• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Earth and Sky!: Pokemon Battle Royale! [T]

Years
Shadoan tilts his head a bit to give what Kiba had said some thought. "You mean like a Ranger? I mean, Pokemon rangers use devices to unite their hearts with other pokemon in order to issue tasks or basic commands a trainer would use... Unless you have another method or am I in the right ballpark?"

------
Shadoans Eevee left to greet herself to the group. "Hi, Im Stella! Lights GF! Nice to meet you all..." Light lays there looking out into the forest as Shadoan's Quilava crawls out from behind him to introduce himself to the rest of the pokemon. "I'm Avaith, the Umbreon is Light and the Heracross on the tree is Jev." Finally Shadoans Wingull flies from the top of the tree and perches herself onto Avaith's head. "I'm Ulla. Nice to meet you all." Avaith looked back onto Light and called his name. "...Oh, sorry.... I wasn't paying attention, there were a few wild bug types near our camp.... I guess I lost track of what was happening around here."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

"Well, I thought it was necessary for trainer's to carry pokeballs? I don't see any ranger gear on you, unless you have it hidden. So, if you are a trainer, how did you get those two to follow you? How do you keep them safe? Instead of bringing them in a pokeball to a center you'll have to carry them." Jack was confused on that last part. If Kiba had a large pokemon such as that Arcanine over there, how could he possibly get him to the pokemon center quickly?

Meanwhile Alpha smiled at all of the other pokemon, "Alright, let me see if I got this down right. Flare, Mello, Stella, Avaith, Ulla, Light, and Jev. Glad to meet you all." Out of the corner of his eye Alpha could see Mello moving toward Echo and Charlie. He forced himself to stay where he was, Mello would get the message soon enough.

"So, how did you all meet your trainers? For me I was my trainer's first. Met him in the laboratory to be picked."

Bravo crackled, "I met the both of them on a dark, stormy night. They had gotten lost in some woods near the tower I lived in. Oh, I had a lot of fun that night!"

Alpha snorted, "Yeah, lots of fun scaring us almost to death."

"And it was so hilarious!"

Delta smirked, "I lived in the tower too!"

Alpha smirked, "Yes, caught both of them at that tower. Charlie was caught thanks with Bravo's help and for Echo we happened to go to Johto to take on some gyms and came across this cave that all these weird ice puzzles. We caught her with little to no problem. She was kinda weak already."

Foxtrot stepped up, "I suppose that leaves my tale the last to be reiterated. I was but a humble and less enlightened Sableye living in a cave that happened to be used as a shelter for them one day. Of course, in my primitive mind, I used that opportunity to delight in my various antics. But, now thanks to my trainer, I have gained an immense understanding in the appropriate actions a ghost of my caliber should undertake in, not what I want to undertake in."

Bravo crossed her arms, "And that's why you're a traitor to all ghost kind! Let me ask you this, what ghost uses words like caliber or immense? Jack got you to change, but he won't ever get me!"

Alpha nodded, "Yes, of course Bravo. You keep thinking that. So what are your origins friends?" He asked the other assembled pokemon.

Unlike the friendly atmosphere taking place with Alpha, Charlie and Echo were just sitting near each other, not bothering to talk to each other. Echo knew Charlie would just ignore her, but still, he was really the only protection she had. She was gravely mistaken when she noticed Mello moving toward her, "Hi." While she may have been trying to be friendly it gave a different meaning to Echo.

The Sneasel froze and spoke in a stammer, "Ch-Ch-Charlie, ge-get he-her aw-way. Pl-Please!" Echo was shaking but the Kadabra looked at Mello and smirked, "Ah, a Meloeetta. A pokemon who can achieve the higher form of a psychic type. Please, sit and meditate with me. It has been some time since I have had the courtesy of speaking with another psychic." Echo's eyes bulged, "Cha-Charlie, please. Se-send her a-away."

The Kadabra completely ignored the Sneasel. Whimpering, Echo moved to a tree and sat with her back against it, taking in deep breaths to calm her nerves.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 2: Unite

黒心 キバ
Unite

Kiba smiled softly. "A Ranger? No, no..." He smiled, almost amused at how curious people seemed to react every time he told them this. "I don't really capture them at all... More accurately, I simply make friends. There is a method however. Perhaps I could train either of you, or at the very least show you how I do it. I prefer not to manipulate pokemon, nor do I enjoy capturing them." He watched his pokemon conversing with the others, then turned back to the boys. "As for pokemon centers... I only use them if they're nearby, or if my friends can walk to one. Otherwise, I can make all sorts of herbs, medicines, and materials from plants I find nearby. My friends know that it doesn't taste very good, but they understand the necessity for it, and it doesn't make them like me any less. If anything, they appreciate that I care so much about them. The best part is, most of these medicines can work on humans as well."

Flare bowed respectfully to the other trainer's pokemon. They all seemed to have backstories of their own. He decided he might as well summarize his time with Kiba, as well as Mello's, since she seemed so be busy with other pokemon. "Well... I was Kiba's first friend... He left his home and ran into me but he just..." He seemed to be looking for words to explain. "He just had this way with pokemon... He could earn their trust more than any other human I'd ever met, and from my experience, he actually deserves that trust. Anyways, he came from a small town in Kanto, called Lavender Town."

