• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drizzle team

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2011
I agreed to post this for my friend, the king of slack, because he is technologically troubled.

Acid Rain
So this my second time trying to create a weather team i decided to go with rain because of its popularity its a balanced team it's not really stall oriented but not really offensive it sorta in between......anyways lets get down to business

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden power [Electric/Grass]

Of course with every drizzle team you need Politoed this I want to work to shut down any other weather Pokémon focus blast is for Tyranitar and hypnosis hydro pump for nine tales and Hippodown. Timid for more speed and Choice specs packs a bigger punch.

Toxicroak
<Dry skin
+Big root~252 atk/ 252 hp/ 4 speed
-Sucker Punch
-Bulk up
-Drain Punch
-Substitue

I decided to go on the bulkier side with ev's for this poke because of the lack of defenses. This set is practically the same things you see on conkledurrs just allot more healing and a priority move that better suits Toxicroak. It's Ideal to get this guy out during rain but he still works pretty fine without (as long as it's not sunny) I used a big root to boost drain punch's usefulness.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Ivs: 0 Speed
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

A great wall that helps with my problems with Landorus, Garchomp, and Kingdra with his stab gyro ball and power whip respectably. Stealth rock is their because its the best move in the game and spikes to aid accelgor with spiking.

Jolteon @Choice Specs
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Ability: Volt Absorb
-Thunderbolt / Thunder
-Hidden Power [Ice/Grass]
-Shadow Ball
-Volt Switch

I wanted to use thunder's accuracy in rain, so using this guy because of his ability. Volt Absorb makes it so he can switch in on an electric move which my Politoed will be seeing a lot of heal and quickly switch back out with volt switch. Speed and spatk were my choice eV's for obvious reasons. Shadow Ball for coverage. Haven't decided on ice or grass hidden power yet.

Accelgor @Focus Sash
Timid Nature
Ability: Sticky Hold
-Bug Buzz
-Spikes
-Final Gambit
-U-Turn/Encore

My lead. Great speed ensures at least one layer of spikes while his high special attack hits hard. U-turn for switching with damage or encore to be just plain annoying. Not sure which one to use so please comment on this.

Scizor
<Technician
+Choice Band~252 atk/ 248 hp/ 8 speed
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Super power
-Pursuit

Scizor compliments this team perfectly. Destroying any random hail team i run into and also being able to switch in on just about anything than switching back out with a crazily powered up u-turn. This guy also gets the benefit of having fire weakened due to rain.

So thats what i've come up with please let me know what you think like on a scale of 1 to 10 10 being the best or maybe possible counters to this team that i should worry about. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm not sure if Wide Lens is banned or not, so you might not want to use that. Hypnosis is kinda bad on Politoed anyway, especially the Drizzle kind, unless you're going to use a stall set, which it doesn't look like this team is meant to do. I'd go with a simple Choice Scarf/Specs set to lead with.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Timid (+Spd, -Atk) / Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden power [Electric/Grass]

Next up is that Accelgor. It doesn't really look like it's doing much to benefit the team unless you're going to make it something different, which there really isn't much different to go with from that set. I'd say that you should go with a Ferrothorn over Accelgor. It may not get Hydration or anything like that, but you're getting Fire types weakened, which means you'll be able to tank more hits, and it sort of counts as a counter-Rain Dance Pokemon threat such as Azumarill.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Ivs: 0 Speed
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed / Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball / Thunderwave / Protect

Change Tentacruel's item to Leftovers please. Using Black Sludge just gives your opponent a chance to Trick you and put the Black Sludge onto another of your Pokemon, which you don't really want.

This is really all the help I can give right about now, since I don't know too much about the metagame to help you more than this.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
Years
Give Jolteon Charge Beam in place of T Wave, and Jolteon can learn Rain Dance. Other moves are Pin Missle, Double Kick, Bite, I think Twin Needle.
And since your using water, see if you can put Aqua Ring on Tentacruel. Black Sludge, Rain Dish, Aqua Ring.
And what does Dry Skin do?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Give Jolteon Charge Beam in place of T Wave, and Jolteon can learn Rain Dance. Other moves are Pin Missle, Double Kick, Bite, I think Twin Needle.
And since your using water, see if you can put Aqua Ring on Tentacruel. Black Sludge, Rain Dish, Aqua Ring.
And what does Dry Skin do?

Jolteon doesn't need any of those moves. Maybe T-Wave. Pin Missile, Double Kick & Bite are all weak physical attacks, meaning they're useless. D: Aqua ring really isn't that good since he waste's a turn, he can restore enough Hp with Black Sludge / Rain Dish

Dry skin is a unique ability that depends on type's to work. In the Rain it'll restore Hp like Leftovers/Rain Dish/ will do and in clear skies when hit with a Water attack you'll restore Hp. In the Sun you'll take damage at the end of each turn and in Clear Skies you take x2 Damage from Fire attack, [The Absorbing and Double damage take effect in the weather's also]

Anyway, use Leftovers on your Politoed, it's clear you're going for a stall offensive team.

It's moveset it okay, but give him a Bold Nature. [You haven't listed nature's?]

For Toxicroak take of his Big Root and give him a Black Sludge/Leftovers. Since you're using Substitute you can maybe replace Drain Punch for Focus Punch and go a SubPunch set. It should be an Adamant nature.

