• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Did the usual stuff, started up the game, went through the tutorial (this part should really be optional), caught some pokémon, etc.
Also, I downloaded the Genesect.

Current Status
In front of Aspertia Gym, ready to face Cheren.

Team
Oshawott "Takeru" lv.10
Lillipup lv.8 (not a member of final team)
Mareep lv.8 (not a member of final team)
Sewaddle lv.8 (not a member of final team)

After the gym battle, I plan on trading over three eggs (for a random Purrloin, Sunkern and Azurill) from White.

blue

gucci
Years
Just looking for Herdier in Floccesy Ranch (and Riolu to capture) with Tepig, Purrloin & Sewaddle on my team.
Oh, and I'm playing in challenge mode!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Survived the desert and met this cute girl named Rosa in Nimbasa ;D. She gave me the Vs Recorder (I think she wants me)
No, she doesn't =D

Aurum (m)
level 27
Your Riolu isn't very happy... :D Not evolving before level 25 is a crisis :D

Just a quick update. I'm currently training for the gym batlle with Skyla. Prof. Juniper gave me a Lucky Egg, so most of my Pokemon will be getting massive level boosts. Say your prayers, every Audino on Route 7. My Eevee is also finally ready to evolve, but I'm still debating which Eeveelution to evolve Eevee into. The strong attacker Espeon, or the tough tank Umbreon? If I evolved Eevee into Umbreon, I would probably have to switch out Krokorok, since I don't really need two Dark types on the team. I would replace Krokorok with either Magnemite or Joltick, but I't leaning towards Joltick since my team has weakness with Fighting and I don't need another Steel type. Espeon would fill a hole in my team and a Psychic Type would balance it out. I also will be needing a Fire Stone soon to evolve my Growlithe at the optimum time. Anyone know where to get a free Fire Stone in White 2 besides running around in caves? Growlithe needs to evolve soon or he won't be able to fight. He can dish out damage, but he can't take it. I can't post my team status since my game is somewhere else. Don't really fell like getting it.
Go for Espeon ;) Espeon is awesome in-game Pokémon. If you have 4 Red Shards left (since you get 10 from the guy in Nimbasa Poké Center) you can have Espeon learn Signal Beam from the Driftveil City's move tutor =)
As for the Fire Stone. There's one hidden in the Resort Desert =)

I beat Skyla, entered Strange House and found what I was supposed to (not gonna spoil =D) and I'm about to enter cave of Reversal Mountain.
Team:
448.gif

Lucario (45)
196.gif

Espeon (40)
637.gif

Volcarona (35)
553.gif

Krookodile (40)
134.gif

Vaporeon (32)
604.gif

Eelektross (44)

Boxed part of team:
197.gif
(19)
499.gif
(28)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just got the game today and have just reached Floccesy Town

My Team:

Purrloin Lv5
Tepig Lv7

I'm going to try to play this game without planning out my full team and without looking at walkthroughs if I can avoid it

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Pokemon_White_23.png

JOURNAL #001

Just got my copy of Pokemon White 2 and have just started playing. Managed to get my starter, which was a female on my first try.

Also, my name theme for this playthrough will be 'Gender Blender Names', where I give male pokemon female names and vice versa. Generless pokemon will be given any name I choose though

Current Team

Matt (Snivy)

495.gif

Lvl. 5 [F]
- Tackle
- Leer
- (empty)
- (empty)

EDIT:

Pokemon_White_23.png

JOURNAL #002

Got through Route 19 and met Alder there. Just passed through Floccesy Town and Route 20 and now in Floccesy Ranch.
Got a new team member, Marina (Psyduck) there.

Current Team

Matt (Snivy)
495.gif

Lvl. 8 [F]
- Tackle
- Leer
- Vine Whip
- (empty)
Marina (Psyduck)
054.gif

Lvl. 5 [M]
- Water Sport
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- (empty)

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Update since last time;

Caught Riolu
Defeated Cheren
Caught Magnemite
Reached Vibrank City
Attempted to battle Roxie.. and lost
Saved at that point.

