• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon You Hate Running Into?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Generation 1: Zubat

Generation 2: Zubat

Generation 3: Plusle/Minun, Solrock and his counterpart who's name I can't seem to remember.

Generation 4: Bronzor & Pachirisu

TY

Audino... I just hate those things and i generally want to avoid them, but if i have to catch a Pokemon which is in that moving grass 9/10 times that thing appears :S

Riv

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
I hate running into Plusles and Minuns in Emerald.
I'm normally trying to grind out a lower level Pokemon at that time, and they just come up and thunder wave me while I spam the Run away button.

Years
In what might be considered irony, I actually don't mind Zubat.

What I DO loathe as wild encounters are Patrat, Tentacruel, Magikarp, Pokemon with Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, or similar Abilities, and (in Gen 5) Pokemon that have Sturdy. *cough*Boldore*cough*

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
Honestly, I never found Zubats annoying. I actually like them a lot.

Pokemon that I hate running into are all those generic bug Pokemon right at the beginning, such as Caterpie, Wurmple, and Sewaddle. They always manage to poison my Pokemon, make them crazy slow with string shot, and gradually suck up their health one way or another. It also doesn't help that they're so close to the start of the game so it's hard to defend yourself.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oddish is one of the Pokémon that I don't like running into. Every time I'm in the grass, I run into Oddish a dozen of times. Grass-type Pokémon like Oddish usually end up using a status-altering move to paralyze, poison, or put your Pokémon to sleep, which could be very annoying. I don't like Zubat, either, because they make it hard to explore caves and tunnels. For the same reason, I also don't like Woobat and Geodude. xD"

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Anything with Sturdy- looking at you, Boldore and Roggenrola! Usually I'll just ohko anything in my way for a bit of exp because they probably won't get to hit me and won't waste much PP, but ugh. Those two would be such good training 'mons if even half of them had somethign other than Sturdy.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Anything that has:
Static/paralyzing move
Poison Sting/Poison Point
Arena Trap/Shadow Tag
Really high speed stat (won't let me run)

I just started using repels recently (I know...) and I doubt I'll ever go back to life without them, unless I'm trying to catch something specific.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
Years
Oh, I don't mind the Bidoof and the Zhubat.

What I had a problem with was actually not too long ago:
I, being the rebel that I am, was playing a Red Version of Pokemon I had recently bought off of eBay at ten o' clock at night under my covers. I always loved taking a quick peek at the different Pokemon in the PC Boxes to see if they're worth transferring and keeping later on.

The game started up and I was inside of some cave. I don't know which, but anyways, I was trying to find my way out since there were no escape ropes in the bag. Fumbling along, I ran across a wild Pokemon.

And I kid you not, as soon as that thing popped out, lightning flashed and thunder rolled and I jumped out of my skin:
Spr_1b_042.png

Wut.

I managed to get out of the cave, but not before running into a million Golbat.

Spriting's come a long way, my good friends. A VERY long way.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Well, I often get irritated running into wild pokémon, for example in Mount Coronet. However, in LeafGreen, where wild pokémon are actually good (I figured to overcome the problems associated with being underlevelled, i.e. spending two days grinding before the Elite Four, I'd just walk through every patch of grass and capture or defeat every wild pokémon), I've recently found Sandshrew to be awful to face. The only pokémon I have that hits it super-effectively is Clefairy, but Kadabra and Charmeleon can also hit it with special attacks. Because of this, they're all overlevelled, whilst my Pikachu still hasn't hit lv. 20. And since arriving at Vermilion City (I'm now at Rock Tunnel) 90% of my wild encounters have been Sandshrew. So I'm really starting to hate them now.

Outside of that, its usually Golbat. I want to run, but they nearly always force me to stay in, either with Mean Look, or just I can't escape. In the former case they confuse me to death, in the latter they usually poison me somehow and whittle down the health of my lead pokémon (usually one that I'm trying to raise). Removing them in BW was a serious blessing - I didn't realise it until I replayed Diamond though.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
Zubat, Magikarp, Golbat & any other overly populated pokemon...

COME ON GAME FREAK, SHOW SOME MORE VARITY!!!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Definitely Zubat and Golbat.
I also hate running into Pokemon with Arena Trap, because I have to waste my time fighting it when I really want to be somewhere else.

I also really don't like Emolga, so I naturally hate running into it.

NintendoFreezey

→ Stay frosty!
Years
Like numerous posts before me Magikarp, Geodude, Tentacool and Zubat were the destroyers of my child hood Pokemon adventures!

Lol, but to add to this list my whole time playing Green I always ran into Metapod and it was by far the most annoying pokemon encounter of my childhood!

(Left turn Wild Metapod appeared, Right turn Wild Metapod appeared, No grass? Wild Metapod appeared)

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Any pokemon with a 90% encounter rate are Pokemon that I just hate running into. That includes Zubats, Golbats, Rattatas and Weedles. Ugh, they are just so annoying imo :(

Back