• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Yo, it´se me, Mario...
No wait, I´m BlackDragonite^^
Again my question: How can I change how many starters appear? (I only want one)

2nd: I have a really great idea for a hack, but I can´t even script, so I´m searching for someone who wants to make my idea come true ; )
BUT: you have to be a really good hacker to make it.
If anyone wants to make it, please PM me.

cory70

PokeRom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
please help. (not sure if asked before) i'm editing trainer's sprite using unLZ.GBA
however, this always happen when i tried importing the file:

[]i figured out what you doing wrong when importing an image it must be be the same one you exported. For example i export a pic of charizard and save it as 'charizard.bmp' ok, you then open it, make changes, close it and and import the 'charizard.bmp'[]

Yo, it´se me, Mario...
No wait, I´m BlackDragonite^^
Again my question: How can I change how many starters appear? (I only want one)

It depends which rom you trying to hack if it was fr you could take the events away so there was only on pokeball if it was r/s you could just make the other two pokeballs empty.
Hope that helps

Last edited:

Unown Trainer

Determine Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
Help

can i get someone who knos alot about mapping and scripts msn

plz cuz i need help

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
in unlz, when I import an image, it tell me that the image is too big. I have read that the solution is repointing. What is it? How can I do it? It help me also to change palettes with a hex editor?

sorry for my bad (horrible) english, i'm italian.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
hey me and my frineds are making a pokemon hack and wanted to know what program you guys use to make your hacks thank

To make maps for your hack, use Advance Map and/or EliteMap. To change trainer overworld sprites, use OverWorld Editor Rebirth Edition, for scripts, you can use ScriptED or PokeScript. To change other graphics in a game, use unLZ-GBA. To edit text, use Advance Text. Also, use a hex-editor to change raw data (Like TM's, evolutions, trainers, palettes, etc.) and to find free offsets. To edit trainers, use PET (Comes with EliteMap) or use a hex-editor. There are several other tools out there, and tutorials to help you. The tools mentioned above, almost all can be found in the Toolbox thread.

Years
hey i have a question. for some reason my name isnt on the members list, why? also i cant seem to find some of my posts in certain topics, almost as if somebody is deleting them and the little symbol on each thread dosnt say i posted! help, whats going on and why????

edit: i noticed by searching for all posts by me that they really HAVE been deleted, im getting framed by someone!!!!!!!

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
How can I go about editing Pokedex entries in FIRE RED?

To edit Pokedex entries in FR, you could use Dexter to try and see the exact text, then edit in in Advance-Text, or you could try to find it in Advance Text without Dexter. Only, be careful of how much space your entries use; sometimes it may permanently be ruined if you take too much space.

darkmc21

Presenting: Lucario Legends
Years
Ah, I made a mistake in how I worded my question. I meant to ask how I can change the POKEéDEX entry LOCATIONS in Fire Red?

kamikaze watermelon

< He will OWN you!!!!!!!!1%one
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2007
new question: whenever i open bewildered or dexter or basedit, it says stuff like "supported rom, but pokemon base not specified" or "supported rom, but pokedex base not specified" and, finaly "supported rom, but monster anes not specified" and when i open fonted, it says "supporetd rom, but font offset not specified and when pattd is iopen "run time error 380: invalid property value

Last edited:

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
Years
well i dont have a clue gow to change pallets or script i need help on that otherwise im a good mapper and spriter :)

Years
i need the fire red offset for the boy his sprite on the trainer card doesn't matter what program the offset is for as long you tell me which program it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back