He looked to the two pranksters. "Speaking of which, you two said you were caught near a tower... Would that be Lavender Town's Pokemon Tower? Anyways, He and I traveled to many places, and we've seen and learned lots of things, and along the way, we found Mello as an abandoned newborn in Nimbasa city. She had been scratched and scraped as well... She must have been abused by whoever had her previously. She was too young to remember that... It was quite some time ago..." He glanced over at her, and then looked to the group. "There... Was one other..." His deep amber eyes were filled with pain as he went on. "Her name was Spirit... She was a beautiful Froslass, and very kind, but she had passed away..." Flare had lowered his head. It seemed like he was done speaking on the subject.

Mello had cocked her head to one side, confused by the Sneasel's reaction to her. "I-I'm sorry," she studdered shyly. Her soft purple eyes looked hurt by such a negative response. She just sat there, facing Echo, head lowered sadly. She had stayed there with her head down. She seemed too distracted to even notice the Kadabra's comment. After a few moments of silence, her head still down, she bagan to softly sing, a sad-sounding tune, not one to put others to sleep; a simple song to express her emotions. Mello's voice had a honey-sweet tone to it, and her soft singing could only be heard by Echo, maybe Charlie, and the other pokemon if they had payed attention.

Kiba lifted his head. "Mello...?" His voice was almost a whisper, and he looked to the direction of the song. He shushed the two boys and whispered, "listen..."

Years
Shadoan lifted his head and ears, listening to Mello's song as she sang. Enticed by the song, his eyelids were growing heavy until he fell over in his sleeping bag, fast asleep. Light glanced over at Shadoan and sighed. "Shadoan fell asleep again by song." Avaith looked over in the same direction of Shadoan and Mello as he smirked. "Let him rest, he does enough during the day anyway." Jev had jumped down from the tree of sap and walks by Shadoan to the rest of the group. "...I guess we never said how we were caught.... We'll be free to talk tommorrow if your trainer walks with us, we'll be able to talk then... As late as it is, we should get some rest."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack nodded his head as he listened to Kiba, "Yeah, if it something that could be taught I would love to..." It was then that he heard Echo cry out. Looking back he saw Mello near the sneasel. "Crud." He said as he called out to Alpha, "Alpha, you know what to do!"

Bravo had also seen Mello at the same time as her trainer. "Crud." she said at the same time as Jack, "Alpha, stop her before it happens again!."

Alpha immediately grew alert as both Bravo and Jack shouted at him. The Hypno wasted no time to in heading to the two, but as he headed there Mello began to sing. Alpha stopped and for a few seconds was held spell bound by the song. The others also stopped and listened. Alpha however managed to shake off the song and got to Mello and grabbed her by the arm, "Excuse me, Mello. I'm not trying to be rude but Echo doesn't take well to strangers. She'll claw you're face off if you get to close, so let's walk back slowly-"

"That was good." It took Alpha a second to register where the voice had come from and stared open mouthed at the sneasel. Echo still looked down at the ground but she didn't look to be as nervous as before.

"W-what?" Alpha could only ask. Echo spoke softly again, "I said that was good." Alpha stood there, dumbstruck, before he released his grip on Mello. Alpha slowly walked back to the others who quickly crowded him, all of them asking questions. "She spoke. Echo spoke." he murmured.

The others fell silent, they didn't even hear Jev's statement, and before they could continue the conversation red beams shot out and drew them back into their pokeballs. "Alright guys, time for bed." Jack said. He went up to Echo and prepared her ball as the sneasel spoke again, "It was nice." she murmured before she too had disappeared. "Well, since Shadoan is already out I'll be joining him. We already sprayed the area with a repel so we should be good for the night. See you in the morning Kiba." With that Jack got into his sleeping bag and fell asleep.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 2: Unite

黒心 キバ
Unite

"Let go, you yellow monster!!" cried out Mello, who was about to change into her Pirouette form and resist, but stopped as she was released, and she too stood eyes wide at Echo's comment. She stood there, dumbstruck, as the other pokemon disappeared into their pokeballs, and finally Echo, who had once again complimented her song. "I-I..." she muttered, in far too much surprise to speak much more. She seemed so terrified... And she must have always been that way, considering how the others reacted... But then...

Flare had padded up to her, and gently nudged her arm with his muzzle, nearly making her jump out of her thoughts. "It's getting late," came his deep voice, a tinge of pain still hidden within it, "We should rest. Come on, the three of us can sleep together..." She simply noddded quietly an followed him.

"H-hey, Flare...?" Her voice raised slightly in questioning.

"Yeah?"

"You miss Spirit, don't you...?"

"... Yes. Very much so."

"Me too..."

"..."

"Did you notice the scent of the egg?"

"... You noticed as well?"

"Yeah, do you think it's-"

"I don't know," he had cut her off rather quickly, "We'll know when it hatches."

Mello nodded quietly. Kiba had sat down in the grass, and layed down in it. No sleeping bag, he was sleeping in the grass. Mello looked over at the other two humans, who had something they were sleeping in. "Do you think normal humans all sleep in those things...?" Flare nodded, letting out a large yawn and laying beside Kiba. Mello snuggled herself between the two, watching the egg. Kiba was holding it carefully even as he slept. "Hey Flare...?"

Flare rolled his eyes, then closed them. "You ask too many questions, what is it now?"

Ignoring the comment, she continued, "Do you think We'll ever see Kari again?"

"... Why do you ask?"

