• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
Years
As I continued to capture and grind my new Pokes, I got increasingly frustrated, so I decided to make babies in my Black game and trade them to White. Okay, continuing on with the Journal. c:

I beat Striaton Gym with my lvl 12 Pansage and my lvl 11 Tepig.

Traded Pansage, Tepig, Purrloin, Lillipup, Patrat, and Roggenrola for six little eggs. After a lot of walking, all six hatched, and after a LOT of grinding, they are all between lvl 5 & 10.

Tympole "Todd"
Lvl. 5
Hasty nature.

Atk: 11
Def: 9
Sp. Atk: 10
Sp. Def: 9
Spd: 12

Elgyem "Webster"
Lvl. 5
Relaxed nature.

Atk: 10
Def: 12
Sp. Atk: 14
Sp. Def: 11
Spd: 8

Heatmor "Darla"
Lvl. 6
Timid nature.

Atk: 15
Def: 14
Sp. Atk: 18
Sp. Def: 14
Spd: 15

Deino "Helen"
Lvl. 5
Serious nature.

Atk: 12
Def: 11
Sp. Atk: 9
Sp. Def: 10
Spd: 9

Tynamo "Daisy"
Lvl. 5
Sassy nature.

Atk: 10
Def: 9
Sp. Atk: 9
Sp. Def: 9
Spd: 10

Vullaby "Valerie"
Lvl. 9
Serious nature.

Atk: 17
Def: 21
Sp. Atk: 15
Sp. Def: 17
Spd: 17

I'm definitely gonna work on grinding them some more before heading off to the next town. I left quite a few trainers unbattled, so I'm gonna go back and fight them, then make my way to Nacrene City. I won't be catching/using any other Pokes until I capture any legendaries I come across.

Years
Since my last entry, I trained up the Solosis I got traded from my brother's White Version.

She evolved into Duosion after battling a few Audino.

Then I put an Exp. Share on her and evolved her into Reuniclus after my Chandelure defeated a trainer in one of Nimbasa City's stadiums.

My newly-evolved Reuniclus now knows Energy Ball, Trick Room, Psychic and Shadow Ball.

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
Years
I trained like crazy on Route 3 before annihilating ALL of Nacrene City gym with Helen, Webster, and Valerie with only Helen standing triumphant in the end. I battled all of the trainers and Team Plasmas in Pinwheel Forest, then made my way to Castelia City.

There, I beat all the trainers and the janitor in the battle building (I forgot its proper name) and got the Exp. Share. (I shift the Exp. Share between all my Pokes depending on who has the type advantage in the gym I'm currently challenging.) I got all the dancers together, receiving the Amulet Coin, got Flash from the dark shades dude, and beat the Team Plasma guys that were chilling across from the gym.

I beat Burgh with Darla and Valerie, Darla doing the most damage, of course. I beat both Cheren and Bianca without much difficulty, made my way across the desert, and am now currently in Nimbasa City, planning on doing some more training, then challenging the gym. I'll probably go to the Big Stadium and maybe participate in the Musical Theater. c:

Here's my team now;

535.gif

Todd. Lvl 20.
Bubble, Bubblebeam, Mud Shot, Round
Ability: Hydration

631.gif

Darla. Lvl 21.
Incinerate, Lick, Fire Spin, Fury Swipes
Ability: Flash Fire

633.gif

Helen. Lvl 20.
DragonBreath, Dragon Rage, Headbutt, Bite
Ability: Hustle

629.gif

Valerie. Lvl 19.
Gust, Leer, Fury Attack, Pluck
Ability: Big Pecks

605.gif

Webster. Lvl 20.
Confusion, Psybeam, Heal Block, Headbutt
Ability: Telepathy

602.png

Daisy. Lvl 20.
Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark, Charge Beam
Ability: Levitate

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Pokemon Black: Just finished off training my competitive team. The team consists of Scrafty, Chandelure, Vaporeon, Scizor, Venusaur, Salamence.

