• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT: So Stall Me Maybe <3

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
SO STALL ME MAYBE <3

My Skarm was wallin'
Spikes laid, Tran a-roarin'
Core dead, please stop ragin'
WHERE YOU THINK YOU GOIN' BB QQ

A. Hey, I just met you!
Hello CBCgoers! Welcome to my RMT. Perhaps I should tell you a bit about my battling history before I delve any deeper. I've been battling since late Platinum era, so I'm fairly acquaintanced with the nooks and crannies of Shoddy, NB Surpemacy and PO. I was pretty good at it back in the day, if I do say so myself (:D), but stopped for a while because VoltTurn and DDNite and weather and ;; I'M NOT GOOD AT THIS ANYMORE. But when a certain someone threatened to cry if I don't get back in battling (the ensuing consequences to this person crying...isn't something I want xD) I am forced to make a comeback! D: So here's my re-debut team. And I can't claim to be an expert on the new metagame, so this team is very much open to criticism and such. Oh, and by the way, here's my number. Stall me, maybe? <3

B. Pennies and dimes for a LIST

205.gif
227.gif
485.gif
593.gif
472.gif
149.gif

C. In-depth, team is showin'

205.gif
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)

• Stealth Rock
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Rapid Spin
  • Gyro Ball
Forretress! This thing is just awesome. It sponges attacks from the physical side really well and attracts a lot of fire attacks which Heatran feeds off of. I usually try to lead with him and get Stealth Rock up ASAP, especially if the opponent has a Dragonite or something lol. I play him very carefully because I need that Rapid Spin, but if the opponent's hazarder is dead then I usually sac him or just spam Gyro Ball until it's dead (provided all my hazards are laid down). It also provides the invaluable Toxic Spikes, which is another core component of stall, so Forretress is the setup pivot of the whole team. THIS TEAM CANNOT FUNCTION WITHOUT IT! On top of that, it's also my go-to for sweepers if I want my dedicated walls to have an easy time with them, as it can survive a couple of hits provided it's in healthy condition (if only to accumulate Toxic damage). The EV spread is pretty straightforward (and by that I mean entirely leeched off of a Smogon analysis xD), and it ensures that Forretress will be able to take hits from both sides of the spectrum.​
***​

227.gif
Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

• Spikes
  • Brave Bird
  • Roost
  • Whirlwind
First things first, the BW animated sprite enlightened me! I didn't know Skarm's wings work that way. :Oc Anywho this guy is probably the most notorious physical wall in existence, and for good reason. It's able to set up Spikes very very easily courtesy of its amazing physical bulk, which allows it to set up on the majority of physical sweepers running around in OU right now. As my main physical wall + phazer, Skarm definitely plays a pivotal role in my team, because he's able to sponge a ton of damage as well as deal them (mostly indrectly, through Whirlwind). His Brave Bird is also stronger than one would expect on a physical wall, and the recoil is negligible due to Roost. EVs are again very straightforward. Moving on!

485.gif
Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

• Lava Plume
  • Protect
  • Toxic
  • Roar
Heatran here is the third and final Steel-type of my team, and makes up one half of my special wall duo, the other half being Jellicent. I picked him mainly because he has great synergy with the rest of the team, benefiting from the fire attacks meant for Skarmory and Forretress. 2/3 of the types he's weak to are also types that his teammates are immune to (Skarm, Gliscor and Dragonite for Ground; Jellicent for Water) so synergy-wise he's very much covered. His Steel typing also provides him with a ton of resistances, so he can just wall a lot of things for days on end. Onto the set itself, it's designed to cripple the opponent's team as much as possible. Lava Plume has a very high burn chance (30% iirc), so any physical sweeper trying to switch into Heatran has to be cautious of that first and foremost. Heatran also has Toxic + Protect for opposing stallmons, as well as Roar to phaze any unwanted enemies and further stack up the hazard damage.

