• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV shows/Movies you can't stand

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
What are some movies that you hated so much that you couldn't even fathom to watch all of, or movies that you did watch all of but wish you hadn't?

I couldn't stand Fargo or No Country for Old Men. I appreciated them but will never watch them again. Also, didn't like There Will Be Blood and wasn't a big fan of Pulp Fiction either.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I couldn't stand Fargo or No Country for Old Men. I appreciated them but will never watch them again. Also, didn't like There Will Be Blood and wasn't a big fan of Pulp Fiction either.
I TAKE UMBRAGE WITH ALL FOUR OF THESE THINGS. love em all to varying degrees. I'm just curious -- what didn't you like about em?

I saw about 15 minutes of American Sniper and that was enough for me to renounce it forever, I think. deserved none of the praise it got; an average war movie with an incredible boner for America. Nah.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
The Coen Brother movies are a hit or miss for me. While I didn't like Fargo or No Country for Old Men, I really did like The Big Lebowski, Bridge of Spies and Unbroken. I appreciate their work and if I see a movie of theirs that looks good I will still go see it because I try to go in neutral with any movie/tv show/anime I watch. A lot of the movies I didn't like for personal reasons, or they just annoyed the hell out of me.

Fargo- the movie was so freaking stereotypical and I wanted to rip my hair out after all of the cheesiness with the accents at the end. Like I've never been to that part of Canada/Minnesota/wherever the hell that was at but after this movie I NEVER WILL GO THERE. Just hearing the word Canada pissed me off for a month after this movie. It did have a decent story but there were so many characters I didn't like and how stupid the police seemed to be that the whole thing just pissed me off.

No Country for Old Men-To be fair, I was hanging out with a friend and we had watched Ben Affleck's The Town before this so I already was hyped before watching this. Javier Bardem did an outstanding job as the antagonist and he scared the hell out of me and my friend in the movie. I did like how suspenseful the movie was but I did feel like the main character made so many stupid moves; like he could have just left after getting the money and went super far away. I also hated all of the useless killings, I know it's the Coen Brothers' style but I wished there was more character development.

There Will Be Blood- Okay, Daniel Day-Lewis did a great job playing Daniel Plainview, the main character. The guy was a dick and I had time where I hated him, then liked him then hated him then liked him again but that's just good acting imo. I felt the same way about this movie as I did when reading Atlas Shrugged, it was a 2 and a half hour movie that could have fit into an hour and a half. The soundtrack sucked and I thought the movie was painfully boring many times throughout the movie. Also it was obvious what would happen at the end, the man would become a miserable old man after all his hard years of success....

Pulp Fiction- Maybe this movie was amazing at the time it came out but it didn't thrill me like I was hoping for. It is a hilarious movies, with some great action scenes and memorable quotes but it didn't wow me either. I didn't know what to expect from the movie even though all I heard about it was praise from other. So when it was available on Netflix I finally decided to watch it. I liked how the scenes were out of order and the style was good I just personally didn't like it. Also, WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE SUITCASE!? The movie is one of the most overrated movies ever imo.

Out of these movies the one I hate the most is probably Fargo and the one I hate the least (but still don't like) is No Country for Old Men.

lmao yeah i agree, I love Bradley Cooper and thought that he dd a great job but the movie had way too much hype, and did a good job but wasn't an amazing movie at all. So glad I didn't spend the money to see this in theaters like many of my friends did. People were making the movie out to what it wasn't.

Bay

Years
No Country for Old Men-To be fair, I was hanging out with a friend and we had watched Ben Affleck's The Town before this so I already was hyped before watching this. Javier Bardem did an outstanding job as the antagonist and he scared the hell out of me and my friend in the movie. I did like how suspenseful the movie was but I did feel like the main character made so many stupid moves; like he could have just left after getting the money and went super far away. I also hated all of the useless killings, I know it's the Coen Brothers' style but I wished there was more character development.

I watched both the movie version and read the book version, and yeah agree over the main character and the useless killings. The endings for both versions I was also left feeling, "what?", heh.

