• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Sorry, but no thanks. I can manage the game on my own for now, so I don't see any benefit coming out of this yet. And I don't really want a category, and don't need publicity either.

Anyway, just to say, I'm still working on this, I just haven't had much time for updates. I've been working on a few things - namely, the intro and region map. I might post a preview of some more new Pokémon soon, if anyone's interested.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Anyway, just to say, I'm still working on this, I just haven't had much time for updates. I've been working on a few things - namely, the intro and region map. I might post a preview of some more new Pokémon soon, if anyone's interested.

Can't wait to see them, please do

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2010
Hello there Wichu :D
I've had my eye on this project for a while, and thought it was finally time for me to chime in.

First of all, I love what you are doing here! I have real faith in this game, and can see it being a great success. On that note, I'd really like to be a part of this project. Are you still looking for spriters? If you would like me to submit a sample sprite for me to prove my worth then I will :]

All in all, great work, hope to see this up and running soon ^_^

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
I can't believe that I haven't commented on this yet. I mean, it's like one of the best projects here. Nothing can change my opinion on Pokemon Protectors being the best project, though. But this is obviously top-notch, so I'm going to give it a detailed review.

First off, I'll comment on your story. The mythology seems to be well thought over, and it's the least generic compared to other games. So I'll give that 10/10. Now let's go to the actual story. I only have a few gripes, unlike most other games where the story is badly thought over.

The story of Amethyst starts similarly to the original games: you, as a young Trainer-to-be, live in Hazelet Town, a quiet town in the Shika region. You are woken by your best friend to collect your first Pokémon from the Pokémon Professor, Prof. Maple. However, Maple is nowhere to be seen! A quick search reveals that she has been ambushed by a mysterious duo, on Route 47! Good so far. Unclichéd, of course.
Your friend helps you defeat the strangers with Professor Maple's Pokémon, and Maple gives you them as a sign of gratitude. Just getting this out of the way, how did you get the Pokemon? If Maple was kidnapped by the team, how could she give the Pokemon to the trainers? Or were they lying around on the floor or something?
After saving Professor Maple from the clutches of the sinister Team Necro, you are assigned a mission - stop their malevolent plans. Now here comes the same question that I asked in the thread of Pokemon Scarlet; if they have enough information, why not leave it to somebody more experienced? There has to be a reason for you to do it. I can help with that bit, like I did in Pokemon Scarlet; if you want me to. However, the seemingly easy task becomes a nightmare, as the full scope of their intentions becomes clear!
Team Necro have learned of the Legend of Shika, and are attempting to resurrect the Shadow Beasts. Alright, so you know it now. Why not go and tell somebody more experienced, now that their whole agenda is clear? But to what ends? The fate of the land rests with a young trainer! Exactly. Why does it rest on the shoulders of a single trainer? Has everybody died? But will you be strong enough to defeat Team Necro? Or will the land of Shika fall into ruin?
That aside, it's an awesome game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Nopie: Yeah, I'm still looking for spriters. If you could send me an example, that would be great!

Archayos: When Maple was ambushed, she dropped her bag. The attackers, not being the smartest in the bunch, didn't think to look through it :D

As for the "why some random kid?", yeah, I've been thinking of a way around that. I've decided that Maple sends you and your rival to get some documents for her, as she left them with a colleague.

Spoiler:

I think that's enough spoilers for now. I hope that this story sounds a bit better.

Anyway, what you've been waiting for - Pokémon! Of course, when Gamefreak releases them, they usually give a shadow first:
shadow2fl9.png
shadow3un5.png

Guess away! Oh, and some of you may have seen them before - if you have, please keep it to yourself!

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Nopie: Yeah, I'm still looking for spriters. If you could send me an example, that would be great!

Archayos: When Maple was ambushed, she dropped her bag. The attackers, not being the smartest in the bunch, didn't think to look through it :D

As for the "why some random kid?", yeah, I've been thinking of a way around that. I've decided that Maple sends you and your rival to get some documents for her, as she left them with a colleague.

Spoiler:

I think that's enough spoilers for now. I hope that this story sounds a bit better.

Anyway, what you've been waiting for - Pokémon! Of course, when Gamefreak releases them, they usually give a shadow first:
shadow2fl9.png
shadow3un5.png

Guess away! Oh, and some of you may have seen them before - if you have, please keep it to yourself!

Ah.

