• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Visiting Pokemon Center in Tokyo - Tips?

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
Years
Hey folks

I'm going on holiday to Japan in a couple of weeks and I thought it would be rude not to visit the Pokemon Center in Tokyo.

Does anyone have any tips for any wireless downloads I should look for while I'm in there, or a link to a guide to make the best of the visit?

Cheers

Nobody? Really? That surprises me! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Brings lots of money.

Really though, I'm not sure how much you know about the Pokemon Centers, but they always have tons of merchandise and specific promotions going on (and by promotions, I mean themed merchandise collections). I'm not aware of any downloads for games occurring there at the moment, but there's a new set of Pokemon Time items (including some adorable Growlithe, Ponyta, Gengar, and Dragonair plush) being sold, and if I'm not mistaken they are already starting to sell their Christmas merchandise, too. If not, they should at least still have some Halloween items left over (Litwick lights, Cofagrigus phone holders, etc.).

Also, I think the I <3 Eevee promotion is going to start soon, too, so if you're interesting in Eevee or any of its evolutions, definitely check that out! It's looking to be one of their most popular promotions yet.

Last edited:

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Sounds like a good enough reason to stay a little in Tokyo the next time I go to Bangkok. ^_^

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Be prepared to spend lots and lots of time in there just staring at everything. And make sure you're OK with listening to the Pokemon Centre music on repeat, as that's pretty much all they play. And the staff can be a little bit overbearing, as they always say 'welcome' whenever they walk past any potential customer. As for game downloads, I think that's something where you'd have to do your own research in that regard; I believe there was a Meleotta download when I was there in April, but presumably, if there's anything at all, it'll not be that. It's a really unusual, but really special shopping environment, so try and make the most of it while you're there.

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
Years
Well you guys were right, especially Rivvon. The Pokecenter had some amazing stuff and I spent a frightening amount of money (for me, at least). I bought a whole bunch of miniatures, a sweet Pikachu and Victini wood stamp and a plush Gengar. I also bought a pair of Pokemon d6 dice to spice up my collection for D&D games. Sweet!

Back