Pokemon White: Started a new game, defeated the first gym. My team right now only consists of Servine but I am hunting for a Drilbur.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2012
So I started a new game in White. Chose Oshawott and named it Samo. Beat the first Gym, got my C-Gear, and beat Team Plasma twice. Still planning out what other Pokemon I should catch.
Team as of now:
Dewott (Samo) Lv. 18 (Hasty)

Years
Winter has begun in Unova, and my Sawsbuck is looking beautiful.

I battled some Trainers in the stadiums in Nimbasa City.

And I trained my Vanilluxe in the hail on Route 6.

Winter is the time I usually train my Ice-types and I plan to train more Ice-types later.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
Roleplaying in Pokemon

I derive the most amount of enjoyment from playing the Pokémon games by roleplaying, so when I log-in I am not trying to achieve any goals or reach the limitations of the game. I prefer to spend a lot of my time interacting with the game world; for example, I can walk around in a city and mimic the villagers movements and have a good time doing it.

So after I defeat the Elite Four, (which is really my characters main focus right now) I plan on slowly discovering the rest of the secrets of the world and spend more time with some of my earliest Pokémon, or the Pokémon that I haven't spent a lot of time with so far.

I'll most likely end up setting some simple goals for my Pokémon to give the more personality; for example: I caught a Herdier with my Masterball on a whim and named him Diamond - there isn't anything particularly special about him, but I know that I'd enjoy putting him in Pokémon shows, and even battling him on a very non-competative level.

I put a lot of thought into how I organize my Poké boxes, and try to create an environment where I believe my Pokémon will enjoy themselves and find more meaning in their lives.

I'll also work on capturing special Pokémon which exibit battle prowess, and since they'll be neither RNG'd or Hacked, there should be a unique quality to them, which I think will make them more enjoyable to use in battles.

I do all of this in light of my character's image though, and I wouldn't be doing it unless there was reasonable motivation for my character to do it; I find that playing outside of the context of the game, Pokémon ceases to be a story any longer, and instead becomes a competition.

Every once in awhile, I may visit that Waitress at the Ferris Wheel to have a nice chat, from girl to girl, and coming back to challenge the Elite Four will provide me with a lot of inspiration throughout my Black & White history, and probably my favorite thing to do is to stay at home in the room where I grew up.

Years
I did a few stuff on Black a few days back.

Caught myself a Wigglytuff on Route 14, female with Naive nature. Not too shabby.

And my Golbat evolved into Crobat as well.

Also, I trained some of my Pokemon and did some Battle Subway Multi Battles with Hilbert.

Finally, I picked up a Heart Scale yesterday in Driftveil City for showing my Gothitelle to the girl who wanted to see a Pokemon knowing Calm Mind. (My Gothitelle's moves are Psychic, Attract, Thunderbolt and Calm Mind)

Still more training to do...

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I haven't played my White much so the most recent thing I've done was the Great Egg Swap. So I spent days trading eggs and ended up with a Pawniard.

Before that, I went on the Royal Unova for the first time. I battled a few trainers there and leveled up the Mewtwo I got through Wi-Fi to 73. I also checked out the scenery and have to admit , it's very beautiful.

I'll probably be doing more since BW2 has got me excited to play Pokemon again.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Ev Trained Mamoswine and Drapion. Both had egg moves. Icicle Drop, and Night Slash respectively.

Drapion was 1 point away from maximum speed. and 4 points away from maximum attack. and i only had to hatch 6 eggs to get him! Lucky bastard.

Mamoswine is 17 points from max attack, so i'm dissapointed. and 16 points from maximum speed.

Their names are Stampy, Mamoswine and Spinach, the Drapion.
-------------
next day

Caught a Milotic on Route One!!!!!!!!!!! So Cool!

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
585-winter.png

- - - - - - -
So I was catching Pokémon around Unova to fill up my Pokédex when I ran into this chicky!​

585-winter.gif

LV 26
Sassy / Sap Sipper / Likes to Fight
- Leech Seed
- Faint Attack
- Take Down
- Jump Kick

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Bouncing back and forth between my Black and White games mostly leveling up my Pokemon after maxing out their EVs :) I am training with my favs and not the overused macho types most of my Wifi opponents use, I believe in winning with the ones I like best even though lately on Wifi everyone shuts off the game when I am winning...

