD

It doesn't seem like it has done a great deal though, even though my Litwick only grew two levels throughout the time I was training her Special Attack. She's currently level 30 - will I see a change as her level increases?

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years

It doesn't seem like it has done a great deal though, even though my Litwick only grew two levels throughout the time I was training her Special Attack. She's currently level 30 - will I see a change as her level increases?

Yes, if you max out sp. attack you should see a large difference as it goes up.
The very max a litwick can have at level 50 is 128, but I'm betting you will evolve it before then, which will make it even higher since those forms have better stats.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Yeah, you should see a significant change as it grows in levels. It'll really show once it evolves though (if you do plan on doing that of course.)

M kingkong M

Sonny Digital
Years
If i EV a pokemon to 510 normally then gave my pokemon rare candies (from action replay) till 99 then level it normally to 100 will, will there be a difference in the pokemon's stats?? or is this exactly as training it normally??

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
If i EV a pokemon to 510 normally then gave my pokemon rare candies (from action replay) till 99 then level it normally to 100 will, will there be a difference in the pokemon's stats?? or is this exactly as training it normally??

Rare Candie-ing your Pokemon to level 100 after you've distributed your EV's won't effect its stats, it'll be the same as leveling it up normally.

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
Years
There is more of a WiFi battle question but anyhow:

Do I have to train my Pokemon to level 100 or do they instantly get put up to level 100 online?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
There is more of a WiFi battle question but anyhow:

Do I have to train my Pokemon to level 100 or do they instantly get put up to level 100 online?

You're going to have to train your Pokémon to LV 100. The only level they can set you up as is LV 50. If your Pokémon are under the level of 50, they will remain at that level so keep that in mind as well.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Not sure if this should go in glitches, but there has to be some kind of explanation for this.

My lvl 63 Volcarona was v.s.ing a lvl 64 Psyduck. Volcarona has a base speed stat of 100 while Psyduck has a base speed stat of 55. My Volcarona has a Timid nature (benefits speed) and has a good number of EVs on its speed as well, and has 23 IVs for speed. On the first move I chose Whirlwind, but for some bizarre reason, the Psyduck got its hydro pump in first. Then my Volcarona did whirlwind!

Can anyone explain this besides it being some kind of glitch? This is a genuine game, not a ROM or a hack or anything.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Not sure if this should go in glitches, but there has to be some kind of explanation for this.

My lvl 63 Volcarona was v.s.ing a lvl 64 Psyduck. Volcarona has a base speed stat of 100 while Psyduck has a base speed stat of 55. My Volcarona has a Timid nature (benefits speed) and has a good number of EVs on its speed as well, and has 23 IVs for speed. On the first move I chose Whirlwind, but for some bizarre reason, the Psyduck got its hydro pump in first. Then my Volcarona did whirlwind!

Can anyone explain this besides it being some kind of glitch? This is a genuine game, not a ROM or a hack or anything.

Were you fighting a trainer? I'm guessing it's possible for trainers to have EVs on their Pokemon just like your own.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011

Were you fighting a trainer? I'm guessing it's possible for trainers to have EVs on their Pokemon just like your own.

Yeah, but is it even possible for a psyduck at that level to out-speed a volcarona, ev-trained or not? Don't forget mine is also ev-trained and has a beneficial nature for speed, as well as high IVs in speed.

WAIT wait wait... I feel like an idiot now. I just realised it was probably holding quick claw.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, but is it even possible for a psyduck at that level to out-speed a volcarona, ev-trained or not? Don't forget mine is also ev-trained and has a beneficial nature for speed, as well as high IVs in speed.

WAIT wait wait... I feel like an idiot now. I just realised it was probably holding quick claw.

You would know if it was holding a quick claw, it would tell you right before he attacked "Psyduck used his Quick Claw!" Was it raining?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011

You would know if it was holding a quick claw, it would tell you right before he attacked "Psyduck used his Quick Claw!" Was it raining?

Oh... well it can't have been holding a quick claw. No it wasn't raining, it was indoors and it was the first move of the battle.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022

Whirlwind does indeed have decreased priority akin to Roar, Dragon Tail, Avalanche, Revenge etc. This means it'll go after increased and normal priority moves. It's not a glitch but it is indeed regular battle mechanics that have been in place for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back