• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many friends?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
How many people around you do you actually consider your friends? And I'm talking about the full definition of a friend. Not just someone you get along well with and hang out with a few times a week, but one that you feel (or know) would be with you through thick and thin and be able to support you emotionally and would make sacrifices for you if it came down to that.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I have a ton of friends, but when you use that definition... none. I love my friends, but I feel really sad in saying that I honestly don't think they would be able to support me emotionally. Most of them are pretty uncomfortable around unnecessary emotion. As to whether they'd make sacrifices for me, experience tells me probably not.

I really need to get some new friends lol.

Just to be clear too, I'm talking about offline friends here.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I have 2 solid friends, one that I don't see much now and one that I see on a regular basis. The other friends that I do have I would consider very minor.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't consider just anyone my friend - most of the people I know are acquaintances. To me, a friend is someone you can trust with anything and everything, from a secret, to your finances, to your family, to your life. They aren't just a passerby on the street you picked up their fallen wallet for, they aren't just the people you help move in. In actuality, I have about three 'real' friends, despite the overwhelming amount of people that think we're friends.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I can count 4 friends that I can depend on and really trust/get along with. About 5-7 are pretty good friends that I can depend on sometimes but can't fully open up to.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i have a ton of friends which go by the definition of friends i still have many
we all very nice friends and we all care for each other many are my school friends :D :D

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I have lots of friends from high school but I guess they would drop down to acquaintances. I had two solid best friends back then but I don't really talk to either of them cause one went to too different college and the other turned into a totally drugie. @ my college I guess I have like two best friend and about 10 to 15 friends and lot of acquaintances.

Years
When you put it like that OP, I don't really have any. Maybe one but yeah. I'm a bit of a lone wolf in that regard. For the sake of ease of socializing I interact well with lots of different people but yeah, that is just playing the game really.

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I have a lot of friends that support me, are fun to hang out with, and that I've known for a long time, but I never really consider a lot of them all that close. With that definition, I'd say 2 (offline, not including family). I say those two because they're the ones who know about what I've been through, how I am now, and have consistently been there when I've needed someone.

Not to say that my other friends wouldn't be as supportive, it's just that I've only really felt comfortable opening up about my family issues to those 2 people with complete honesty. I wouldn't feel comfortable with anyone else, so that says something about their friendship to me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Under that definition, like 2. I have a lot, but i'd say 2 for that.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I think... maybe three.

But it's kind of hard to tell because I have many friends who all support me in very different ways and help me through very different issues. It's like I'm laying on a net rather than leaning on a crutch. Sort of. I don't know I'm tired I can't think of a better way to put that. :|

Years
I'm not really sure to be honest. I don't know how my friends would support me emotionally since I don't share really. And I don't know about the sacrifices as I've never needed a friend to sacrifice something for me? I guess I could say I have a couple who probably would. ._.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Sadly none...in real life. Yeah, I hang with a bunch of guys and all, but under that definition...it's nothing. They're just a bunch of dudes whom I think they're pretty cool and I just hang with them. xD

Online, however...they're a few but I'm not gonna go further on that. lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Not many. I can't really think of a number that would be accurate enough. I hang out with a few people but I'm not sure if I hang out with them enough to consider them friends?

Online it's the same thing really. I talk to them but I'm unsure if I would really consider them friends or not to be very often.

Eh, Quality over Quantity.

Back