Currently on White I am training Sawsbuck, Bannette, Stantler, Pidgeot, Ninetales, and Haunter.

On Black - My Minun and Plusle from Sapphire, Emolga, Pachirisu (A Shiny one I obtained in SS Safari Zone), And several others I am alternating in and out of my party.

Might complete my Black Pokedex soon, almost there! On White I have a ways to go though.. DreamWorld helps a bit.

Oh yeah and it sucks when Cynthia is not around to battle with. Come back soon! k?

Shadowfire

Fire/Dark Trainer
Years
On my fourth playthrough in Black (started April 2), defeated N and Ghetsis 2 days ago.
Now, this time, I shall try getting my pokedex completely filled (besides numbers 647-649) before Black and White version 2 come out. Don't know if I'll get the Jap version or just wait for the English version...
Oops, got off topic.
Anyways, left route 18, and I got super lucky and caught a Milotic and Kingdra!! I think they have like a 5% chance by the Super Rod in Dark Water. So glad. :3
And I just got a Chinchou!! Those are ultra rare, 1% chance appearing by fishing normally.
Here's my team so far:
LV 50 Reshiram
LV 59 Pikachu
LV 53 Simisage
LV 56 Serperior
LV 55 Samurott
LV 55 Emboar (Starter)
I hope to level them up fast so I can take on the Pokemon League and actually become Champion this time.
Currently have 167 seen AND caught, so I'm on a roll.

Last edited:

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Why is no-one using the travel journal? :D

My first play-through of this game:

My Pokemon is correctly:

Purrion L6

Patrat L8

Tepig<Flashfire> L9

I'm on Route 2 training Purrion :D

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Finished breeding a Scizor in HG, taught it superpower, traded it to B/W, then EV Trained it.

I some how batched the EV Training. Luckily, i got the 200 ATK stat and the Hp stat I wanted.
------

I completed my Unova Pokedex today! I got my diploma and a stupid T-Shirt with a Pikachu on it.

I also have a T-shirt that says, "I caught a Stunfisk --ON PURPOSE!"

Last edited:
Years
Trained a few Pokemon as spring began in Unova.

My Slugma evolved into Magcargo, Pineco evolved into Forretress and Rhyhorn evolved into Rhydon then she quickly evolved into Rhyperior.

Also, battled lots of Trainers in Nimbasa City.

And to top it all off, went to the Cold Storage and caught another Vanillite.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Oh, this is my first time posting here. Hmm, let's see my newest entries.

4/5/12: Restarted the game. Named myself 'Aura' for some reason. Chose Snivy, totally good idea. Saved at Accumula, if that's the spelling, till the next day.

Yesterday: Got to Striaton City, beat Cilli, completed Fennel's requets, got back little girl's Pokemon from those Team Plasma jerks. I wonder why those idiots joined Team Plasma anyways knowing that they will be caught one day......

Today: Caught a Sawk for my team. Raised my Panpour to Lv.17. That took care of Lenora's Herdier, heck. I let my Servine & Sawk share EXP from Lenora's Watchog. That Pokemon gives me the creeps.

Future sneak-peek: Wanna nick my Pokemon to their Japanese names in Japanese characters once I reach Castelia City. After that, battle Bourgh.

Last edited:

blu3void

Exactly.
Years
Just restarting White after ignoring it for a few months.

Started with an Oshawott, returning to my Water type starter tradition.

Deafeated N in Accumula and saved.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I'm Playing Black.
Just started playing. My Name in the game is KJ.

My starter: is Tepig lvl:9 now

I have caught Lillipup lvl:9 caught at Lvl:4, Patrat Lvl:5, Purrloin Lvl: 4

Now I'm just training get ready to go to the 1st gym leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back