• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Meganium fans on here?

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
While a good amount of people got Totodile, I took Chikorita. I always loved Meganium. I remember naming mine Tropius because it kind of looks like a female Tropius. Meganium is farely balanced which I think is nice. And either way this thing looks cool, my favorite will still be Torterra however but there's always room for Meganium!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
Chikorita was my first Pokemon, so Bayleef and Meganium are also very special Pokemon to me. I adore them!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I like the line - I just happen to prefer the other GSC starters to it, really. It's a cute enough Pokemon line and not too bad in battles too, but it also just has a harder time in Johto compared to the others. Three of the first four gyms are against it (Morty's 'Ghost' gym doubles as a poison one), and there's also Ice and Dragon later on.

Bayleef has probably my favourite design of the bunch though. I especially liked its overworld sprite in HGSS.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Meganium is one of my most favorite grass-type Pokémon. It looks extremely cute to me, and its smile always bring sunshine on a cloudy day. :) Meganium is the strongest Pokémon defensively out of the three starters of Johto. With access to moves such as Aromatherapy, Toxic, Dragon Tail, and Synthesis, it's able to take on the role of a supporting Pokémon without any worries. Toxic allows it to inflict the opponent with poison which steals their health bit by bit on every turn. Aromatherapy can heal the status effects of all of your team members, eliminating the need for Antidotes, Burn Heals, Ice Heals, and other healing items. Dragon Tail can make your opponent's Pokémon switch forcefully and get themselves hurt with entry hazards. And finally, Synthesis allows it to recover itself whenever it's low in HP.

Thiere are plenty of other useful moves that this Pokémon can learn, but right now, these are the only ones that I can think of from the top of my head. d:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I love Meganium too. I had one on my Crystal version, level 100 and had Solarbeam, Razor Leaf, Synthesis and Body Slam as its move set. Helped me win tons of battles.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
I never used Chikorita in my GSC or HGSS runs but I really think Meganium is fabulous.
I hope Meganium gets a Mega Evo too. And it also seems to be based on long-necked herbivore dinos, which makes it even more awesome.
Hmm, I do remember using Meganium in a romhack before, though. :I

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
even though feraligatr is my favorite pokemon I've been into meganium lately but it's not my favorite grass starter sceptile is but meganium is a good support pokemon no not like umbreon standards but still a good supporter

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Meganium is one of my top five Pokémon. So yeah, you could say I'm a Meganium fan. :P

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
I love Meganium! It was my first starter on Crystal. Even though it was probably the most challenging of the three to train especially considering the gyms weren't that easy to beat with her, she's saved my battles a ton of times and she's super useful when used right.

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
I love Meganium, its for sure not the greatest Pokemon ever and the weakest of the Johto starters, I love the Cyndaquils line and love Totodiles line but not nearly as much as i like Chikoritas line. for sure Meganium is one of my favorite pokemon!

Mia Mew

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
I don't think of Meganium when I think of all my favorites, but I do like Meganium! It's definitely my favorite final form starter in gen 2, which seems to be an unpopular opinion.

Back