• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Official Doctor Who Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Moffat says it'll be like all our favourite Christmas movies all together; ie. the best ever. For some reason, I don't doubt him.

And the best thing about the BBC picking little-known actors for roles is that, well, we don't KNOW them as well, we haven't set them in our head as anyone. It doesn't feel like anyone else. Amy Pond feels like Amy Pond, Rory Williams feels like Rory Williams. The Doctor is just the Doctor. We don't really know them as anything else much. Especially not over here, because if they are at all famous, it's only in England. :D

EDIT: Also, I just wasted my morning reading Eleven fics on FFnet. ;-;

And then I wrote this. It's horrible, please, but yeah.

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Also, I just found out that the guy who plays Rory used to present CITV, but under a different name (Arthur is his middle name). He was also in Sooty. XD

I KNEW I SAW HIM SOMEWHERE BEFORE! It bugged me so much that I couldn't work out where I'd seen him. When he first appeared in The Eleventh Hour I knew I recognised him from somewhere, but couldn't for the life of me work out where. I never saw him in Sooty, but now you mention it I vaguely recall him from CITV when they still had presenters.

Ahhh, sweet relief. For 3 months that has been bugging me.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
>.>

I didn't ever really watch CITV, so I can't claim I knew him when, but anyway...

YAY for new theme! The Beast below... ♥
(When I say theme, I went the whole hog and set my occupation to 'Star whale' > w<)

Rich Boy Rob

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
>.>

I didn't ever really watch CITV, so I can't claim I knew him when, but anyway...

YAY for new theme! The Beast below... ♥
(When I say theme, I went the whole hog and set my occupation to 'Star whale' > w<)

I think it looks cool, but in my opinion your occupation should 'Pilot' :P

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
Wait, what? Read what?!

Oh, Hitchemian tigers, how I love them... *goes into a tangent that is most definitely Who-related but no one will understand it* The way their scales need moisture all the time makes them perfect to encounter the Doctor upon the lost moon of Poosh - where there are fantastic swimming pools! Lalalalaaaa, I just had my tiger, Strongjaw, comment on how 'Rory' sounds like a tiger name, because it would be a do-name, like Bounce, rather than a like-name, like Strongjaw or Longbody, or Big. Lalalala.... *dances off with Strongjaw, for I myself am the girl who accompanies him on his quest to film off-planet for the storeroom archives*

Rich Boy Rob

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Oh right, I read that a couple of days ago. It's really quite good. Couldn't really picture 11 drinking though, 10 yes, 11... not so much.

Years
Oh right, I read that a couple of days ago. It's really quite good. Couldn't really picture 11 drinking though, 10 yes, 11... not so much.

I could picture 11 hungover and 10 drunk. XD

The latter because of in The Girl in the Fireplace. The former because... I'unno, I can just see him shushing Amy when she raises her voice and him being realy grumpy and stuff.

Oh, and Ninja, it's quite interesting. Don't quite get the poem bits, but I suppose that's whta a Song Fic is?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
yes, that's what a song fic is.

I just realised that song goes with something else from Who.

Actually, that song goes with too much from Who. Every regeneration, every change of companion, I could write something involving that song. Ten's regeneration, I've realised, might've made a better song, what with Rose and everything.

I could quite easily imagine 11 hungover as well, for some reason. lol.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Oooh, it's the first Sunday without Doctor Who and it's going to be a loooooong night.

I think I know how the Doctor feels when he loses a companion now. Sort of.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I'm not a member of this club... why? I guess I'm joining now.

I just saw The Pandorica Opens last night (Canada shows them later) and I'm a little ragey that I have to wait a week to see the last episode of the season/series. D:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
This place is, like, falling apart without Doctor Who on, lol.

Question! What's your favourite music from Doctor Who?

Mine's gotta be the Eleventh Doctor's action theme, "I am the Doctor"

My God, that's actually pretty cute and sweet,
I've never heard it without the speaking and such.
But it's so pacey.
It works well.
Because it has a guitar in it.

Rich Boy Rob

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
This place is, like, falling apart without Doctor Who on, lol.

Question! What's your favourite music from Doctor Who?

Mine's gotta be the Eleventh Doctor's action theme, "I am the Doctor"

Yay someone thought of something to actually post! :D

I have to agree with you on that music. I like how sort of... dramatic it is, it really makes the moment feel more intense.

Have ever seen on Confidential when they show parts of the episode being shot? It just seems so strange and... wrong without the music and sound effects in the background, even though most of the time you hardly notice they're there.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I sure notice they're there. Sends a shiver down my spine and makes me feel like something BIG is going to happen as soon as I hear that motif being played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back