As for me, don't think there's really any movie I regretted watching all of (even with No Country for Old Men I enjoyed it a lot overall). When it comes to tv shows I was never into romantic comedies because of the "will they, won't they" tease, so I stay away from shows like, Jane the Virgin. I watched the OC way way back and it's pretty much late night soap-opera, but I was a teenager back then lol.

Last edited:

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
ah I love No Country for Old Men's ending -- wasn't huge on it my first go, but the second time I watched it, it all clicked into place perfectly for me for whatever reason. I think there's a ton of philosophical heft packed into the last 20 minutes or so, moreso than, like, most movies I've seen; I could explain everything but I'd need to watch it again and dissect it like scene by scene, so. maybe some other time. I really need to read the book though; I just finished Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian and absolutely adored it. but yeah, anyway, can't fault your criticisms, acatfrommars, even though I don't agree with 'em. (;

Bay

Years
ah I love No Country for Old Men's ending -- wasn't huge on it my first go, but the second time I watched it, it all clicked into place perfectly for me for whatever reason. I think there's a ton of philosophical heft packed into the last 20 minutes or so, moreso than, like, most movies I've seen; I could explain everything but I'd need to watch it again and dissect it like scene by scene, so. maybe some other time. I really need to read the book though; I just finished Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian and absolutely adored it. but yeah, anyway, can't fault your criticisms, acatfrommars, even though I don't agree with 'em. (;

Hm, I'm probably overdue for a rewatch of the movie then (and perhaps that'll make me mull over the ending of the book version). The book version is pretty good, overall, so I recommend it!

pkmin3033

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. God, I hate this series with a passion bordering on the psychotic. Everything about this was dry, dull, and tedious as hell. The acting especially really rubbed me the wrong way. It showed just how much Star Trek relies on that exploration theme to actually be any good. For a proper space opera set aboard a space station, refer to Babylon Five.

The new Shannara series that just started airing has already offended me beyond all repair and it's only been a few episodes, too. The Elfstones of Shannara was one of my favourite books growing up, and they've BUTCHERED it. It's not so much adaptation distillation, like it was with the Harry Potter films - which, despite glaring inaccuracies and a lot of bad acting, were still enjoyable - but outright butchery. I cannot bear to watch any more. It's turned into some godawful teenage drama and it's truly atrocious.

As for movies...at least half of the superhero movies I've seen qualify for this. Spiderman 3, all three Fantastic Four films, every X-Men film asides from First Class and Days of Future Past, both Amazing Spiderman films, Green Lantern, Nolan's Batman trilogy, Man of Steel...some of the older Superman ones. Superhero films are very much a hit-and-miss thing for me.

Also, the Hobbit trilogy. The Lord of the Rings films did a fairly good job condensing the books into manageable chunks and, whilst they cut a lot of important stuff out, they also removed a lot of garbage that made the books a real slog at points and were fairly watchable. The Hobbit trilogy was not. It was layered in more padding and filler than Naruto, poorly paced, and generally tedious. I sat through the Extended Editions for the "complete" experience, and my god, I'll probably never watch or read anything set on Middle Earth again. It actually caused me physical pain, because I had a splitting headache by the end of it. Urrgh.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
A lot of people are gonna be mad at me, but I dislike 99% of the shows that the CW creates. I think they have a very unique way of pairing some of the worst actors with some of the worst written stuff I've seen. The 100 actually had a good storyline, but I can't get past how bad some of the acting is, I stopped watching because it made me so mad. Like, who did they beat out? Were the rest of the auditions REALLY that bad??

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Game of Thrones is the most overrated thing on TV; especially now that it apparently sucks even for fans. One of the best examples of bad adaptation; discussed this with a friend who loves the books that they didn't do the best job before they started making up stupid plotpoints or dropping them entirely.
I'm overall just tired of hearing the hype about this show in general; not that I'd really be opposed to the books.

But the #1 worst show on TV is by far The Big Bang Theory and all its spinoffs. I am literally embarrassed for the human race for giving this awful excuse of a comedy any merit whatsoever.