***​

593.gif
Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

• Scald
  • Hex
  • Toxic
  • Recover
As I've previously mentioned in Heatran's breakdown, Jellicent is the other half of my special wall duo, and also doubles as my spinblocker. Similarly to Heatran, it's also meant to cripple the opponent's team as much as possible, as it also possesses the ability to burn and poison the opponent. The difference from Heatran, though, is that while Heatran is also designed for phazing, Jellicent is dedicated purely to walling (I guess it's really tanking though, since Jellicent's Hex actually do a fair bit of damage lol). If the opponent can't break through half of Jellicent's HP (likely case, considering his bulk) then they better be prepared for a) death to poison/burn or b) PP WAR!

472.gif
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

• Substitute
  • Earthquake
  • Taunt
  • Protect
Gliscor first and foremost provides invaluable electric immunity, a type that would otherwise hit everything on my team for neutral or higher damage. It also comfortably walls most Fighting-types, specifically those that give Jellicent a lot of trouble. Scrafty, Conkeldurr, Breloom--all of them fall under the might of Gliscor. Substitute + Protect racks up a ton of residual damage, likely from the Toxic Spikes, while Taunt immediately shuts down opposing defensive Pokemon. Earthquake takes advantage of Gliscor's admissible 95 Attack stat and actually does quite a bit of damage with the STAB boost.

149.gif
Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

• Substitute
  • Thunder Wave
  • Roost
  • Dragon Tail
I would say that Dragonite is the star of the show, but that phrase is too overused so I won't use it, k? Let's say instead that Dragonite is the evil twin to Skarmory (in the sense that it's dedicated to phazing) and the evil twin to Gliscor (in the sense that it's also a subspammer) and the evil twin to JelliTran (in the sense that it's a special wall that spreads status) and IT CAN DO SO MANY THINGS IT'S INSANE. Upon seeing it most opponents also automatically assume that it's a DDNite, and scramble to find an appropriate counter; only to provide the chance for Dragonite to nab a substitute and just stall all week. Multiscale is an incredulously useful ability, making him, according to Smogon, 16% more specially bulky than standard Blissey. He's guaranteed to almost always get the defense boost as well, because Thunder Wave cuts his opponent's speed and allows him to spam Roost to kingdom come. It's just such a ridiculous Pokemon! (not that I'm complaining)

D. These things are in MY WAY!
AKA Threatlist. I'm gonna need to do more testing for this, so this remains empty for now. I'll get back to you guys on this!

E. Me wants team SO SO BAD
Okay! Have an importable.
Spoiler:

So yeah that's all guyssssssssssss! Thanks for reading through all of that and enduring my crazy spasmic writing if you did! Now if you leave a rate I will personally deliver extra love points for you guys so there's an extra incentive right there. Alright cheers!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If you don't mind my asking, what Pokemon does defensive Heatran outspeed with 12 Speed EVs?

You can also consider Wish support somewhere on the team, since some of your Pokemon lack reliable recovery, like Blissey or Chansey:
Blissey
-Wish
-Protect/Softboiled
-Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
-Toxic
Nature: Bold
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure

Chansey: same set as above, except that Flamethrower isn't a viable option due to 35 Special Attack, the EV spread being 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef and Eviolite as the item.

I'll post more later, but that's all I have for now.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Forever in love;

My Skarm was wallin'

As someone who has faced this team, it isn't pretty. However like you said, once your walls are down, you're pretty much open to most things, considering both your walls are physical, how about trading one in for a special wall? IMO you should replace Gliscor, as I felt that it did the least and was kinda dead weight, lol. And replace it with the Blissey set that PD suggested. n___n I also feel that you could have avoided a lot more damage if you predicted a bit more. You were wanting to but you didn't. ;; Like against Forretress, I kept Hydreigon out, you should have brought out Heatran etc. But overall this team is a nightmare to face, especially if Dragonite gets set-up.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Ohmigosh thank you both for the rates! Now do you want your extra love points delivered via e-mail or PM or...?

