• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who still has theirs?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Nope, I don't have my Silver anymore :( I let a friend borrow it, since it was one of the games he'd never tried, and I wouldn't deny him the opportunity to try it, even though he'd probably seen me play it like a million times, since Pokemon was all the craze back then. I still had the other 3 generations to play in, so I didn't really mind not being able to access Johto for a while. However, that turned out to be a grave mistake. Turned out he lost it shortly after, and it hasn't been found yet (if it was ever even lost at all). The second generation is probably my favourite generation, and the generation of games I've played the most of next to Kanto (only because I'm counting the remakes as well), so I was absolutely devastated. Oh well, I would've probably ended up giving it away anyways, since I'd done the same thing with the rest of my GBA games, including Blue.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
I still have my original Silver cartridge, but unfortunately I think one of my siblings erased my save file on it...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I still have my gold and crystal cardridges. I don't know if they are still working, but whatever. At least I got 250/251 in gold back in the days and also I have Soulsilver, so they can rest in peace. Yeah I don't want to fire them up to only realize, the battery has run dry xD

Well maybe some later time...

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
I still have my original cartriges of Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and still play Crystal (my first pokemon game ever) :3 It appeases my sentimental disposition.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I got crystal as a kid still have it. Heck, the original battery and my old save even work.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
I still have my Pokemon Crystal cartridge. Although I don't play it since I emulate it instead, I still try to keep the game in good condition because it has given me many memories during elementary school (in college now). I have, in the form of an actual cartridge, at least 1 version of each generation. I'm not a collector or anything but these are what I bought when they first came out and afterwords I just keep them in a memory box thingy under my bed lol.

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
Years
I've still got all my original R,Y,B and G,S,C games. I'm now buying the boxes, inserts and manuals off ebay to complete them. I love my collection :)

SolarPhantom

The Fox Overlord
Years
i still have my crystal version(First one ever played)! best one by far because it has most adventure, in my opinion.
and i got mew :3 legitimately caught thanks to Nintendo events.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Yes, I still have them all. Gold, Silver and Crystal.

When the battery died in them, I bought new ones because I thought they were faulty. I know own two versions of each one. I don't regret it though. I shall take them to the grave!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I do believe I still have my Crystal's cartridge somewhere in my house. It's gotten quite wonky since the last time I played it - my bag's key items always got corrupted and everything will disappear everytime I get to Goldenrod City, and then my save file will get corrupted soon after. :c I haven't seen that thing for quite a long time.. I doubt it even works anymore.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I still have my Gold version though it's all glitchy and the battery's dead. :( Technically I never had Crystal but in a way I used to. My friend let me borrow his copy just so I could get him past Burnt Tower and Ruins of Alph. He was terrified of the music in those place...for some reason. Then when I got past those point in the game he just told me I can keep it for a bit longer until I beat the Elite Four. I ended up giving it back to him four years later with a glitch where it was always Wednesday at 12:37pm. XD So I never had a copy of my own but hopefully I eventually buy one of my own. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I know where my Silver and my Crystal still are. As for my Gold version I had last saw it under my dresser but has disappeared since. Alas, I can be completely certain that it is not there anymore or anywhere in my room due to recent changes so I suppose it's gone forever.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I don't have these anymore. When my cousin gave me a cartridge of Silver(i think), i was busy with Leaf Green and lost it. Which remembers me that i should emulate it.

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
I have Silver and Crystal. I never got Gold but i would rather have Gold than Silver. Just like how I have Blue and Yellow but i would rather have Red than Blue. Yellow and Crystal are my faves. :t245: :t025:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I still have my Silver! I'm sure it still works because the last time I tried it, it still worked. I'm still keeping it for nostalgia, and collection purposes. :)

Vanilla Twilight

❤Kitty,Kitty,Kitty! Nya~❤
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 21, 2014
I have all. Crystal, Gold, and 2 Silver (the original one and new one)

Well I kept them because one day I might be bored and take an adventure and stuff ;3

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I still have both my Gold and Silver, although neither of them work anymore :c

I had a Crystal version, but I lost it! I can't find it anywhere. Hopefully it is in my house somewhere, but I have been looking for years. If I really did lose it forever, I would be really upset.

Back