"She was really nice, and she gave us the egg, and she made the best berry juice..."

"I know we will. Kiba and Kari are close friends, and with tht last comment she had made, she'll expect us to return, after we've done everything here, and the egg is hatched."

"Hm..... Flare...?"

"You need to sleep Mello...!" He was getting slightly annoyed at this point.

"Last question tonight, I promise..."

"... Fine, what is it?"

"Do you think those other boys' pokemon will be our friends?"

There was a long silent pause, with the only sound being the fire crackling. "..... I'm not sure I have, but I have a feeling you did make one."

Years
@ Any New arrivals to Lethia!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
As a crowd of trainers, in the tournament gather around the towns center, the old sea captain stands upon an old soap box, preparing to give the daily speech on the rules to the tournament. When the trainers gather he shouts aloud. "For the trainers who have come to this years tournament; the Earth and Sky: Battle Royale, I will now address you with the rules and warnings!... Rule one, do not conduct your survival battles in this town for any purpose. Those caught fighting will be disqualified from Earth and Sky for life and their badge components will be distributed amongst other trainers at random all over the world. For those leaving Lethia to conduct survival battles in jhoto, unova, where ever you go, this rule applies to every town out there in those regions as well. We have agents and eyes where we need them, so don't think you won't get caught... Rule two, you will not kill another trainer and his or her Pokemon for the sake of obtaining the completion of your badge, the current elites are watching this island for such behavior and dispose of any culprit who attempts to do so to the authorities... Rule three, attempting to steal badge pieces from your opponents is not entirely acceptable, we will not stop you from such thefts, but be aware that you will not grow from the experience. This league is setup for survival and to become stronger while attempting to fight for the one wish to be granted, if you do not fight for your badges; then you will not survive your first rounds when you arrive to the finals... Rule four is to survive out there anyway possible. Lethia is filled with pokemon who are very territorial, so proceed lightly at risk. If you lack knowledge of what to eat or what to find, the poke mart here sells survival guide books based on Lethia. That book is also the only item the vendors should give to you freely if you visit them... Last minute notes before you leave out into the world. Your cellphones, pokegears, radios and other devices are usable out here until 8 o' clock when the radio tower closes down for the night, if you have family you want to call or want the time to relax, do it before then. GPS systems are useless here in Lethia, the mountain environment in the region are magnetized to throw those machines signals to satellites off course so you will need a physical map which you can get from me or the mart here in town. The only reason your radios and other machines will work is because of the radio tower here that connects to the world out there, so don't monkey around when using anything that deals with the tower... Finally, your league badge is composed of 15 components. If you lose all your pieces, you can buy more from the vendors or you can leave the tournament and re-enter next year. If you can't handle the pressure, sell or give your components to another trainer. If you have human friends in the tournament, join up with them in an alliance or team if able, the more of you together, the better chances you have to live, just be aware that when you make it to the final rounds that you will be fighting one another. Don't let that fight break you apart, for that they may be the only people you hold dear to yourself along with your pokemon, stay strong together if you can. My final words are that I pray for your safety and that each of you may make it to the finals alive. Your league badges will point the way to the finals as soon as you complete them."

Finally, the old captain digs through his coat to pull out the conference forms. "If you have plans to go to the finals in the spring, I have forms to sign up for that conference. When you complete your badge, just show up at the location it gives you when the season ends. Ill promote Summer forms at the end of spring and Fall forms at the end of summer! Remember the tournament ends on the first day of winter, so good luck and GOOD HUNTING!"
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

As Shadoan wakes up to the morning dew, he looks over his head to spot a small family of Kakuna, weedle, and beedrill in the trees adjacent to them. Jev, already awake was looking around as he wakes up Stella and Light. Shadoan pokes Avaith to wake up as Ulla returns from flying over the forest. "Have you been scouting the area since you've woke up Ulla?" She nods her head. "I guess the repel is wearing off, found a path out of their territory?" Ulla nods her head again as she points out north east. Shadoan returns Jev, Light and Stella to their bals, keeping Avaith and Ulla out. He then walks over to nudge Kiba and Jack awake.

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
Tsuki no megami

The next day, Tsuki woke up and looked out of her window. A large amount of trainers were gathering outside. "Now what is THIS all about?" She got dressed, put on her necklace, grabbed her pokeballs, and went outside.

Tsuki soon found out what this was about. An old man was standing on a soap box. "Old men speak, old men talk like mad." The aura girl walked over and listened when he said:

"For the trainers who have come to this years tournament; the Earth and Sky: Battle Royale, I will now address you with the rules and warnings!... Rule one, do not conduct your survival battles in this town for any purpose. Those caught fighting will be disqualified from Earth and Sky for life and their badge components will be distributed amongst other trainers at random all over the world. For those leaving Lethia to conduct survival battles in jhoto, unova, where ever you go, this rule applies to every town out there in those regions as well. We have agents and eyes where we need them, so don't think you won't get caught... Rule two, you will not kill another trainer and his or her Pokemon for the sake of obtaining the completion of your badge, the current elites are watching this island for such behavior and dispose of any culprit who attempts to do so to the authorities... Rule three, attempting to steal badge pieces from your opponents is not entirely acceptable, we will not stop you from such thefts, but be aware that you will not grow from the experience. This league is setup for survival and to become stronger while attempting to fight for the one wish to be granted, if you do not fight for your badges; then you will not survive your first rounds when you arrive to the finals... Rule four is to survive out there anyway possible. Lethia is filled with pokemon who are very territorial, so proceed lightly at risk. If you lack knowledge of what to eat or what to find, the poke mart here sells survival guide books based on Lethia. That book is also the only item the vendors should give to you freely if you visit them... Last minute notes before you leave out into the world. Your cellphones, pokegears, radios and other devices are usable out here until 8 o' clock when the radio tower closes down for the night, if you have family you want to call or want the time to relax, do it before then. GPS systems are useless here in Lethia, the mountain environment in the region are magnetized to throw those machines signals to satellites off course so you will need a physical map which you can get from me or the mart here in town. The only reason your radios and other machines will work is because of the radio tower here that connects to the world out there, so don't monkey around when using anything that deals with the tower... Finally, your league badge is composed of 15 components. If you lose all your pieces, you can buy more from the vendors or you can leave the tournament and re-enter next year. If you can't handle the pressure, sell or give your components to another trainer. If you have human friends in the tournament, join up with them in an alliance or team if able, the more of you together, the better chances you have to live, just be aware that when you make it to the final rounds that you will be fighting one another. Don't let that fight break you apart, for that they may be the only people you hold dear to yourself along with your pokemon, stay strong together if you can. My final words are that I pray for your safety and that each of you may make it to the finals alive. Your league badges will point the way to the finals as soon as you complete them."

Then, Tsuki watched as the old man pulled out some pieces of paper and added "If you have plans to go to the finals in the spring, I have forms to sign up for that conference. When you complete your badge, just show up at the location it gives you when the season ends. Ill promote Summer forms at the end of spring and Fall forms at the end of summer! Remember the tournament ends on the first day of winter, so good luck and GOOD HUNTING!"

Tsuki smiled, and ran up with some other trainers. "Eh, girl. Yeh wanna take part in the spring conference?" She nodded and smiled. The old man nodded, then handed her a paper. "Just sign in all of them areas on this paper, and yer good ta go!" Tsuki thanked him, then started filling in the paper right away.

Once done, she handed it back. "Yer in, girl! Good luck!" Tsuki beamed. Then, she ran off out of the crowd of trainers, and when she was sure nobody saw her, Tsuki sent out Suta and flew away.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 3: A New Day

黒心 キバ
A New Day

Kiba could feel one of the boys approaching, and just before the boy could reach him, he stood upright, Egg still in his arms. He checked the egg, muttering, "It shook again," and examining the egg; a small crack had formed on the top of it. He looked up, and turned to the others. "Ohayo Gozaimasu, good morning."

Flare had already been awake, keeping watch over the group, since the repel had faded overnight. It had a grotesque stink to it; he hoped they wouldn't be using it regularly. He nudged Mello up, and she sat up, dazed and half-asleep. A few moments there, and she woke up, scanning around to see if the other Pokemon were out; primarily Echo.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis

Jack groaned as Shadoan nudged him, "I'm up! I'm up!" Jack crawled out of sleeping bag and yawned. Looking around, Jack noticed the various bug pokemon that had taken up residence around the trees near them. Kiba was already as was his pokemon and Shadoan's as well. Jack rolled his sleeping bag up into his backpack and released Charlie, Alpha, and Echo from their pokeballs. The Kadabra stretched as he appeared on the grass, the Hypno yawned, having apparently fallen asleep in the ball, and the Sneasel looked around before she raced to a tree and sat down against the trunk.

Ohayo Gozaimasu, good morning." He heard Kiba say. "Yeah, good morning to you to Kiba." Jack replied. He turned to the Kadabra, "Today you're going to be more social. I know last night was spontaneous but you need to learn how to interact. Alpha make sure he interacts." The Hypno eagerly nodded. Jack called out to Echo, "You're getting some walking today, okay? Also, we're going to practice those deep breathing exercises."

Jack finished getting all his supplies together and looked at the egg Kiba held, "Well, if it keeps moving then it's got to be close to hatching. How long have you had that egg anyway?"

Alpha smirked, "Alright Charlie, let's go socialize."

Charlie glared at him, "How about you go talk and I interact with who I want to."

Alpha shook his head, "Nope. I'm in charge so come on, besides it'll be over faster if you do it now rather than later."

Alpha headed toward Flare and Mello with Charlie following behind. "Hello you two, hope you both slept well! Um, Mello, forgive me for last night. I didn't know you required personal space, but Echo is very dangerous. She may not have shown it last night, but she done some... unsavory acts in the past."

"Like ripping off that poor little Pichu's face."

Alpha narrowed his eyes at the Kadabra, "Charlie! Now is not the time!"

Charlie grinned and raised his voice for all the pokemon to hear, "Oh, I say it is Alpha. Don't you remember the screams? The way the Pichu sobbed? How the child spent a good two weeks in the hospital and had to get a good thirty stitches? Of course there was also Foxtrot. The little ghost didn't listen to us and tried to be her friend. Ended up having every single attack thrown at him and landed in the ICU for a good three days. The doctors even said he would have a ten percent chance of surviving. Oh and that one death... yes Alpha, let's make sure they know nothing about the little sneasel and treat the creature as something that can be tamed." He then turned to Mello and Flare, "In truth, it is broken. It is only a shell of the pokemon it once was and will always be a shell. It only survives on instincts alone and even though Jack has a little bit of control over it's actions there is always the chance it will kill anything it has laid it's eyes ."

