• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Answer Thread: (Updated 18/07)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
ASK ME ANYTHING ANSWERS
Ever wanted to know more about your fellow users at the Pokecommunity? Well here's your perfect way to do just that!

HOW IT WORKS!
This is the answer section of Pokecommunity's Ask Me Anything Threads.
You can ask a question in this thread, instead, so don't ask a question here or it won't be added to the list and might even get deleted!
It's simple! Just look at the list below and feel free to answer any (or all) of the questions that are active! You don't need to answer anything you don't feel comfortable with.

RULES!​
Before you post away, there are some things to keep in mind:
  • For member specific questions: You can answer all of the questions you feel comfortable answering, and you can also answer any of the general questions too, of course. All member specific questions asked the previous week will be added after a few days and from then you will have a month to answer it. If you don't answer it within that time, it will be removed. (This is to avoid flooding due to inactivity.)
  • You don't have to answer everything if you don't want to.
  • Copy the question into your responding post so we know which question you are answering.
  • All other Pokecommunity Rules apply (like the four word rule, etc.) You can find the rules here.
  • Be mindful of how you answer! (Kids are on this forum, too!)
  • Don't worry about the number beside the member specific question when they appear, that is there just for me to keep track of when they were added.

ACTIVE LIST OF QUESTIONS​
GENERAL QUESTIONS
Anyone here likes to listen to Hatsuni Miku?? if so,what's your favorite song??
What school year are you in?
What is your favourite food?
What is your favourite drink? (Can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic)

MEMBER-SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
Open for Questions in the Question Thread. All questions posted this week will be updated next week! Check back next week to see if you've been mentioned! (

AWSquared:
What do you like most about yourself and why?
Bloodex
What are you looking forward to the most about University/College?(3)
Harlequin
How old is your dog? :333(2)
Patchisou Yutorhru:
What would be the first thing you'd buy if you won a quarter of a million dollars?
Also, Nick, if you had to dye your hair any colour, what would it be?
Razor Leaf
What would you say was the hardest part of Uni this past year?(2)
Sammi-san:
What brought you to Pokecommunity in the first place?

P.S. Once this thread gets big, you can look for a specific member's answers using the search option in this thread where it says "Search This Thread" and you can search by username. That and member-specific questions are the main difference between this thread and the rest of this section, but if you rather make your own thread for your question then feel free to!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Her

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
What is the scariest movie you've ever watched? (Remember to add spoiler tags for spoilers if you give a reason why it was scary!)
'Ray J & Kim K'
Which family members are you close to (from an emotional standpoint, that is?)
From an emotional standpoint, only my little brother and sister. My parents, well, we never had an emotional bond and my other brother...he's just an ass and we're truly only related by blood. I'm not a believer in unconditional love towards family just because they're family, so to say that I love the latter three people I've mentioned would be untruthful.
What are your tastes in music?
*2006 Myspace profile voice* 'Anything but rap and country!'
I'm open to most music, but I tend to not like indie as a genre, or most metal music. The sounds are just too raw or out of time for my ears, I prefer a beat which is either polished to perfection or it has a nice melody.

Sir Codin

The Distortion World. I was completely blown away by what Gamefreak did with that place. It was like the entire development staff took some LSD, drew some pictures, and decided "hey, that looks cool and trippy. Let's make that!"

Scariest Movie I ever watched?

Chernobyl Diaires...only because it was so terrible of a movie, it make me think about what the director was doing with my wasted money and was probably using it to pay for the services of an underage hooker imported from Cambodia, ergo making my paying to see the movie inadvertently support human trafficking.

I don't watch too many horror movies. If you count horror video games, though, probably either Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil 1 Remake, or Amnesia.

Favorite manga and why?

Pokemon Special. So much better plot than the anime, the characters are memorable, and I wish they would make an anime out of THAT instead. Plus, there's this girl:

Green_Adventures.png

Music tastes?
Mostly metal; I like most subgenres of it, though I mostly listen to thrash metal and groove metal. The occasional black and death metal is nice too.