Spoiler:

Mitchman

Banned
Years

Spoiler:

shadow2fl9.png
shadow3un5.png

HHMM is there a prize? Cause I know one is an ovious chatot evo and the other pre-evo of aipom?

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
Wichu, what you think about idea of implement in game Origin Giratina, Sky Regigigas and Alternative Shaymin when/if we learn more about that forms? And do you have more completed fakemons? What do you do with Deoxys? You want use all forms or only one, if one - which?

Last edited:

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
hmm....... that second shadow looks so familar..... uhh..... is that Tr- *is shot*

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
Aqua Mudkip: I saw your (Wichu) post in Pokemon Essentials that said you didn't have acess to RPGXP. What happened back then? And nice updates there. You really are one truly advanced RPGXP game maker!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Skele: I will have all forms coded in. Deoxys will probably be an (online) event, and I'm planning a special way to get the Sinnoh legendaries, as Sinnoh won't be in the game.
Aqua Mudkip: Well, apart from my main computer with RMXP, I sometimes use the DS internet browser to post (as I am doing now), and obviously, my DS doesn't have RMXP on it. Though that would be rather cool.
Anyway, should I reveal the Pokémon yet? Only two people have attempted to guess... But only one of them is on the right track.
As for making the game, I've finished the town map function - it now supports zooming, and shows where you are able to fly to in the manner of FRLG. I'll post some screenies soon!

Screenshot090.png

The region map, zoomed out.

Screenshot091.png

Zoomed in. Each town has a custom icon, so if you forget the name and location of a particular place, you can look at the icon to get an idea of the town's layout, and hopefully remember which town it was :)

Screenshot092.png

But if you haven't visited a town yet, its icon will be a generic grayed-out town. See the towns on the right of this screen, and compare with the towns on the left.

Screenshot095.png
Screenshot096.png

FRLG-style fly posts. They only show up on places you can fly to (that would be the point :P)

Scripting the map to scroll when you're zoomed in took ages. It's pretty hard to make the game be able to tell when to scroll the map, and when to move the cursor. And don't even get me started on getting the cursor and map to show up in the right place as you zoom in. :S

But I managed it, and it works perfectly now :D

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Aipom Prevo is my guess for the smaller one XD Though I guess it could be a monkey like Pokemon...

The second shadow is harder. It COULD be a bird but the back feathers could also symbolize a Peacock maybe? D:

Yeah..I fail at guessing. But the shadows look awsome!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Great system!
ZOOMING! I like them!
Keep it up and surprise me!^^

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Hmm...

The first one I'm guessing is either an Aipom or Mankey pre-evolution, (Mainly Aipom), whereas I think the second one is a chatot evolution, possibly based on a peacock/peahen? Well, either that, or a Fearow Evo... but the tail looks like the tops of music notes... so yea, lol.

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
What do you think about insert and change in game some items from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2? Like items for special evolution chains like items for Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur and for types like Rock Sphere for rock type (rock type do not receive damage from steel moves). There can be ability to link that items like in PMD2. You can also use pokemon IQ idea (maybe if pokemon has high IQ, they can better use some holding items, moves and abilites (for example, Oran Berry can heal more HP, there can be chance to use attack and don't lose PP, pokemon can get more EXP for winning battle) but there can want be more independent (there can disobiedent in battle, use other moves like trainer want and sometimes automaticaly enter to battle (change with other pokemon))). Wild pokemons with high IQ can have better tactics and can give more EXP. Shiny, Reverse and legendary pokemons can have always higher IQ. There can be items like Gummi for control pokemon IQ. There items can't be used for legendary pokemons. PMD2 items can be very rare to find or can be only win in special lottery. In that lottery can be win rare items and mystery pokemon eggs with random pokemon with some chance to have any egg move. Also maybe pokemon eggs can be now item, no "pokemon"? When pokemon is hatched and player have now occupied all pokemon slot, hatched pokemon can be transported to PC. You can also insert in game two PMD2 moves: Wide Slash and Vacuum Cut.

Do you remember when Giovaninni catch Mewtwo and use his with armor in battles? Maybe you can give event battle with trainer who can have Armor Mewtwo? There can have lower Sp. Attack, but higher Deffense, Sp. Deffense, Psychic/Steel type, better IQ and lower Happiness. Or you can give special item for Mewtwo - Mewtwo Armor, who give Mewtwo that attributes? Armor Mewtwo can be very powerfull but they hate his trainer. :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back