"Echo is a she Charlie, not an it." Alpha said in a flat tone.

"Of course it is. There I socialized, happy?" Charlie walked over to a tree and sat down. Alpha turned back to Mello, "Just... Just be careful around her. I know that it's a hard concept to undertand, but please, we can't deal with another incident. Jack hasn't given up yet, but I am afraid that he is close to releasing her if anything else happens. She's worked so hard to get in his good graces and just one more slip up could very well break all that trust they've worked on."

During all of the talking Echo simply sat at the tree, taking in deep breaths like she had practiced with Jack. If she didn't interact with anyone, then the odds were slim they would come up and try to interact with her.

Last edited:

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
"Wake up Hoenn trainer!" Mr. Briney yelled, shocking Kyleia awake, "We got here during the night, and I decided to sleep as well. Now, it's morning and you should get along now." Kyleia hopped onto the deck and watched as Mr. Briney prepared to leave. "Here," Mr. Briney said, tossing a loaf of bread to Kyleia, "Eat something." Then, he left and Kyleia waved goodbye. She walked to the town, taking a bite out of the bread every so often.

As she approaches the town, she hears a voice yelling out, "...with the rules and warnings!" Rules and warnings, Kyleia thought, This is important! She started to run to the town. "... Rule one, do not conduct your survival battles in this town for any purpose. Those caught fighting will be disqualified from Earth and Sky for life and their badge components will be distributed amongst other trainers at random all over the world. For those leaving Lethia to conduct survival battles in jhoto, unova, where ever you go, this rule applies to every town out there in those regions as well. We have agents and eyes where we need them, so don't think you won't get caught... Rule two, you will not kill another trainer and his or her Pokemon for the sake of obtaining the completion of your badge, the current elites are watching this island for such behavior and dispose of any culprit who attempts to do so to the authorities... Rule three, attempting to steal badge pieces from your opponents is not entirely acceptable, we will not stop you from such thefts, but be aware that you will not grow from the experience. This league is setup for survival and to become stronger while attempting to fight for the one wish to be granted, if you do not fight for your badges; then you will not survive your first rounds when you arrive to the finals... Rule four is to survive out there anyway possible. Lethia is filled with pokemon who are very territorial, so proceed lightly at risk. If you lack knowledge of what to eat or what to find, the poke mart here sells survival guide books based on Lethia. That book is also the only item the vendors should give to you freely if you visit them... Last minute notes before you leave out into the world. Your cellphones, pokegears, radios and other devices are usable out here until 8 o' clock when the radio tower closes down for the night, if you have family you want to call or want the time to relax, do it before then. GPS systems are useless here in Lethia, the mountain environment in the region are magnetized to throw those machines signals to satellites off course so you will need a physical map which you can get from me or the mart here in town. The only reason your radios and other machines will work is because of the radio tower here that connects to the world out there, so don't monkey around when using anything that deals with the tower... Finally, your league badge is composed of 15 components. If you lose all your pieces, you can buy more from the vendors or you can leave the tournament and re-enter next year. If you can't handle the pressure, sell or give your components to another trainer. If you have human friends in the tournament, join up with them in an alliance or team if able, the more of you together, the better chances you have to live, just be aware that when you make it to the final rounds that you will be fighting one another. Don't let that fight break you apart, for that they may be the only people you hold dear to yourself along with your pokemon, stay strong together if you can. My final words are that I pray for your safety and that each of you may make it to the finals alive. Your league badges will point the way to the finals as soon as you complete them."

All Kyleia remembered was to not fight in towns and to not lose your badge pieces. Then he said something about the spring conferences and she tuned out. Whatever, she thought and walked into the Pokemon Center. She looked around the building and decided to lounge there for a while to figure out what she should do. She decided to use her Pokenav, but then she remembered that the man also said something about using electrical devices. "Stupid rules," she muttered, but didn't access her Pokenav just in case.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 3: A New Day

黒心 キバ
A New Day

Kiba spoke up. "I got this egg before I left Iron Island, Sinnoh. And I came here, so... It's been about two weeks or so." He watched as after a long pause it shook one time more. "My guess is it will hatch in the following few days..."

Mello was clearly annoyed with the treatment of Echo, and the cruel Kadabra himself. She called out at him. Time to make him think, she thought to herself. "Well, Charlie, I do remember that you are into the superiority of psychic types, right? You even praised me for being half-psychic. But, what if I sang a Relic Song? Then I would turn from half-psychic to half-fighting... But I would be the same person, yes?" She gave him a distinct glare; quite an unsettling glare, considering the Meloetta's natural beauty and grace. This was not the type of pokemon to hate anything, but she seemed pretty close.

She seemed to walk right past the Hypno as she spoke to both Alpha and Charlie. "Look, there's no such thing as a shell of a pokemon. And calling a girl an it is a terrible thing. You should be ashamed!" She had walked right up to Echo, sitting knowingly within Sneasel's attacking distance. Mello wasn't afraid. This time she spoke to all three of them, but primarily directed it at Echo. "Look, there's a lot of cruel and ignorant people out there," with a small glare toward Charile, "some people are too self-righteous and self-absorbed to realize that all pokemon are equal. We all have our ups and downs. And while you probably don't see me as a friend, I would like to see you as one..."