Tepig Lv. 15 (M)
498.gif

Riolu Lv. 15 (M)
447.gif

Purrloin Lv. 16 (F)
509.gif

Sewaddle Lv. 16 (F)
540.gif

Magnemite Lv. 16
081.gif

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Haven't played too much, but am now basically ready to take on Roxie with my team. Got a Dewott (it gained a bunch of levels due to me going 'hey lets do ALL THE MISSIONS' rather than play the game proper, haha. That included the Audino mission, and so it is still ahead of everything else in levels), Stunfisk (because why not? Got it from Dreamworld, may be replaced later on though if I find something I prefer), Growlithe and Venipede. The rest of my team is a Lillipup with Pickup and whatever is the next strongest from what I catch (I am trying to catch everything as I go along).

Missions are a neat addon (better than BW's imo), and Mr Medal is possibly related to Scott given how he acts. =p

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Heheh. Sooooo much PokéTransferring for me to do. Will resurrect my 'best-of' DPPt team and merge them with all three starters, one of which is from W-2. :D

Years

Your Riolu isn't very happy... :D Not evolving before level 25 is a crisis :D

I was training it at night time, and was getting quite frustrated haha!

Anywho!
Head Smashed my way through Elesa with Aron.
Made my way to Driftviel and witnessed my first loss to Clay's Sandslash
Grinded on route 6 against some Pokemon breeder who wanted to battle me over and over.
Challenged Clay to a rematch.
Force Palmed Krokorok, Force palmed and paralyzed Sandslash,
Sandslash missed with bulldoze switched to Lairon, 2KO'd Sandslash and feinted to Excadrill.
Survived one bulldoze with Lucario, Excadrill survived one Force Palm.
Bulldoze missed and Lucario took out Excadrill.
So close. Good thing Lucario can jump hah!

Current team:

Interdum (m) level 34

Aurum (m) level 36

Wheatley level 13

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Pokemon_White_23.png

JOURNAL #003

Just did a session of grinding to get my Pokemon to at least Lvl. 10 before the 1st Gym of the game. Managed to finish Floccesy Ranch and managed to defeat Hugh in two turns with Marina's Water Gun.

Current Team

Matt (Snivy)
495.gif

Lvl. 11 [F]
- Tackle
- Leer
- Vine Whip
- Wrap

Marina (Psyduck)
054.gif

Lvl. 10 [M]
- Water Sport
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- Water Gun

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Plumpyfoof;7370172 Challenged Clay to a rematch. Force Palmed Krokorok said:
missed with bulldoze[/B] switched to Lairon, 2KO'd Sandslash and feinted to Excadrill.
Survived one bulldoze with Lucario, Excadrill survived one Force Palm.
Bulldoze missed and Lucario took out Excadrill.
So close. Good thing Lucario can jump hah!
HOW?! :D When I was battling Bulldoze never missed :D

Beat Drayden and Shuzui, Team Plasma etc... and I'm about to challenge Terrakion.

Team:
448.gif

Lucario (55)
196.gif

Espeon (48)
637.gif

Volcarona (45)
553.gif

Krookodile (45)
134.gif

Vaporeon (45)
604.gif

Eelektross (51)

Boxed part of team:
197.gif
(19)
499.gif
(28)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Pokemon_White_23.png

JOURNAL #004

Managed to defeat the first Gym Leader Cheren, with only 1HP left on my last Pokemon, Psyduck, O_O
After that, I managed to receive a mysterious egg in a trade with my former self, Para Sky. It has a strange scent to it which is reminiscent of the region of Kanto. What could it be?

Current Team

Matt (Snivy)
495.gif

Lvl. 11 [F]
- Tackle
- Leer
- Vine Whip
- Wrap
Marina (Psyduck)
054.gif

Lvl. 12 [M]
- Disable
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- Water Gun

??? (Mysterious Egg)

Spr_4d_Egg.png

EDIT:

JOURNAL #005

I forgot to mention in my last journal, that my former self also gave me three Pokemon (Palkia, Zekrom and Keledo), one of which arrived sleeping soundly. When he woke up, a remainder from his dream was a Horsea, a Pokemon rarely seen in Unova. He is now my new team member, and I'm expecting my 4th to be the egg that I received.

Now, I'm heading for Virbank City to battle with Roxie for my 2nd gym badge.

