• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokelover445

Looking for a scripter -MSG :)
Years
I know there is a guide
But my computer has no room for adobe reader to open PDFS.
This tool looks good, but how do I give a character the script I generated using the tool you made.

Years
in advance map, select the script, and change the offset to the hex value of your main #org

question: When I search for free space, and set my new script to its offset, is it ok to delete all that stuff in it already?

Last edited:

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
question: When I search for free space, and set my new script to its offset, is it ok to delete all that stuff in it already?
Since it's tried to find free space, it will have given you a location where no data is being used - so it is safe to delete the files.

Anyone who wants to severely abuse an alpha version of my program which will be compiled in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and will have support for #dynamic, please PM me and I'll give you further details.

Last edited:

King Gengar

Ghost Hunter
Years
need some help. umm i just finish like scripting, but where do i save it so the script can be shown in the rom? because im having a trouble when i talk to a person in the game, it still has the original text. so is there like away to save the written script? or something?

score_under

Years
is there like away to save the written script? or something?
There are 3 ways to do this.
  1. Press F9
  2. or, go to the ROM Tools menu and press compile
  3. or, click the gear-wheel icon on the toolbar

And yet, I am still in need of beta testers...

score_under

Years
Don't worry Score_under...Beta testers don't come in 1 day, or even one week. They'll come eventually.
And yet people asking for help, and/or downloading, come daily - it makes no sense.

I'm keeping this beta more or less closed, open only to those who sign up to it because of the expected bugs and instability from grafting on some new multi-platform code (meaning it could be compiled in Linux).

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I can beta test for you
i like PKSV
the only thing i don't like is that it doesn't have Dynamic offsets

Years
Uhh... As I recall he said something about getting those to work to me. I dunno, I just told him about how dynamic offsets in CON files were gonna eat his babies.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Happy yet confused customer

I need some help with the pksvui... the thing is... I don't know anything about scripting.
The auto-script is amazingly wonderful, but lacks some of my favorite elements to use in map-design... obstacles. I can't script cuttable trees and smashable rocks. I also have problems scripting people. Anyways... any help is much appreciated in advance... I have a LONG way to go.

(To Score_Under: I would really love to be a beta tester for you, as I just started my first pokemon hack two days ago. I'm sure I will bounce around every inch of your program before I finish, and it should be a good dummy test for your more automated processes)

score_under

Years
The auto-script is amazingly wonderful, but lacks some of my favorite elements to use in map-design... obstacles. I can't script cuttable trees and smashable rocks. I also have problems scripting people. Anyways... any help is much appreciated in advance... I have a LONG way to go.
Assuming you're using Fire Red, you can just set the script offset of anything you want to behave like a cuttable tree to 1BDF13. This is better than creating another script because it does not take up any more space in the ROM, and is consistent even if you edit the script (for example, if you don't like the animation).

The smashable rock is at 1BE00C, and a rock you can move only with strength is at 1BE11D.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Assuming you're using Fire Red, you can just set the script offset of anything you want to behave like a cuttable tree to 1BDF13. This is better than creating another script because it does not take up any more space in the ROM, and is consistent even if you edit the script (for example, if you don't like the animation).

The smashable rock is at 1BE00C, and a rock you can move only with strength is at 1BE11D.

Thanks much! Is there a complete list out there of reuseable offsets like that?

Mew-Mewwer

Miyuuuuu?
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2009
I have a few problems.
1: When i want to insert a new script, it takes very long to open it, then gives a Error message.
Help?
2: When i edit a script that already exists, it doesn't saves it
Help?

score_under

Years
I have a few problems.
1: When i want to insert a new script, it takes very long to open it, then gives a Error message.
Help?
2: When i edit a script that already exists, it doesn't saves it
Help?
You might be decompiling (getting code from ROM and displaying it in the editor) when you should be compiling (getting code from editor and inserting it into the ROM), and vice-versa.

And an old quote...
your "tutorial link" freezes my computer >:[
Disable the Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX control and install Foxit Reader.

Last edited:

Mew-Mewwer

Miyuuuuu?
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2009
Thanks for your help. I guess you have to do that by opening pokesvui and insert a free code, and then insert it into the rom?

score_under

Years
Thanks for your help. I guess you have to do that by opening pokesvui and insert a free code, and then insert it into the rom?
If this is set as the default script editor for AdvanceMap, and you want to edit a script, just open it from advancemap, make the necessary changes, and press F9 to compile it into the ROM.

You can also do this with scripts you have written from scratch.

If you want to decompile without AdvanceMap (unlikely, but hey) press F8 and type the offset you would like to compile. Click the "decompile" button and it should take you to the correct offset.

The 3 text fields and "Convert" button at the bottom of the "Decompile" dialog are used only in Pokemon Gold scripting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back