Flare noticed Mello unreasonably close to the out-of her-mind Sneasel. Be careful Mello...

Mello hugged her legs to her chest. "I was too young to remember but... Flare says when he and Kiba found me, I was beaten and battered, and then abandoned... And I was only a baby... I struggled against him and didn't trust him, but... I thought he would attack or kill me... Instead, he had taken a bunch of leaves and used them to heal my wounds... And even after that he raised me... That's how I ended up with Flare and Kiba-san... It taught me that, while there are lot of bad bad people..." Mello looked into Echo's eyes, her own bright and shining pale orchid purple. "There are a few that deserve trust..." She was unsure of if she had the whole story right, so she looked to Flare, who nodded in confirmation; he kept his distance, less out of defense, because he could easily hold his own against a Sneasel, but he did out for Echo's sake.

Years
Avaith walks over and nudges Mello to get up. "You have good friends Mello, but we should get going. The insects will wake up soon and we'll be having problems..." Ulla comes by and lands overtop of Shadoan's head pointing out west. "Ulla says that there's a clear path this way, we should move before we have a fight on our hands."

As the group heads out west, Avaith looks back at Mello and asks. "So....You sing often?" Ulla perches herself on Avaiths head. "I don't think now will be a good time to talk to her until we can stop and rest."

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Julia -- Kanto​

Julia was in a good mood. You see, she had found and was currently in battle with one of the recruiters for the Earth and Sky League. Not only that, she was winning. Four of the man's six pokemon lay frozen on the sidelines. One lay fainted. A powerful hailstorm roared overhead. This was not uncommon, at least not for her. Rocky, Julia's Machoke she'd received from Madeleine, was in the face of the man's last pokemon, a Raichu. He had just thrown a Dynamic Punch. The Raichu dodged, but this proved useless, as though the first punch technically missed, it was immediately struck with Rocky's second-hand, sending it stumbling backwards in a clumsy, confused manner. Julia saw her chance to take advantage of the situation.

"Rocky, combo it with stone edge!"

Rocky summoned his strength, and as the Raichu regained its balance it was abruptly struck by a handful of jagged rocky spires exploding out of the ground, sending it flying into the air and crashing back to the ground nearby where it did not get up. To say the least, her opponent was shocked. Julia's strategy had been devastating and undiscriminating in whom it had decimated. How she had managed to freeze so many pokemon was a mystery. It had to have been secret power, somehow. Regardless... fair was fair.

And that was how Julia earned her force Lethia badge-piece.

Julia -- Lethia​

...Julia was a bit distraught. You see, she had wandered around for quite a bit before realizing that what she needed was not in fact conveniently located in the local town, and after trying to gather some sort of hint as to where the merchants were currently residing she was left searching for them. Luckily enough, it didn't take that long, as it turned out a significant amount of people made it their business to know this sort of thing. Moving into the encampment Julia moved to open her bag and move through the contents of said bag, checking over her supplies. She had some food, some flavored water, and some pokemon medicine. Basic stuff any trainer needed. Looking over the stuff the merchants had for sale he was glad she hadn't come empty-handed too. 800 yen pokedollars for a single standard pokeball?! She could feed herself for several days with that money! It wasn't really breaking the bank, but still! She didn't have enough money to go around spending that much on unnecessaries. On the other hand, she /needed/ medicine... Looking over what she'd brought, it was enough for a while, but she found reason to doubt that it was enough for the entire tournament; she didn't have to use medicine all that often normally. If things went horribly wrong, her supply wouldn't last long.

Julia silently debated whether to spend what money she had on more medicine. Ultimately she was torn, so she looked around some more and overheard someone talking about jobs... /Jobs/? She was 14! She didn't want a /job/! Julia eventually became aware of a stack of forms for the spring tournament. She looked around for forms for the other seasons but couldn't find any. This was frustrating to her. She wound up assuming they must only give out the forms one at a time for each cup.

Julia was repeatedly frustrated by the island and continued to look around, trying to figure out how she was supposed to prepare. It was then that she happened to move over and ask about the jobs available, more out of curiosity than anything else...

• Starter Pokemon: A professor in New Bark town is looking for 3 wild pokemon to give to new trainers preparing for their journey. He requires a Fire, Water and Grass type Pokemon. [Reward: 10000 x each one caught]
  • I need materials: I require materials that Pokemon produce in order to create various survival items. I need some silk webbing from a Spinarak, discarded baby pokemon egg shells and any empty Metapod cocoons, nothing alive in them. [Reward:2 badge components]
  • Bounty: To any trainers, if you come across any other groups belonging to team rocket and defeat them, return with their hats or an article of clothing. The security will pay for each item turned in from money to badge pieces. [Reward: 100 - 1 badge piece]
  • Giving Up: I have a fully assembled badge but I am planning to quit the tournament. I have recently had the chance to try a one on one battle with the sea captain at the hotel and was completely destroyed. I have also had a chance to fight some of the trainers on the island, but even then they don't compare to the old man. Before I leave, I am looking for a red tattered photo album I lost in the mountains, I need someone to find it. [Reward: 15 badge components COMPLETE BADGE]
  • Photography: We are looking for a trainer in green, riding a Meganium. Do not approach him, we simply need pictures of any pokemon he has in his possession.[Reward:67000, 3 badge components]
  • PROTECT ME!: I'm currently located near the hotel and am looking for an escort to the mountain. I think I'm being followed and want some protection.[Reward: 1 badge component]
  • Mountain Herbs: I need some herbs in the mountain region to create some home brewed potions. Will be willing to pay for each herb brought to me.[Reward:500 x per herb]