I also occasionally listen to hardcore punk, classical (mostly organ compositions), downtempo, drum & bass, classic rock, hard rock, progressive, jazz, and ambient music.

Other than that, I love listening to video games soundtracks. I especially love the scores to Planescape: Torment, Pokemon, Final Fantasy VII, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Fallout 1 & 2, Doom, Quake 2, The Dig, and Fire Emblem: Awakening

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
What is your favorite place in any of the Pokemon Games and why?
Route 110, Plusle and Minun are common
What is the scariest movie you've ever watched? (Remember to add spoiler tags for spoilers if you give a reason why it was scary!)
A Serbian film
Spoiler:
What's your preferite Manga and why?
Pocket Monsters, more violence and Pokemon die in it.
How easy is it for you to talk to someone you don't know?
I am very very shy if you mean this for RL, on the net I am not.
Mum and that's all.
Gangnam style!
Thechy
Pop
Rock
Metel
PUNK!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What is your favourite place in any of the Pokemon Games and why?
Anywhere in Hoenn.

What is the scariest movie you've ever watched?
Anything with Nicolas Cage.

irl, it likely won't happen lol. Online, it's not that hard for me.

I'll listen to almost anything, though I'm not too partial to country. My favorite genres are indie, alternative (which is kind of an umbrella term, eh), progressive, drum and bass, and pop.

Years
Either Veilstone City in Sinnoh or Route 115 (I think) in Hoenn.

Veilstone is just very aesthetically pleasing and for the route I like the secret base there and the interesting set of wilds available.

Honestly, Arachnophobia. I'm not even scared of spider but the realism through a lot of it creeped me the hell out (and it's only a PG movie... haha). Honestly though I love scary movies :D

I don't really read much manga at all, I'll get back to you.

Online? Easy.
IRL? If I'm in certain settings where I'm at my most confident I can manage, otherwise I'm terrible at meeting people.

My mother, sister and maybe my aunt. I don't get along with the rest of my family at all and don't really talk to them. I have a fairly large extended family though.

I have a very broad and eclectic taste but I generally prefer rock/metal/alternative genres to the more mainstream ones.

What is your view on climate change?
It is a very real threat. I feel like more money needs to spent on research into clean energy than on wars and the lining of pockets.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Never listened to Hatsuni Miku, so I can't give you a favorite song.

Not in school anymore, althought I might be going back to college to do Chemistry.

Either Macaroni & Cheese, or Spaghetti Bolognese. I could eat those every day if I wanted to.

I really like the taste of anything that's apple, so Apple Juice or Tango Apple would be my preference.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

Threat or not, it's something that I think at this point is going to happen, no matter what we do. This isn't the first time it's happened to the Earth either. Maybe we'll adapt and maybe we won't, and as much as I'd hate for many species today to die off because of it, part of me feels that climate change will pave the way for natural selection. In other words, part of me feels that by trying to prevent it from happening, we're preventing species (including ourselves) from adapting and bettering ourselves from it. Now, that's just a possibility; climate change could very well kill everything. Who knows? But at this point, I'm not too worried about it. Sucks for any animals that can't adapt, though, but hey...life comes and goes. And if I can't adapt and die, so what? Dead is dead. I'll cross the bridge of death when it comes.

Do you keep up with the news?

I only read the news online at times when I'm bored. Other than that, not really. I actually had to stop paying attention for a time because everything was pissing me off too much.

droomph

weeb
Years

Littleroot Town because Grovyle ok srsly I liked the music in Meteor Falls and the atmosphere there…I think I like the actual place the most in Flocessy Ranch, because it was so upbeat. and riolu the preevolution of my second favorite pokemon roams wild <3

Years
How much do you change when in public?

I don't really change that much. It does depend, however, if I am on my own or with people. When I am on my own, I just have both ear phones in and don't pay much attention to people around me, as I just like to keep to myself and carry on with what I am doing. If I am with people, I will just be my usual chatty self. I don't have multiple personalities or different sides of me at all, really; what you see is what you get with me.​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
What is your favourite place in any of the Pokemon Games and why?​
Violet City / Olivine City, because that's my favorite music in all of the Pokémon games.