If you don't mind my asking, what Pokemon does defensive Heatran outspeed with 12 Speed EVs?

You can also consider Wish support somewhere on the team, since some of your Pokemon lack reliable recovery, like Blissey or Chansey:
Blissey
-Wish
-Protect/Softboiled
-Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
-Toxic
Nature: Bold
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure

Chansey: same set as above, except that Flamethrower isn't a viable option due to 35 Special Attack, the EV spread being 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef and Eviolite as the item.

I'll post more later, but that's all I have for now.

That's speed creep on my part. xD

Well, I guess Forretress's main issue is recovery, but I don't think that applies to the rest? I mean Protect + Leftovers still lets me recover a good chunk provided I predict correctly. Also what would you suggest I use Blissey/Chansey over?

Forever in love;
My Skarm was wallin'
As someone who has faced this team, it isn't pretty. However like you said, once your walls are down, you're pretty much open to most things, considering both your walls are physical, how about trading one in for a special wall? IMO you should replace Gliscor, as I felt that it did the least and was kinda dead weight, lol. And replace it with the Blissey set that PD suggested. n___n I also feel that you could have avoided a lot more damage if you predicted a bit more. You were wanting to but you didn't. ;; Like against Forretress, I kept Hydreigon out, you should have brought out Heatran etc. But overall this team is a nightmare to face, especially if Dragonite gets set-up.

I know right I felt like such a genius for thinking that up! xD

I don't really think I'm lacking in the special wall department; Jellicent, Heatran and Dragonite are all invested in the Special Defense area :3c Also Gliscor is the only thing on my team that resists/is immune to electric attacks so I'm pretty iffy about letting it go. ;; I'll test Chansey and Blissey, though! I'll let you know my results later, yeah?

That Hydreigon had Superpower!! (...right?) D: D: Also you still had a Scizor and a Ferro so I was playing it safe with Heatran haha xD
But yeah I'll admit that my prediction skills were really really bad in that battle. D; Also yes Dragonite has the potential to be annoying as hell if he nabs that Sub, which he does most of the time! Definitely MVP, I'd say. ;D

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
This is actually a good team so here's a rate.

This team looks like it has an extremely hard time with Volt Turn, your only real decent switchin to Rotom-W is Dragonite, and he's Stealth Rock weak, a smart opponent could easily take one turn to set up SR and then lure in Dnite with Rotom-W, making it substantially easier for them to win the match. Aside from that, your only special walls are Heatran and Dragonite, both of which aren't all that reliable; Dragonite as I cited earlier is weak to Stealth Rock and is only like 100/85 on the specially defensive side which is just sort of decent, despite Multiscale and all. Heatran is cool because it beats most sun teams if yo uplay smart with it, but it still loses to a lot of special attackers that can hit it super-effectively, Alakazam, Latios w/ Surf, Reuniclus, etc. To remedy all this I'm going to say Specially Defensive Gastrodon>Jellicent. While you lose your spinblock, it's not a huge deal, as this team won't have too hard a time beating stall even without its own spinblock, since every ghost loses to toxic spikes/toxic if you can manage to inflict them with it, plus, if you want to do even better vs other jellicent, you can move Stealth Rock to Heatran [which has a lot more opportunities to set it up] and put Volt Switch on Forretress. Then I'd try a CM Roar Latias over your Dragonite, it can set up on and beat Reuniclus [and other CMers] and CM/Work Up Virizion, both of which could cause this team some trouble against a smart opponent, plus CM Roar Latias is a lot bulkier and doesn't have an SR weakness, you do lose paralysis support, but it conflicts with T-Spikes anyways.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
Trait: Storm Drain
-Earthquake [better than Earth power since it htis Heatran, Terrakion, CM Rachi harder]
-Scald
-Toxic
-Recover

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252
Timid Nature
Trait: Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Roost/Recover
-Roar

Back