• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When your able to move away, are you moving far away from your parents?

When your old enough, are you moving far away from your parents?

• Yes, I want more independence

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Kinda, but I want to stay close.

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No im a mommy's boy/girl.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
Years
  • Age 35
  • Sc
  • Seen Jun 23, 2009
I am, are you moving far away from your parents?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
I'm sorry mom and dad, but I hate your guts.

I'm going to move far, far away from them as I can. Hopefully, they don't send me an invitation for a family cook-out.

I'll even move to Japan if I have to!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
I'm already away from my parents (about 2.5 hours, actually) due to college, but whenever I'm out, I'll probably be about 1-3 hours away. I love having my independence, but I'd also like to be able to go see my parents whenever I want to.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I don't hate my parents, and it's expensive to move far. I'll probably latch onto them still while I'm in college for money, but when I move out, I think I'll stay close. No real reason except it's easy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I live in New Jersey.
The first time I move, if I get accepted into the school I want to go to, I will be moving to Utah.
Following graduation of college, I will be moving to California.

I'm going to say yes.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
Yes, I will have to next year for university regardless of whether I want to or not. I don't really want to go to the university here, so it'll be me moving out around February 2010.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I probably will, unless my family happens to move halfway across the country to the state where the university I want to go is, I'd end up going there once I get my first degree here...which will be around two years or so from now. I would definitely love to experience life on my own, or just away from my family if I'm able to, even if I don't end up enrolling at the school I've had in mind. I wouldn't mind making it a long distance move, could definitely use some space from my family. Of course this is all under the assumption that a load of money is dropped on me, allowing me to live on my own, or at least move in with someone else.

Last edited:

Starberry

The berry of awesomeness
Years
As of right now I have the option of moving away. However I still depend on my parents to help me through school. So I'm sticking near by until I can fully support myself enough to live completely independent from them.

When I do decide to move away, I'm opting towards a state with less of a crazy weather pattern (I live in Oklahoma). Not sure where yet.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I went on a whim to live with my brother on the opposite coast from my parents. Incidentally a few weeks after moving in, I found a job and have stayed since.

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
I wouldn't say "far" away, but I'd like to get a least a good distance away from here. As much as I love my parents, I don't really want to live near them. :[

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I'm only about two and a half hours away from home right now, but I still feel so far away. I was hesitant about moving away for college when I first got here, and now...I guess I'd rather be closer to home. I love my parents a lot, and as much as it might be weird for a 18 year old guy to say this, they don't annoy me at all. I wasn't tired of them in high school and I'm certainly not tired of them now that I'm away. I don't want to live with them now that I'm out of the house, but if I could stay in upstate New York and get a good job, I wouldn't mind at all.

Melody

Banned
Years
I wouldn't mind living near my father really, I have a lot of respect for him.

Now my mother, I wouldn't mind moving away from...but it'd probably like just the next town over or something. I'm not stupid nor am I cruel. I sincerely love both of my parents, no matter what they do.

Years
I really like where i live, an will probably move away 30 minutes? but i wont wanna get harrased anyway by them. But there 63 and 67 ( grandparents) so they probably wont live that long.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 14, 2016
I don't hate my parents, I like where I live even though it's not what I'm supposed to be but I only move away once at ours.

Years
When I went to college, I was a whole ocean away from them until they moved back to the States in December. I survived, but at the same time, it was sad, knowing that I couldn't see them during the breaks.

Once I can actually handle living on my own (which god knows when that'll be), I'll probably live somewhat nearby. Not quite sure how nearby, but at least in the state. I've spent almost all of my life living far, far away from the people I love, so for once in my life, I'd like to be close. My parents are cool anyway. They're not going to randomly bug me; it'll probably be the other way around.

It's the major reason that I'm not going back to Nebraska once I can actually afford college. I enjoyed living there, but I'd rather be within a few hour's drive than a day's drive. :/

Back