• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

The Official PokéCommunity Adoption Center!★

Introduction - Feelin' Lost?

Oh, you can bet you're not the first! PC (PokéCommunity) is pretty great for providing you with the most up-to-date discussions on the newest games, best competitive strategies for beating all your friends, ROM hacking methods, and even how to make your own sprites! But, it can be veeeery disorientating and confusing when you're first startin' out. Lucky for you, PC isn't only one of the largest Pokémon forums, we're also the friendliest! Here you can actually find yourself a mentor that will take you under their wing and show you what this place really has to offer! Not to mention it's a quick way to make your first friend here!

I'm intrigued. How does that work?

Glad you asked! If you're new and want to find yourself a mentor, please do go ahead and post in this thread. Just tell us a little about what you're looking to get out of this community, and what you want out of a mentor. We've provided a template to make this easier, although it is not required:

1) What boards are you most interested in?
2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?

To be considered as a mentee (or a new member), you must be active for less than two months -or- have less than 99 posts.

The list of mentors can be found at this thread!
05.png

This Thread!~

In order to keep this thread organized, we're gonna try and keep idle chit-chat to a bear minimum in the thread. Please encourage new members to use PM and VMs to communicate with you. When posting in this thread, be sure that both the New Users/Welcome rules, as well as the Global PokeCommunity Rules apply.

What can be posted here:
~Asking for a mentor
~Directing new members to a suitable mentor
~Offering to be a new member's mentor [only if you're on the list]

What cannot be posted here:
~Introductions (If you want to introduce yourself, to make a new thread we go!)
~Spam (it's not 20% cooler)

I found a mentor/I have adopted a new member, now what guys?

Now, one of you can post in the thread stating that you've found a mentor and/or you have become a mentor for a new member. This is only truly necessary if you made a post asking to find a mentor. That way we know to stop making suggestions and move on to the next pair-up!

Hey guys! I wanna be a mentor too!

Becoming a mentor is somewhat of a responsibility, and we reserve these positions for those members who we consider active, and who we believe will benefit our new members best. For that reason, there is an application process, and we will be using personal discretion in selecting new mentors. Listed below you will find the rules for application as well as the template. If you qualify and you wish to participate, then by all means fill out the template (inside the spoiler) and send Megan or Snivy a Private Message.

Read this announcement for more information on mentorship. We are currently recruiting mentors for various sections.

Requirements for Becoming a Mentor:
~You must have been a member for at least three months (90 days from your join date)
~You must have little-to-no infractions (old infractions will be investigated)
~You must have made a post nearly every day for the last thirty days to prove activity (This will obviously be subjective)

1) What time zone do you reside in?
2) What board(s) of PC do you frequent?
3) How long have you been posting there?
4) Have you contributed to said board(s) in some way? If so, how?
5) Why do you want to be a Mentor?
6) How will you help make the PC Adoption Center a success?

**By submitting this application you understand that the positions are limited in scope, and you may be put on a waiting list. You also agree that becoming a mentor is up to PC Staff discretion, and that you may also be removed at any time if you are deemed either inactive or unsupportive in your role.

Credits: Thread – Hiidoran, CSS/Additional Details & Touches – Meganium90

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
[PCAC] List of Adoptable Mentors!~

List of Official Mentors!

Below are a list of mentors for you to choose from, based on your interests! Many of these mentors are more than happy to help you with what you specifically signed up for. Whether you'd want someone to show you how to trade and/or battle with other members? Maybe you'd like to have a sweet debate about a certain topic? Pretty much ANYTHING. All mentors are experienced members of PC, and they will be more than happy to show you around the basics of PC!

If you'd like to know more about our lovely mentors, click on the spoilers! :)

Updated May 6, 2012

Meganium90 - Global | Alternate [Available]
Spoiler:

Snivy063 - Global | Alternate [Not Available]
Spoiler:

Forever - Black & White, Competitive Battling Center, [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247"]Black 2 & White 2[/URL] [Available]
Adopted: tj4bigred

Spoiler:

bobandbill - 4th Generation Gaming, General Pokemon Gaming, Fanfiction & Writing [Available]
Adopted: Newton, ZeroCracked

Spoiler:

Sydian - General Pokemon Gaming, Challenges [Available]
Adopted: cyndaqwilfish:)

Spoiler:

PlatinumDude - Competitive Battling Center [Available]
Spoiler:

TwilightBlade - Trade Corner [Available]
Spoiler:

Toujours - Pokemon General [Available]
Spoiler:

BinaryPeaches - Pokemon Trivia, Other Trivia [Available]
Spoiler:

AlexOzzyCake - Pokemon Clubs[Not Available - Absent]
Spoiler:

donavannj - Pokemon Trading Card Game [Available]
Spoiler:

Abnegation - Art Gallery, Game Development [Available]
Adopted: Whimsyful
Spoiler:

PkMnTrainer Yellow - Roleplay Corner
Spoiler:

Miss Doronjo - Roleplay Corner [Not Available]
Adopted: Adventurousguy13, OtakuKhaos

Spoiler:

Astinus - Fanfiction & Writing [Available]
Spoiler:

dragon456 - Emulation [Available]
Adopted: MidnightShine, ForeverYoung, Perezoso

Spoiler:

DrFuji - Emulation [Not Available]
Adopted: 7highstraight, MattyJ
Spoiler:

SwiftSign - Emulation [Available]
Adopted: mudkipftw91, beyblader77

Spoiler:

Hybrid Trainer - Technology & Media [Available]
Adopted: ScarletFlygon

Spoiler:

Captain Fabio - Technology & Media [Available]
Adopted: Signal : Zero

Spoiler:

Razor Leaf - Off Topic [Available]
Adopted: Chibi Et Random

Spoiler:

Shining Raichu - Off Topic, Culture & Media [Available]
Adopted: Lozz, Dirk

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Don't worry people, we don't bite! ;D

Think of it as having a new friend to show you around. Just like if you transferred to a new school, you might have someone show you around and such! :)​

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Everything related to pokemon games ( that would be "Current Generation Pokémon Gaming" & "General Pokémon Gaming Discussions" ) + clubs (both Pokemon Clubs and Other Clubs).

Erm.. the same ones as listed above xD
But I guess that the clubs here are something I have a bigger problem understanding right now ^^"

Of course, If a topic interests me and I have something to say.. then I will post It.

Not really, just have fun :3

From the descriptions I guess... AlexOzzyCake?
Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, based on your template, you're interested in Pokemon Clubs. :D Our very own moderator/mentor AlexOzzyCake would be more than happy to mentor you in that section!

He'll come by shortly to contact you. :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Everything related to pokemon games ( that would be "Current Generation Pokémon Gaming" & "General Pokémon Gaming Discussions" ) + clubs (both Pokemon Clubs and Other Clubs).

Erm.. the same ones as listed above xD
But I guess that the clubs here are something I have a bigger problem understanding right now ^^"

Of course, If a topic interests me and I have something to say.. then I will post It.

Not really, just have fun :3

From the descriptions I guess... AlexOzzyCake?
Spoiler:

Sounds like you're mine! ;D I'll send you a message now. ^^

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I expected more of a mentor fight over the first new member to sign up.

POKEMON GENERAL IS THE BEST COME TALK TO MEEEEE

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't want a mentor fight, I want a mentee fight. I want to be fought over. ;) jk

MediocreSong

Who's that Pokemon!?
Years
I am interested in the Metal and Color Generation boards, Advance Generation Games and everything in the Art Gallery :)
I would like to find out about the Role Play section as that seems like something I could get interested in :)
Definitely. If I see a post posing a question I have an opinion on, I will more than likely reply.
I'm looking to try and get back into doing different things with pixel art as well as generally getting up to my eyeballs in Pokémon discussion :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I see you're interested in a variety of forums here, and 5 of the mentors are willing to help you out (that is, if anyone posts here first!)

Since you're interested in the older generation gaming, your best choice would be Syd or Bob. For Roleplay, Roswell or Miss Doronjo, and for the Art Gallery, Abnegation.

Whichever, any of the 5 mentors I mentioned are more than happy to mentor you, and one will come here shortly!

SirDevin

PokéKnight
Years
looking for a mentor any help?

[SIZE="a"]Hi everyone I'm lookin for a mentor about forums cuz this is my first ever an black an white an trade plz contact me some how if you can mentor me. Thank you =)[/SIZE]

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi there SirDevin! Forever or Elite Four Lucian would be more than happy to mentor you throughout your stay at PC! Since you're more interested in B/W (based on your profile), then Forever would be a good match. :)

She'll be on shortly to take you!

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
Current Generation Pokemon Gaming.
Same answer as number one.
Probably. I'm a role-player as well as a gamer. (Although I'm not sure if there's a role-playing board. Lol.)
Mostly make friends.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hi there SirDevin! Forever or Elite Four Lucian would be more than happy to mentor you throughout your stay at PC! Since you're more interested in B/W (based on your profile), then Forever would be a good match. :)

She'll be on shortly to take you!

Yup, confirming that the member has contacted, etc. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Current Generation Pokemon Gaming.
Same answer as number one.
Probably. I'm a role-player as well as a gamer. (Although I'm not sure if there's a role-playing board. Lol.)
Mostly make friends.

In terms of Current Generation Gaming, Is there a specific section that you're willing to know about? Maybe you'd like to know what the Black & White, 4th Gen, Trade Corner or CBC? We have mentors for each of those sections and they're all available.

For roleplaying, you have either Roswell or Miss Doronjo...and one of them are willing to show you around the Roleplay Corner. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Hey, I was wondering, from the descriptions, could I have Abnegation? :)
Of course, I'd be happy to help.

My preferred method of contact is Windows Live Messenger, but I am available to meet whatever way you would like to contact me. Here are my contact details.

[email protected] - WLM/MSN
Gavz93 - Skype
Or you can send me a Visitor Message on my profile or a Private message by clicking here.

Welcome to the forums buddy, contact me whenever and whatever way you wish, I'm here to help :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back