• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
I found one and it worked, thanks guys. You can tell I'm new at this. I'm playing it now, looks amazing Zel, Can't wait for the finished master piece.

But I do have a question.

Okay, so I read that you said we can explore the Center and East Kanto map, can we still go to all of the cities or will it crash if we try to go there? Or can we still go there, but there arn't any scripted events?

Thanks guys.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I found one and it worked, thanks guys. You can tell I'm new at this. I'm playing it now, looks amazing Zel, Can't wait for the finished master piece.

But I do have a question.

Okay, so I read that you said we can explore the Center and East Kanto map, can we still go to all of the cities or will it crash if we try to go there? Or can we still go there, but there arn't any scripted events?

Thanks guys.
You'll be blocked when you try to go there.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
I think its a great hack! Playing it right now but maybe if its possible you know at the Ruins of Alpha, the panels. Maybe you could allow the players to do it ourselves?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I think its a great hack! Playing it right now but maybe if its possible you know at the Ruins of Alpha, the panels. Maybe you could allow the players to do it ourselves?
It's more or less impossible to do that in Firered -_-

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
For a guy who really liked G/S/C, and whose favorite was Crystal, this game is really looking awesome! And judging from the BGM remixes on YouTube, the music is really good. I'll play the beta when I get the chance, but for now, keep it up!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I just want to let you know, zel, that it is possible to change the intro movie. I can't remember which hack it was, but I'm100% sure I've played a hack where the intro movie was edited.

Probably you may be talking about Baro's Marble, or maybe Chaos Black? Usually they change the background and the Pokemon in the fight, but other than that, the idea about the intro is still the same, two pokes battling and then the titlescreen. That's what I'm refering to not being able to change that, and since I doubt anything different could be done, it's just not in my list of priorities.

Good day to all.

@zel: have you placed a link to my newest uploads? if not, let me do it.

to all PC users: please leave a comment in youtube... enjoy

Legendary Beasts Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQxnY8NI3Uo

Ho-oh, Lugia and Celebi Theme (i wish...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWOnleg_GcM

I think I better leave a link to your profile at the tube, it'll be faster, I'll remember doing that tomorrow.

I'm amazed you managed to make a digging mini game. Will there be any other D/P/P elements in Shiny Gold eventually? Can't wait to see more ^^

I'll check the tube's video tomorrow and then double check about the first part of your post.

About the question: I dont know, I just implement side-stuff on the moment. I needed a digging game, and making it DP-esque sounded like a challenge, so I went for something like that. If I see anything else that sounds like a challenge (but I feel like it could be done without too much problems), I may try to do something more.

Will we be able to rebattle all of the Gym Leaders at some point? Or is it restricted to just the one? It would be cool if we could battle them again with improved teams.

That depends on the ammount of trainer slots we'll have available by the time the game is on the last phases. It'd be cool, I agree.

My first idea involving overworlds failed ('cause I couldnt use as many as I wanted), so now, the next idea is to use tiles, and setmaptile commands, which surely does sound a bit too "heavy" to implement. I better dedicate to the mini-games first.

---

So, weekend comes. Let's hope I can make some free time for hacking.

~Avversione~

Signature Tag Maker
Years
shinygoldxb5byzelsn5.png

Fancy screen you have there xD. If you need to know; this is Beta 5 X. In fact, it's like that on the sides of the place where the password is HAIL GIOVANNI too...

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Well I was looking around here and saw that hetran said the puzzles in ruins of alph were impossible. Technically it can be done but extremely hard. That would mean if done you need bout another 32 ows, the minng script ripped apart and reworked for it with some tough scripts like lets click a to slect piece move piece click a to deselect repeat over till complete (well that doesnt sound tough but it is) and some other stuff. So its doable but not impossible.

Years
zel I Know that you dont want people to ask you how to get Jirachi, but I found this vid on You tube and was wonderning is this how you do it. or is this just someone hacking it?
youtube.com/watch?v=XSG7-uXnXqs&feature=related

noah73x

Noah
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
zel I Know that you dont want people to ask you how to get Jirachi, but I found this vid on You tube and was wonderning is this how you do it. or is this just someone hacking it?
youtube.com/watch?v=XSG7-uXnXqs&feature=related

i tryed it and it doesn't work :D
it's no fun to solve the missions with help :P
so next time send him the link in private message please.

[censored] didn't saw the "have to have 200 pokemons"... so it might work.. but i hope it won't... :'(

btw, is there a release date for the next version?
:embarrass

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2009
Wow! I see ppl with SHiny Gold Banners in their sigs and nowI know why this is a wonderfull hack!
'love it!

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
Years
Just a question zel, (havn't seen it answered on the first post) is there any specific reason you decided to remake Gold rather than Crystal? I always saw the 3rd games as sort of the "Complete" games (e.g. a game like Kingdom Hearts Final Mix) so I thought it would have been a better "template" to use as a Generation II remake.

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
This might be a stupid question and Im sorry if it is but I was just wandering could anybody tell me where to get a world map in shiny gold or is it even possible?

noah73x

Noah
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
This might be a stupid question and Im sorry if it is but I was just wandering could anybody tell me where to get a world map in shiny gold or is it even possible?

same as gold/silver/crystal... at the 2nd town's enterance you'll see an old man, he'll give you a tour in his tour and will give you the map afterwords.

Back