Current Team

Matt (Snivy)
495.gif

Lvl. 11 [F]
- Tackle
- Leer
- Vine Whip
- Wrap
Marina (Psyduck)
054.gif

Lvl. 12 [M]
- Disable
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- Water Gun

??? (Mysterious Egg)

Spr_4d_Egg.png

Aqua (Horsea)
116.gif

Lvl. 10 [M]
- Bubble
- SmokeScreen
- Leer
- Brine

Last edited:

PKMNTrainerTravis

Pokemon Trainer
Years
My Pokemon team and I have been training really hard in Nimbasa City. I caught a Roselia and I named her Rose. I battled the beautiful model Elesa and won, I even got to walk down the runway with her. My team has learned some new moves and we are still training before we head to the next town. My avenue is doing very well it had two new shops. I love my Pokemon team and I can't wait to catch more Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
Done quite a bit since the last update;

Defeated Roxie
Shot a movie in Pokéstar Studios
Sailed to Castelia City
Drove Team Plasma out of the Castelia Sewers
Trained in the buildings around Castelia
Riolu evolved into Lucario at Level 19!
Defeated Burgh on the first attempt
Got some medals for doing some stuff
Battled Colress on Route 4
Reached Join Avenue and explored the area around it
Reached Nimbasa City where I met Nate and took on the two Subway Bosses
Training for Elesa on Route 4
Saved from that point.

Team

Magnemite Lv. 22

081.gif

Lucario Lv. 22 (M)

448.gif

Liepard Lv. 23 (F)

510.gif

Leavanny Lv. 23 (F)

542.gif

Pignite Lv. 23 (M)

499.gif

Badges

50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
October 10, 2012

After a second loss against Cheren first thing in the morning, I decided to do a lot of training at Floccesy Ranch with Riolu and Drifloon. Then later, I felt I was ready to finally win that badge. Third time's the charm!

"Hopefully this battle is more interesting than your last one," Cheren said as he threw his first Poké Ball. "Patrat, let's go!"

"I'm ready for sure!" I yelled back, but really inside, I wasn't as sure. "Drifloon, maximize!"

"Still using the same Pokémon?" Cheren shook his head. "Patrat, use Bite, let's finish this quickly."

Patrat lunged at Drifloon with its mouth open.

"Not this time! Drifloon, use Minimize!" My Pokémon shrunk, causing Patrat to miss with its attack. "Good job, now, counter with your Gust attack!"

"Ok, that's not bad," complimented Cheren. "That was a good combination of moves. Patrat, build some strength with Work Up!"

"While it's busy, use Gust again, Driflloon!" My Pokémon was doing much better damage this time than in my last two attempts.

"Knock that balloon Pokémon out of the sky with one good Bite." Patrat followed Cheren's command, and this time it made contact for super-effective damage. Luckily, my Drifloon was holding an Oran Berry, so it ate it quickly to recover some health.

"Hang in there, Drifloon!" I encouraged it. "Keep using Gust!"

Cheren took a moment to give Patrat a Potion, as Gust hit twice more.

"Now Patrat, finish it with one more Bite!"

"Drifloon, dodge it!"

Despite its evasiveness being increased from the previous Minimize, Patrat chomped down on it with Bite, and Drifloon floated to the ground.

"Drifloon, return," I said as I returned it to its Dream Ball. "You did great. Patrat is nice and worn out. Now, Riolu, maximize!"

"Your Riolu has quite the look of determination on its face," Cheren commented. "Has it gotten stronger?"

"Allow us to demonstrate the answer to that," I smugly replied. "Riolu, Quick Attack, let's go!"

Riolu moved like a blur, and knocked Patrat off its feet. Patrat did not get up!

"Well done. Patrat, return. You put up a good fight." Cheren lobbed his second Poké Ball. "All right, Lillipup, it's your turn! Start by using Work Up!"

"Ready, Riolu?" My Pokémon, turned its head and nodded at me.

"Just standing there, eh? Then use Work Up again!" Lillipup continued to increase its attack power.

Still, Riolu did not move.

Cheren glared at the battlefield. "If you're not going to move, then we'll move you. Lillipup, take it out with your Tackle!"

Lillipup charged at Riolu with an attack that clearly had a lot of power behind it!

"Now, Riolu, use Counter!" The Tackle hit Riolu and did massive damage, but it stayed on its feet, and reflected double the damage back to Lillipup, knocking it out!

"Well done, Steve," Cheren said as he picked up Lillipup from the ground. "You've earned this badge. But… don't you already have the Basic Badge from Lenora?"