For movies, honestly, I detest Scott Pilgrim vs the World even more because it's so acclaimed. It's so poorly written and textbook style over substance, I can't fathom why anyone would defend it past that. Like it's a deep, rich story.
You like the dumb spectacle, okay, fine.... but don't act like it's anything better than that.

I had to turn it off 40ish minutes in, despite initially liking its quirky sensibilities, but it's exactly the kind of writing in film I absolutely loathe. Middle school fanfiction level.

Last edited:

johnsonraider

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 20, 2018
Hello, I am wishing to don't watch some horror movies, that are so scared and stop my sleep.

Last Sunday I watched horror movie on netflix, they are so scary movies. My parent telling me never see this movies.

I made a list of horror movies on netflix that i have to watch them

Incarnate
The Unborn
The Sixth Sense
Unfriended
Poltergeist
Case 39
The Skeptic
Orphan
The Strangers

Last edited by a moderator:

pkmin3033

...wow, I totally forgot that I used to post with tiny lavender text.

I'm going to add Casualty and Holby City to my list, because hospital dramas...god, they play to every single one of my fears. Mother has them on every week and has for years and...yeah.

Also, NCIS and CSI and everything associated with them. They're very poorly written and there are just better cop/detective shows out there. NCIS just keeps going...and going...and going...

Guest123_x1

I can't stand anything from Seth MacFarlane. His shows are so crass, I can't understand how some of them (particularly Family Guy) were even allowed on broadcast TV in the first place.

Heck, I don't care for nearly anything on prime time TV these days.

AlexMills

pokemaster
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
Maniac. It's a new show from Amazon or Netflix or something. Watched 2 episodes of it and cursed the time I wasted on them.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I havent actually seen a show I can't stand, i just prefer not to watch them. I guess if i had to say any though, be reality shows? I mean I watch Fixer Upper, Love it or List it, Impractical Jokers, Adam Ruins everything, and maybe a few others. Like I wanna watch Amsterdam, looked interesting. But I like to watch cartoons a lot more

Years
Oh yeah! An opportunity to get caustic. It's..
ACRIMONY TIME!

A Million Ways To Die in The West:
... words defy me. I found it disgusting, unfunny and a grave waste of talent. For Liam Neeson, anyway. I snickered at one scene and that was the one without the smut. I also had hives at the time. It compounded the pained-ness. Ah, cripes. Just don't talk about it.

Brooklyn: see dull.
I was expecting something amusing and feel-good, tinted with some depressing themes like a miscarriage or something, but nothing happened for two hours. General Hux didn't even order a planet to get destroyed. Rubbish.

Birds of a Feather:
I hate it. I really hate it. Did I mention I hate it? 'Cause I do. A lot.

The Walking Dead:
Nightmares. Andrew Lincoln is the man, but Rick's decisions all reeked of badness to a young, judgemental and impressionable git like me. Carl Grimes, Michonne and Daryl Dixon, though - they're brilliant.

Mr Robot:
Okay... aww, gross. What?! NO. < my reaction to the few episodes I endured. The first was the best but the designer hobo got on my frayed nerves. Rami Malek's eyes redeem the show a little but Darlene was intolerable.

American Pie:
As a twelve year old, it pissed me off. Give me a few years and I might not barf up my tonsils every time I even hear about it. Like everything on this list, I didn't watch it by choice.

There are a few more, but I can't remember them. Thank the Tonsil Lord.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Incredibles series - The first movie seemed so bland to me. I also felt forced to watch it once in school when I didn't want to. For that matter, I didn't bother to watch the second movie because it just really annoys the crap out of me.

Atypical - omg can I just say how cringeworthy this is? It's not even close to what autism is like, and I heard a lot of other autistics feel the same way. I watched the first season, and I just couldn't even be bothered to watch the second. Netflix shouldn't have even renewed it because it's literally the worst autism representation you could hope to watch.

Saving Private Ryan - Not sure really why I hate it, but I think it's just the gore. I never liked it, and I always hated when my dad watched it to the point where I would go into my room and avoid it. ><

There's probably more, but I can't think of them atm. ^^;

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
As someone who liked watching sitcoms growing up, I never enjoyed That '70's show.

Back