For Tentacruel you're taunt bait, Rapid Spin sure won't be doing any damage any time soon.

Tentacruel @Leftovers
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature
Ability: Liquid Ooze/Rain Dish
-Scald
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Knock Off/Ice Beam/Sludge Wave

This is a decent set that you can use to Semi-Stall, Scald is for your STAB and a chance to burn. Toxic Spikes gives your team more support with poisoning the opponent. Rapid Spin clears your pesky entry hazards, and you can maybe but Protect in the last slot?

I suggest going for a Specs Jolteon since that's what it seems like;

Jolteon @Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Ability: Volt Absorb
-Thunderbolt / Thunder
-Hidden Power [Ice/Grass]
-Shadow Ball
-Volt Switch

With a base 110 Special Attack stat he can really pack a punch, Thunder can deal with Water / Flyers and dent anything that doesn't resist it, Hp Ice can take down Ground/Dragon types. Whilst Grass get's Ground / Rock types. Shadow Ball get's Dark / Ghost types and Volt Switch is your U-Turn for the Choice items.

Accelgor is quite the unique Pokemon, being an extremely fast Spikes user. If you're going to use it, place it in the lead slot, then you can use Politoed after, this thing is as frail as they come. [Not really but y'know] he is frail.

Accelgor @Focus Sash
Timid Nature
-Bug Buzz
-Spikes
-Final Gambit
-U-Turn/Encore

His amazing base 145 Speed means he can lay down at least one layer of Spikes, Bug Buzz is for your STAB and of a base 100 Special attack it'll do quite well. Final Gambit can be used right of the bat to take a huge chunk of Hp from the opponent, if they have less Hp than Accelgor they should go down with it. U-Turn is for scouting whilst Encore can be used to Pseudo-Phaze in a way.

I see no problem with your Scizor, Good luck with your team. n___n

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Dont use Accelgor when Deoxys-S is still available in OU. ;]

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Things like ScarfChomp and RP Landorus can outspeed your entire team and devastate it with a powerful Earthquake. You have no solid resist (Accelgor does not count) and they can win the game by spamming their STAB move. I'd invest in a good ground immunity like bulky Rotom-W that can continually switch into Gliscor and Skarmory that wall Toxicroak.

I also don't like Tentacruel on this team at all to be honest. None of your team is sr weak and Toxicroak can absorb T-spikes. It just sits there, adds weaknesses, and lets dangerous things like Lucario set up.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
Years
So, Dry Skin heals in rain and hurts in sun. The comment in parenthesis, did that mean in sun, water moves will heal and in rain, fire moves will hurt?
And I suggested Charge Beam cuz of the 90% chance of spatk raise. He said he didnt want Shadowball, and those were the only moves I thought of.
I thought of a perfect Drizzle-Team Move. Water Spout. Rain will power it up, it gets a STAB. I dont know if any of the Gen 5 pkmn here can learn it, but its a good move.
And another Ability question. What does Hydration do?

Years
So, Dry Skin heals in rain and hurts in sun. The comment in parenthesis, did that mean in sun, water moves will heal and in rain, fire moves will hurt?
And I suggested Charge Beam cuz of the 90% chance of spatk raise. He said he didnt want Shadowball, and those were the only moves I thought of.
I thought of a perfect Drizzle-Team Move. Water Spout. Rain will power it up, it gets a STAB. I dont know if any of the Gen 5 pkmn here can learn it, but its a good move.
And another Ability question. What does Hydration do?

Against a Dry Skin user, fire moves do double damage, and water damages are absorbed. In rain, the user gets healed at the end of each turn, and in sun, the user receives damage. I didn't know that being in the different weathers also changes how the attacks work (the person who comments seems to say water moves will not be absorbed in the rain?), so I can't say anything to the accuracy of that statement, though a quick check on Bulbapedia or Smogon may enlighten you further.

Notable Water Spout learners include Octillery, Blastoise, and Jellicent, though two of these are usually slotted into defensive roles, and Octillery will really only shine on a TR team.

Hydration clears status at the end of a turn. So if you rest, you get full HP, and then wake up.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2011
K Thanks guys Ill make changes.

Accelgor @Focus Sash
Timid Nature
-Bug Buzz
-Spikes
-Final Gambit
-U-Turn/Encore
Or
Tentacruel @Leftovers
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature
Ability: Liquid Ooze/Rain Dish
-Scald
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Knock Off/Ice Beam/Sludge Wave
What do you guys think?

@dark azelf: Lets just say I personally hope that it gets banished to ubers fairly quickly.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
To be honest, if you're looking for a fast lead Pokemon, you should really be using Deoxys-S while it's still in the OU metagame, as Azelf said. It's just tons better and has access to more powerful moves, Stealth Rock and Magic Coat, which can really help against other leads.

And also about your sun counters, I'd actually invest in using something like an Offensive Poison Heal Gliscor, maybe over Accelgor or Toxicroak, since it doesn't look like they're doing much. They're immune to all these Earthquakes that Garchomp and Landorus would be throwing your way, and can hit back with Toxic Orb and Acrobatics or something. It's just something to think about. :)

Back