What is the scariest movie you've ever watched and why? (Remember to add spoiler tags for spoilers!)
I literally can't even remember. Its been so long since I've seen a scary movie, but I remember watching so many of them with my best friend at the time in 7th grade.

I don't read manga. I read some manga that came in Shonen Jump when I was subscribed to that way back when the original Yu-Gi-Oh was airing, and I remember reading some of the manga that was in there (Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball Z, and One Piece are the ones I can remember). The last manga I read was a manga called ARAGO a few years back, which stands to be not only the only one I've read from start to finish, but my favorite.

Manga and comics don't really interested me. I'd sooner read a novel than those.

I mean, it depends. What do they look like? Do they seem nice? Are they intimidating in any way, shape, or form to me? I'm pretty quiet (not shy). I don't normally say anything unless I feel I have something to say that's interesting, funny, sarcastic, or witty.

I don't think I'm really closed to any of them right now?

I have a really diverse taste in music. I like almost every single genre except real heavy metal with screaming for lyrics with those really grating-sounding voices. I don't mind songs that don't have screaming like that in them, but the bands and songs that are entirely made up of that? Not my taste.

What's your favorite DreamWorks film?
How to Train Your Dragon and Rise of the Guardians.

What is your view on climate change?
I find it interesting from a scientific standpoint, but from like a political standpoint, I don't care.

Do you keep up with the news?
I try to. I think I'm more in touch of what's going on in the United Kingdom than I am what's going on locally, because my go-to news site is actually BBC. Whatever shows up there, I try to read.

Would you rather be short or tall?
I like the height I am now. I'm like 6 feet.

What can change the nature of a man?
Love, tragedy, and success.

What is the one item you can't live without and why?​
I was thinking about this the other day. Its a toss up between my laptop and my car. My car grants me freedom to go wherever I want. My laptop grants me endless entertainment and cures boredom. I hate boredom. I DON'T WANT TO CHOOSE!

i have my asking thread in other forums...it's fun till people run out of questions and start repeating themselves!

which member would you like to see a pic of them or meet them irl??

wut?? i like to ask interesting questions u.u
I would like to meet all of my friends from PC that I have listed on my friends list, and a couple of other members that I find interesting, but I can't really remember their usernames off the top of my head.

How much do you change when in public?
I don't feel that I do change when I'm in public. I don't really feel like I'm different in different scenarios. I used to be like that, but these days, I feel like I'm true to myself and pretty organic all around.

What are your flaws in terms of personality, if you have any?
I think flaws are entirely subjective. I'm trying to think of flaws I have, but ones that I think of, I can think of reasons why those things aren't really flaws after all. I'm sorry that doesn't really answer your question.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What is your favorite place in any of the Pokemon Games and why?: Slateport City, because of its music.

What are your tastes in music?: I like rock, hip-hop and R&B.

What's your favorite DreamWorks film?: The Shrek series.

Do you keep up with the news?: Only when I feel like it.

Honest

Hi!
Years
The Battle Factory in Pokemon Emerald. The fact that I could use level 100 Pokemon that weren't mine made me happy. :3

Sinister was pretty damn scary. I know there are scarier, but I either haven't seen them, or don't remember them. The beginning freaked me out, big time.

Naruto, cause I've never read anything else lol

Fairly easy. So long as it's not a group, cause I hate having to get involved in a group conversation when everyone knows everyone except me.

The closest would be my baby sister. I adore her to bits, and love her so so much. She makes me smile everyday.

All kinds of rock, from metal to alternative.

