• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Raging Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
So is your first Pokemon going to be Aron?

And Mr. Andrews. lol Sounds like Mr. Anderson. :P

yes, your first pokemon is aron, the story tells you why you can only use him, so yea, if you don't like it...well there's nothing i can say.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Update - 4/28/11

In this update, I have for you guys two new pictures, one showing off some of the new house tiles inserted for Hearthrow Village. Also, I have a picture of the first gym. It's a fire gym!

Gymv2.jpg
Town.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone, you're really helping us make this game better and better.

Last edited:

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Update - 4/28/11

In this update, I have for you guys two new pictures, one showing off some of the new house tiles inserted for Hearthrow Village. Also, I have a picture of the first gym. It's a fire gym!

Gym.jpg
Town.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone, you're really helping us make this game better and better.

Wow, those are great, the gym floor tiles look weird to me though. lol

Years
Wow, those are great, the gym floor tiles look weird to me though. lol

Yea, Its kinda weird to see lava on floor.
At least change the walk way path to match the tiles.
I suggest insert new tiles. that can help you a lot.
the problem is most of the hack just change the outside tiles not the inside tiles. so they make the game boring.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years

Yea, Its kinda weird to see lava on floor.
At least change the walk way path to match the tiles.
I suggest insert new tiles. that can help you a lot.
the problem is most of the hack just change the outside tiles not the inside tiles. so they make the game boring.

New tiles for the floor (which match a lot better) were inserted like an hour after I posted the update. I will update my update with the new tiles when I have time. Trust me, I know they looked weird, that's why we found tiles that match better.

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
Nice progress!
And cool to see that the first gym will be fire-type!
It's a nice challenge in the beginning as Aron is weak to fire type moves
I'm always reluctant to use Aron, so for me it'll be an even nicer challenge
Hope to see an alpha/beta for this soon =)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hmm about the gym tiles, I would suggest making it look as if the ground tiles and the lava tiles are on different depts. Cause it looks like they're on the same plane and one could just walk into it [granted I know you probably made it unpassable]. Just a suggestion. Also the lava looks super cool, is it animated?

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Hmm about the gym tiles, I would suggest making it look as if the ground tiles and the lava tiles are on different depts. Cause it looks like they're on the same plane and one could just walk into it [granted I know you probably made it unpassable]. Just a suggestion. Also the lava looks super cool, is it animated?

yea, ill try to fix that, and as for the lava tiles, they are not animated, sorry :(, ill try to see what i can do about that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
b-1.jpg

i think you should revamp the trees on this one it looks kind of plain... but overall this hack is looking pretty good to me..

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Hey, from the screenshots i cant tell much more, but from the tiles, i love them, i am not a fan of the trees though but you manage to merge it well with the other tiles..haha,
i don't know if i have post here before,lol,
but anyway i would like to see more screenshots related to the storyline..xD

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
b-1.jpg

i think you should revamp the trees on this one it looks kind of plain... but overall this hack is looking pretty good to me..

Revamp how? Re-map? A totally new tree tile?

Hey, from the screenshots i cant tell much more, but from the tiles, i love them, i am not a fan of the trees though but you manage to merge it well with the other tiles..haha,
i don't know if i have post here before,lol,
but anyway i would like to see more screenshots related to the storyline..xD

We are currently working on a large update. We will have a few new screenshots by the end of the week. Thanks for the comment though. I will make sure some of the screenshots have to do with the storyline.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
Years
Really like that lava idea in the gym.. But it may look better making the floor a floor above it with rock ledges or just making outlines on the lava where it meets pathway for that bit of raised effect. nevertheless still looks beast.

I'll keep checking in on this hack, its got potential. I could possibly help with a hero OW, but I'd need a general idea what you're looking for.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Really like that lava idea in the gym.. But it may look better making the floor a floor above it with rock ledges or just making outlines on the lava where it meets pathway for that bit of raised effect. nevertheless still looks beast.

I'll keep checking in on this hack, its got potential. I could possibly help with a hero OW, but I'd need a general idea what you're looking for.

actually the gym update is pretty outdated now, i inserted a tile that works better for this gym, the lava is still there, but i changed the floor, but we haven't posted any updates because im still working on some maps and inserting tiles for the next towns. but im glad you like it :D, and as for the OW hero, great, we have a spriter,but it won't hurt to have two right?? ill ask adam about it.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
Years
actually the gym update is pretty outdated now, i inserted a tile that works better for this gym, the lava is still there, but i changed the floor, but we haven't posted any updates because im still working on some maps and inserting tiles for the next towns. but im glad you like it :D, and as for the OW hero, great, we have a spriter,but it won't hurt to have two right?? ill ask adam about it.

Haha my bad, well then I assume the gym will look perfect now. And it's probably good you already have one spriter, I don't have the time to be a full fledged one whilst working on Amber myself. I can still try to help out here and there though.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
May 6th Update:
Here is the large update I mentioned before. In this update, I am showing off some of the new gym tiles as well as tiles from the next few towns. Also, two of the D/P Pokemon, Drifloon and Kricketot, are seen battling each other. At the end of the post is a video depicting the new CUT tree that was inserted by AimayBee, complete with an animation.

pIC4.jpg

Two of the D/P Pokemon available in Raging Fury.

PIC5.jpg

A picture of Route 4, as well as the new Pokeball sprite.

Pic6.jpg

A picture of one of the new villages, Ti-Bo-Wan Village. Named after the lake that lies adjacent to the village.

pic7.jpg

A picture of a few of the new tiles that can be found in the game.

Pic3.jpg

A picture from the inside of the first gym. (The layout has been re-done for anyone that cares.)

pic1.jpg

A picture of one of the newer events.

Here is a short video showing off the new CUT tree + animation.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Awesome update! The gym tiles are remarkable now, love it. However I am not a fan of the new cut tree's. They're kind of odd. also in the fourth screenshot the colors of tiles pop, which is a good thing, but the door of the houses appear REALLY dull. Either way I'm really starting to like this hack.

marcc5m

what
Years
Drifloon sprite is way too big. Resize, resprite or just use the B/W one. But that one has got to go. A lot of tiles are in different styles too, such as the doors. Mountains don't have a very rocky texture, although I'm going to assume that's just a path on top.
I'd say more bt cba.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Drifloon sprite is way too big. Resize, resprite or just use the B/W one. But that one has got to go. A lot of tiles are in different styles too, such as the doors. Mountains don't have a very rocky texture, although I'm going to assume that's just a path on top.
I'd say more bt cba.
To the contrary I find nothing wrong with Drifblims backsprite so long as all of the others are about the same size.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Awesome update! The gym tiles are remarkable now, love it. However I am not a fan of the new cut tree's. They're kind of odd. also in the fourth screenshot the colors of tiles pop, which is a good thing, but the door of the houses appear REALLY dull. Either way I'm really starting to like this hack.

Thanks, I know the house doors are dull, I'm hoping we can find a better substitute for the doors. Glad your're really enjoying this so far.

I'd say more bt cba.

Thanks for the suggestion, I changed the sprite to the B/W sprite, it's small but it will have to do. I can't find a neatly re-sized back sprite. About the tiles, is it wrong we are using a lot of diffrent tiles? I don't quite get the point you were trying to make. As for the mountains, that is a simple fix, thanks for pointing it out.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
It's not perfect but it's a bit smaller than your first one. Using the b/w backsprites isn't a good idea seeing as how small some of them are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back