"I do, but I'm starting my journey anew," I explained. "I never got to battle Alder last time with Team Plasma and Ghetsis causing trouble. This time, I'm going to earn eight badges, find all the newly discovered Pokémon in Unova, and then defeat the Elite Four and the Champion!"

Basic_Badge.png

So I've earned the Basic Badge. After the battle, Cheren, Bianca, and I were chatting about old times and starting our Unova journey a year and a half ago. I then called Professor Juniper, who was taking care of my Azurill, and sent over my Riolu and Drifloon for a little break from training. That leaves Psyduck, Mareep, Swablu, and Sunkern to take with me. I also got awarded a few more medals:

Experienced Saver
The First Passerby
Beginning Trader
Opposite Trader

Those with a few more Hint Medals, brings my total up to 30. I then set out for Floccesy Town.

October 11, 2012

Dream World: Basculin. Nothing new; Gible with Outrage.

I had a long day at work today, so I didn't get to do too much training. Bianca did stop by Flocessy Town to upgrade my Pokédex. It will now tell me when I've encountered every Pokémon in a specific area. Apparently the only spot I saw all the Pokémon in was Route 19. So I'll have to explore Route 20 further later. I also got a few more medals, bringing my total to 33:

Pokérus Discoverer
Battle Learner
Occasional Trader

While I was exploring the town, I found a large rock with three large cuts in it. Suddenly, Keldeo jumped out of its Cherish Ball! It intently studied the rock, looking at all 3 slashes. Then, apparations of Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion appeared, and each one of them was shown using their signature Sacred Sword move to cut one of the slashes in the rock. Keldeo appeared to be trying to use Sacred Sword as well… and then it succeeded in learning it! Its form changed, causing its horn to grow, to be able to use Sacred Sword more effectively. I looked up to see what the Pokédex had to say.

"Keldeo, the Colt Pokémon. When it is resolute, its body fills with power and it becomes swifter. Its jumps are then too fast to follow."

Spr_5b2_647R.png

It seemed to thank me for bring it to Floccesy Town, then it returned to its Cherish Ball. I transferred it to Professor Juniper so it could be with the legendary trio that it learned its new move from.

I was out training on Route 20, when a Dunsparce jumped out of some rustling grass!

"Dunsparce, the Land Snake Pokémon. Dunsparce make mazelike nests in dark locations. When spotted, they flee into the ground by digging with their tails. They can fly just a little."

Unfortunately, I was not able to catch it.

October 12, 2012

Dream World: Darmanitan. Nothing new; Buneary with Fake Out.

I spoke with Professor Burnet, and she was able to upgrade all of the components of my Dream Radar to level 3. When I got home from work today, I was scanning for dream clouds, and something buzzed by my visor! Is that a Pokémon? Wait, it kind of looks like Tornadus, but it's a bird, not a genie! So I used the beam to reel it in (I feel very Ghostbuster-like when I do this…), and I did manage to catch it! Professor Burnet downloaded the data into a Dream Ball and sent it to me. The Tornadus I caught a while back looks nothing like this. Apparently, in the Interdream Space, Tornadus takes on its "Therian Form" as Burnet called it. She said that the other two Pokémon she detected in the Interdream Space must have been Thundurus and Landorus, and that they're also likely in other forms. I've never seen a Landorus before in any form though. Apparently, it's the legendary Pokémon that I was told a long time ago has a shrine built to it somewhere in eastern Unova. But, I will have to keep an eye out for a different looking Thundurus in the meantime.

Spr_5b2_641T.png

I was searching Route 20 for quite a while, trying to locate an elusive Dunsparce. I trained my team while I waited, but I finally did find one! I had Swablu Sing it to sleep, and then easily caught it.

160. Dunsparce
Spr_5b_206.png

I went back to the Pokémon Center, and got awarded more medals. My total is now up to 34.

Heavy Walker
30 Boxed
Superb Locator

I sent Sunkern to Fennel to be sent to the Dream World, and had Riolu, Azurill, and Drifloon sent to me.