Specifically Dipu
What are you looking forward to the most about University/College?
It's funny, my friend and I were talking about this earlier. She and I were sorta reminiscing about the last few years. Personally? I'm looking forward to the experience and the people. The experience cause I'll finally be able to pick what I want to learn (for the most part). The people, cause, well, it's new people. I'll admit something, though. I know it's unavoidable, but I sorta don't want to make new friends. Perhaps it's the fact that the people I'm leaving from high school meant so much to me, but I seriously at one point thought that we'd always be best friends. I'm sure we still will be! But it's hard to believe that within a few days, I'll be hanging out with people who aren't people I've known forever (THAT IS UNLESS ONE OF MY FRIENDS DECIDES NOT TO GO TO THE ARMY 8D)

Will answer the rest later. :3

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
To Slenderman: How do you keep tabs on the clients on your Pokémon Trading Thread with VMs in your profile disabled without having to clutter up your thread?
I do occasionally have to go back and check to find out who wants what Pokemon. If you mean actually planning trades, sometimes I'm online at the same time as the client and we both can trade. Others, we get each others' timezones and plan a time. It's helpful that I still am able to send VMs- they just cannot be replied to.
Sorry, I thought I had answered this when you asked before.

@Slenderman: I've been wondering why you don't accept friend requests and have disabled your VMs and PMs for quite some time; why is that the case?
I prefer talking to other users in a less-private manner. I did previously have all of those opened, but, on one occasion, it didn't go very well. That creeped me out enough that now I don't let anyone contact me via PM/VM.
Friend requests are disabled because I currently allow messages from "staff and friends". I only want the staff to be able to send messages, so I just emptied out my friends list.

I didn't expect to have anyone ask a question, let alone two people!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Do you own any pets?
I own one puppy. His name isSnappy and he's turning 3 years old in November. I got pictures of him on my profile if you're curious to know how he looks like :)

What was your reaction to the Fairy type being revealed?
Omg, new type, gotta memorize the new revamp of the super-effective and non super-effective moves and types, screw this >.>

(Although, it's gonna make the TCG more balanced, huehue)

Years
I don't even know who that is!

I am not in any school year; I have graduated from High School, College and University! :)​

Hypocrates

shampain
Years

I'm assuming you meant Hatsune Miku. Kagerou Days, Artificial Enemy and Secret Police would probably be my favourites.

2nd year...which is 8th grade in US terms, I think?

In general I love dishes containing chicken, aha. However, to be more specific, my favourite food/fruit would be a nice and simple strawberry.

Water. It's healthy and it keeps you hydrated.

Khawill

<3
Years
What school year are you in? I am entering my final high school year
What is your favourite food? I enjoy the taste of cheese
What is your favourite drink? I endulge in various beverages, but water is my go to drink

Years
I'll be headed into my first year of college in August 2013

Toughie, but I'll say spaghetti

Sweet iced tea. Too bad I can no longer have it though since I'm on a sugar-free diet

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Do you own any pets?
I don't own any pets. I've had my fair share of cats in the past, but we've parted ways many, many years ago.

What was your reaction to the Fairy type being revealed?
I just thought that it was really strange that they were super effective against dragon types. And I was kind of mad that they made Marill a Fairy type, but apart from that, I didn't really care.

I don't really know. I'm at a college that's credit based and there really isn't any clear difference. It's just "get ### credits and you can graduate!"

Anyone here likes to listen to Hatsuni Miku?? if so,what's your favorite song?? :33
No.

What is your favourite drink? (Can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic)​
I'm not really sure what my favorite food is, but my favorite drink is Dr. Pepper.

What would be the first thing you'd buy if you won a quarter of a million dollars?
Also, Nick, if you had to dye your hair any colour, what would it be?
I would buy a house for immediate shelter.

Right now I'm interested in dying my hair dirty blonde. I've already went darker, so now I'm going to go lighter. I'll probably go and get it on a whim one day like I did when I got my hair dyed onix.

Do you have a goal in life? Is it important to you?
My goal in life is to live with enough financial security that I don't have to worry about how much money I have in the bank and that I don't have to struggle every week living paycheck to paycheck working at a dead-end job and to be happy.

Do you like where you live? If not, where do you wish to live?
I've recently moved, and I very much like this house. I signed the lease for a year, so I have 10 months left before I have to make the decision of staying or moving back in with my dad. I like being independent, so I will more than likely choose to sign for another year, if I'm given that option.

Back