At first she was just further frustrated by the notion of working, that is until the word badge caught her eye. Wait, these jobs gave out /badge pieces/? Julia's eyes widened a bit at this realization, some sort of joy overtaking her frustration. That was awesome! Looking through the list, most of them only gave a couple of pieces, and some only gave money, though they gave quite a pretty penny. One of the jobs was crossed out. Only one person could take the job, it seemed. One job caught her eye in particular. It offered an /entire badge/. Julia's eyes lit up, thoughts of extreme wealth swimming through her head. All she had to do was find a photo album in the mountains? She had pokemon to help her! The notion that a job could be a trick was completely lost on her. Why would someone ever want to trick /her/? It didn't occur to her that an entire badge was a lot for this person to offer for a job that supposedly didn't seem so hard.

"Um..."

She tried to get the attention of the man who appeared, at least to her, to be handling jobs.

"Mister, I'd like to take this job..."

She pointed to 'Giving Up' as she said this.

"The one to find a photo album in the mountains..."

She was actually slightly shy in addressing the man, as she wasn't completely used to being... well... /alone/.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack nodded, "Iron Island huh? I suppose then it's going to be a steel type then."

As Mello spoke to Charlie the Kadabra just chuckled as Mello began to rant. "So, you are like Alpha then. Figures, the only other psychic I meet and she is nothing like a psychic. It must be your inferior blood." Charlie fell into his meditative state and tuned out Melllo. If she was an idiot like Alpha, then it would be a waste of his time to bother listening to her or trying to counter her arguments.

Meanwhile Alpha watched with apprehension as Mello continued speaking. He had just set up a extremely tense situation and something that had simply started out friendly had now dwindled to arguing on a very dangerous subject. Part of Alpha wanted to do something to calm down Mello, but he didn't know how to exactly. If he did say something wrong then all he would do was make the situation even worse. He then saw her moving directly toward Echo and Alpha closed his eyes, he couldn't watch. Charlie looked up and chuckled, this was going to be good.

Echo had been busy continuing her deep breathing when she heard Charlie give his speech. She simply covered her ears and just breathed. She had lowered her hands and noticed that Mello was approaching her. Echo closed her eyes and took in deep ragged breaths. Still, Mello came and began to talk to her. Echo looked away, continuing her deep breathing, but it was getting harder to concentrate. Echo heard her words, but as Mello continued to talk she reached the point where she began to talk about her origins. Mello was almost... like her. No! She hadn't been hurt as bad as she had been and Mello couldn't remember why she had been abandoned. Echo remembered each and every second of her ordeal. Echo closed her eyes and whispered softly to herself, "Go away, go away, go away..."

Jack got up with the others as Shadoan told them they were to start going. Jack nodded, "Come on Echo." The Sneasel didn't hesitate in running right to her trainer and grabbing onto his neck. Jack chuckled, "Echo, watch the claws. So, where do would we find a grass type around here?" Echo clutched Jack's neck and took in deep breaths as they walked with the others. All she had to do was keep quiet and she would be left alone.

Last edited:
Years
@Julia - PkMn Trainer Yellow
The job recruiter turned to face Julia and looked over the job statement. "Alright, the giving up job. One minute." The man checked the time to see if the radio tower was still operational and made a phone call. "You have a trainer who is willing to accept your request... How long do you plan to stay in Lethia?... Uh-huh.... Alright, I'll fill her on the details." The man puts his cell away and digs out a small stapled document. "The photo album the trainer is looking for contains photos of rare and legendary pokemon given to him by his father. However, while in the mountains in the week before, a Sneasel dug through his things while bathing in the hot springs and made off with it. He tracked the pokemon down into the caves where the fire types are located, but couldn't enter due to his body's condition. If you can recover the album from the pokemon's nest and bring it back to a job booth like mine before friday, 4 days from now. The client will pay you the reward." He chuckles a bit smiling. "All the work we accept is pre-paid, all you have to do is find the album... If this were a scam, trust me, The leagues officials won't be too happy for it..." He hands her the packet of papers containing the details to the job and sent her on her way.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
@ My Group - The one Im with.

Avaith looked back at charlie, glaring before he sighs as he kept trying to comfort Mello. "Let me ask... Ulla, Seen any grass types while scouting the area?" She nodded her head as she pointed a bit east off into the woods. "How many KM?" She responded quietly "Win. Win. Wingull" He sighs for a minute turning to Jack "Through the bugs, 1.5 km in that direction. Theres probably 2 or 3 grass types huddling together, if were careful, we might be able to catch one without fighting. Providing if they're still asleep." Avaith looks back once more at Mello and drops back a bit to alpha's pace "Is Charlie always this much of a.... Well, a jackass with a superiority complex? Concerning what has happened today."

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Julia​

Julia listened intently to what the man had to say, clearly interested. When he commented on the legitimacy of the job she blanked briefly, having never considered it. She took this in stride however, not thinking anything of him mentioning it. Taking the packet of papers Julia looked the outside of it over briefly before turning her attention to the man who'd given it to her.

"Thank you..!"