Years
since my last update my team has changed from

Krookodile Lv 48
Leavanny Lv 51
Braviary Lv 47
Ampharos Lv 49
Samurott Lv 47

to

Krookodile Lv 58
Leavanny Lv 56
Jellicant Lv 43
Electross Lv 49
Braviary Lv 57
Flygon Lv 50

so since my last update i boxed samurott & ampharos
& spent forever trying to catch a trapinch & Tynamo
both of which were annoying to catch espically Trapinch
Which took me like a hour to find 1 & then when I finally go to use it after training tynamo for some time I quickly realize that it sucked I checked & its highest IV was 8 <.<

so i spent another 30 minutes trying to find another & after i finally do
& was trying to leave i started running it to them alot more DX

but anyways onto the more recent events which was that i blew the E4 away but lost to iris

my Moxie Krookodile &
Defiant Braviary easily defeated the 4 E4 member
but Iris's Hydregion Destroyed me oh well once i train my jellicant electross &flygon to atleast 55 I should be able to beat it Iris too

but this is easily the worst E4 ever

i beat the psychic using Krookodile Crunch spam
Fighting braviary with fly & gigaimpact
dark with braviary with superpower & gigaimpact
Ghost with Krookodile using crunch & EQ ( cofagrigus W/mummy need to keep moxie)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Pokemon_White_23.png

JOURNAL #006

I'm now at Virbank City and have just been grinding. While there, the egg I had hatched into a Nidoran, making her the 4th member of the team!

Now, I'm going to grind my team up to level 16 and take on Roxie for the 2nd badge.

Current Team

Matt (Snivy)
495.gif

Lvl. 13 [F]
- Tackle
- Growth
- Vine Whip
- Wrap

Marina (Psyduck)
054.gif

Lvl. 14 [M]
- Disable
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- Water Gun

Aqua (Horsea)
116.gif

Lvl. 10 [M]
- Water Gun
- Focus Energy
- Leer
- Brine

Alex (Nidoran)
029.gif

Lvl. 1 [F]

- Growl
- Scratch
- Chip Away
- (empty)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Spoiler:

I've accomplished the following things since my last post:

• Beat Cheren in an extremely close (as in, my last pokémon had 1 hp left) battle.
  • Traded the aforementioned eggs.
  • Caught a Riolu as my temporary fighting type.
  • Arrived in Virbank and did the whole complex thing, catching a Magnemite in the process.
  • Did some level grinding for an hour.
  • Defeated Roxie and went to PokéStar Studios (which is certainly more entertaining than the Musical).
  • Arrived at Castelia and did pretty much the same things I did back in White.
  • Explored the Castelia's sewer system and wandered into Relic Passage.
  • Beat Burgh.
  • Did some level grinding in Desert Resort and Route 4, catching my sixth member in the process.

Current Status
Just arrived in Nimbasa.

Team
Dewott "Takeru" lv.24
Monferno "Sun Wukong" lv.24
Gastly "Ophelia" lv.23
Houndour "Midnight" lv.22
Magnemite "Gamma" lv.22
Trapinch "Horizon" lv.22

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Pokemon_White_23.png

JOURNAL #007​

Managed to defeat Roxie with really underleveled Pokemon Now, I'm at Castelia and have just finished the Battle Comapny, Where Matt evolved into Servine.

Current Team

Matt (Servine)
496.gif

Lvl. 17 [F]
- Tackle
- Growth
- Vine Whip
- Leaf Tornado

Marina (Psyduck)
054.gif

Lvl. 15 [M]
- Disable
- Scratch
- Confusion
- Water Gun

Aqua (Horsea)
116.gif

Lvl. 10 [M]
- Water Gun
- Focus Energy
- Leer
- Brine

Alex (Nidoran)
029.gif

Lvl. 15 [F]

- Growl
- Double Kick
- Chip Away
- Venoshock

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I did a lot since the last update, so I'm going to summarize it a bit.

Did some trainer stuff, like...Training. Right now I'm in Skyla's gym and Galvantula is barely breaking a sweat. I also evolved Eevee into Espeon, but until he learns some good attacks, ihe isn't that great in battle. Found a Fire Stone for Vice and will be evolving him soon. He learned Flamethrower finally as well. Here's my current team status. Espeon is boxed right now until I can get around to training him.

Galvantula (F) Lv38
Braviary (M) Lv33
Servine (Venix) (M) Lv33
Growlithe (Vice) (M) Lv34
Krokorok (M) Lv32
Lucario (M) Lv32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back