• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where will Ash Go after the Unova League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't think the Team Plasma arc is going to be that long, I think I saw somewhere that it's just a couple of episodes. (I'll try and find that)

I'm not sure what will happen after this. I feel like the Unova season was really short.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
They going to make up crap like what they did after the Hoenn. The Johto was planned from the very start, you saw Ho-Oh on episode 1 of Pokemon and at the end of Johto we were introduced to a few Hoenn Pokemon, but now it's just retarded, they've gone too far now.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I look at it from a need stand point as to where they need to go back and address. Or what is good for this marketing wise.

Kanto - They have already revisited Kanto with BF, unless there was a Kanto centric game i.e. a Yellow Remake this I don't see a point going there. The only scenario I can see is him competing in the Indigo League again, and do we really have enough time between now and the next generation for another Kanto arc?

Johto - Aside from Cameron alluding that he thought the League was going to be in Ecruteak City there is no real reason to revisit Johto. HGSS already had its promo in DP Saga, and there is no need to promote Johto especially after they got another promo in Movie 13 right before Gen V. Unless they decided to locate Battle Frontier there instead of Sinnoh then that's one thing but I doubt at this point they will do that.

Hoenn - They could go there to promote a possible RS reake, but they don't necessarily need to go to a region to promote the game. Otherwise if its not for game promotion I don't see a reason to go.

Sinnoh - Again there is the BF scenario, but I doubt it happening. Cynthia could always invite them along with Caitlin but I highly doubt that.

Unkown - Basically a region(sub-region) like Orange Islands that has yet to be explored or not mentioned and can be an Anime exclusive location if need be. For me this situation can be possible since its quite open to going and doing something need as I feel they would have plenty of room to work with and could also focus on all the pokemon.

Right now though I figure they will probably try and run the series in Unova at least until Movie 16 and link the N/Plasma arc to the movie in some way. Then after July I could see the an Unknown place scenario happen since they are already visiting locations in Unova they have yet to visit. So after they get done visiting these Unova locations I think anything can happen at that point.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
It's always bugged me that Johto never got their own villanous team, maybe a new season can introduce one, and maybe they've taken over and someone like Lance calls Ash for help.

I think Season 17/18 could be used to close some plot holes before Generation VI. You know, Ash's father could be introduced, Ash's Primeape could finish training. Ash could fulfill his promise to recalim Pidgeot.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I would say he will visit a new region, or go back to one of the older regions for some new filler adventure.

And Iron1234, Johto IS connected to Kanto, so I would say Johto is also Giovanni's turf.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It's always bugged me that Johto never got their own villanous team, maybe a new season can introduce one, and maybe they've taken over and someone like Lance calls Ash for help.

I think Season 17/18 could be used to close some plot holes before Generation VI. You know, Ash's father could be introduced, Ash's Primeape could finish training. Ash could fulfill his promise to recalim Pidgeot.
Yes but to introduce Ash father, I think would be at the point they start a maturation process and right now I don't see that happening. He has pretty much stayed the same trainer over the years give or take his increased battle prowess in AG and DP(which was all taken away).

If its just VI I think they wouldn't put much focus on past pokes so if Primeape was to come back into the picture aside from an opening he would have to return to Kanto same for Pidgeot since he is in Viridian Forest.

I would say he will visit a new region, or go back to one of the older regions for some new filler adventure.

And Iron1234, Johto IS connected to Kanto, so I would say Johto is also Giovanni's turf.
Question is what would the improvise if they went to a new region(unless it is a Orange Island esque area).

And I agree TR is Johto team as they have shown with instance at Whirl Islands and Lake of Rage. So having him return to Johto to battle a team never seen before would seem to be out of place.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
An Orange Islands like season will most likely take place. If any main characters return, I'd go for either Brock or May. I think they could benefit from bring May back because they don't have any lesser experienced trainers out of the group.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Arguably, it's going to depend on how long they decide to make this current arc. As of right now, we have about 35-38 Weeks until October when the new games release. So, barring any breaks between episode or between this season and the next, they could extend this whole arc into the next generation, or some up with some other arc to fill in a gap between this generation and the next generation.

Years
Well, a new season in the US would be called "Adventures in Unova" (or something like that), so I think that Ash still remains in Unova before beginning a completely new series with 6 generations.
Anyway, there were not even Team Plasma in BW anime, and they should be there by now after Unova League. This new series will likely to extend for a few months ... and then "Welcome new region and a new story"! :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Sorry for being a bias pearlshipper, but I read that Dawn is in Johto now and I actually can see some hidden team that we never knew about. That would make sense if they took over the pokemon league in Johto, conquered Team Rocket, and Lance called Ash for help because they were patient and made sure they were strong enough to do all of that at once. You can yell at me for being a bias pearlshipper but don't disregard my support for a mini-arc in Johto.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Buuuuump! Please don't revive threads over a month old.

-closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back