She was all smiles, excited at the prospect of her reward. Moving away a bit she opened up and began reading the contents of the packet she had been given. She wouldn't even have to do a great deal of searching! Getting there might not be the easiest, but she was sure she could handle it. Her pokemon wouldn't let her down, and of this she was confident. Some sort of bond existed between them, the bond of a friendship transcending that of a trainer and their pokemon to a trainer and their /friends/.

After reading the packet for a bit Julia summoned her bravery and set out for the mountains, intent on completing her task.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack grinned, "Alright then! Looks like we are in business. We just need to make sure that we sneak up on them. Don't want them getting skiddish and if they are asleep that will make the capture rate much higher."

As soon as Avaith asked the question Alpha burst out laughing, "That is a good one!" As soon as the Hypno's laughter died down he wiped the tears from his eyes and coughed, "Yes, he is. What you just saw wasn't as bad as he can get. He will refuse to acknowledge you if you aren't psychic, he will always go on about how psychics are the superior type and will rant about it to you for a good hour if you are psychic, and he will never accept help in a double battle unless his partner is also a psychic. He can battle alongside the others but he will never do things as a team. So, yes, he is always in jacka** mode."

Charlie was walking right behind Jack, ignoring everyone else. One couldn't tell it by his expression but his thoughts were being formed from pure rage. He couldn't understand why Mello was just like Alpha. Fine, if she didn't want to spend time meditating with him then he would just ignore her too! In fact, he would ignore all of them! He didn't need to prove anything to them! He was psychic and a day would come where they were going to need his help, and he was going to laugh at them and walk away. That would be the day.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 4: Mello's Lament

黒心 キバ
Mello's Lament

"Wh-why--" Mello stared wide-eyed as the Sneasel had fled to one of the trainers. "W-w....." She lowered her head. Damn it, I'm not going to cry...! Tears had formed under her eyes but she prevented anything more from forming. Why won't she be my friend...? Mello had stayed in place, her head down, and began to sing once more. A very sad melody, and its depressing sounds seemed to play a beautiful song. She had begun to follow the others, but she was in the very back of the group, distancing herself from the others as she kept to her song.

Meanwhile, Flare was following near the Kadabra, listening to everything the group had said. "Uptight prick," he muttered under his breath, slowing his pace until he was alongside the Hypno, Alpha. "Hey, do you think that Kadabra might realize how stupid he sounds if one of us took him down in battle? Because I'm willing to volunteer..." He paused and sighed closing his eyes. "Oh no... Mello's Lament..."

Kiba had followed the others, all the while keeping note of where every pokemon had been moving in their group. At the first note of the song, Kiba instantly paused. "Mello is sad... After interacting with your Sneasel." He could feel her sadness from the song, and it even made him feel a little down, but he kept it to himself. He glanced at Echo, who was clinging to the boy's neck in a strange manner. He thought of saying something, but decided against it, and just walked with the group.

Mello had continued her song and finished it with a final, spine-tingling note. When she opened her eyes, and lifted her head, she noticed Flare, who seemed to have been effected by the song. She sighed silently to herself, now feeling a bit guilty. I can't help but sing that song when I'm really sad... But I know what it does to others... The tears from earlier dripped down from her eyes. She silently watched the grassy floor while they walked. It seemed like she was still going to isolate herself from everyone.

Years
Ulla flew over to perch herself to Avaith's head and looked back and forth between Mello and Echo. "Shouldn't we be doing something about those 2?" Avaith sighs taking up little notice. "I have already tried comforting her, but Mello is having a hard time mellowing out. More over, we have another problem to deal with." He looks over Jack's team and sighs. "Out of this alliance, Jack's team seems trustworthy, except Charlie. If he plans to be like this like Alpha claims, then we just have 2 Jev's, our Jev and the more self centered Jev... In either case, survival isn't going to be as easy as first thought, we'll need to get Shadoan to plan ahead in case Charlie decides to let his ego disrupt his judgement..." Avaith drops his pace back to get behind mellow, scooped her up to ride onto his back and pick up the pace, bringing her to the rest of the group. He smiles a bit as he speaks to Mello. "Welcome aboard the Quilava express, next stop, your friends." He brings Mello up to Flare, walking beside him with mello saddled over his back as Ulla returns to Shadoan's shoulder.

"Wingull!" Shadoan smiles a bit, squeezing past a sleeping weedle. "Were almost there guys." The group stops as the reach a small clearing to find... "What the-" the grass pokemon Ulla had spotted, severely damaged. The clearing contained a few oddish trying to recover from wounds, Turtwigs still moaning from battle damage to their shells and Bellsprouts flopping all over the grass ground. Upon further inspecting the area, the wood seems to have been cut barely as if someone had used a whip while the ground seems to have been planted by several unopened leech seeds. "I guess we won't need to battle for the grass types at all.....but.....what on earth?" As shadoan was trying to process the information, a green pikachu wearing a red ribbon on its arm rushed into the clearing, looking about before it spoke in english. "BLAST! I lost him..." The pikachu then glanced over at the group and spoke to them. "HEY! YOU THREE! SEEN A TRAINER RIDING A MEGANIUM? HE'S WEARING A GREEN JACKET! I KNOW YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME, SPEAK UP!" The pikachu sat there impatiently for a while checking the scene of the field. "....Aw #%@&, more casualties... If he keeps this up, there's going to be a lot of trouble come summer."

Back