• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your major/career?

Major/Career Fields

• Total voters

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Computer Science, specifically Computer Programming.

I'm about to start my second year of community college, and I can safely say that programming is a very difficult but rewarding activity. Being able to say "Yeah, my code works!" after HOURS of writing and debugging... that feeling of accomplishment is simply indescribable.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I'm a nursing major who's finishing up all of the prereqs to be able to get into the nursing program at my local university. :]

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Computer Information Systems. Though I want to switch to Political Science, there lies the concern what I'd do with my degree in it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm working on my bachelors degree in Information Technology. Part of me wants to switch, but I really don't want to tbh. I love technology too much.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
Bachelor of Business and Commerce. Sooooo cool Im only in my first year and start second semester tomorrow

Years
I'm working for my undergrad in Biology. Hopefully after that I'll focus on Zoology or some other sub-field of bio. I have to set my career choice in stone.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm a housekeeper in a gated retirement community. Technically I now work for an outside agency, but I'm paid directly from clients and my boss is part of the community's administration.

Word of advice: If you have the option to not work for an agency, then don't work for an agency. It's absolutely terrible. Rant below.

Spoiler:

So remember, kids: Unless the agency you're applying to is specialized and not some two-bit, jack-of-all-trades piece of garbage, don't even bother with it because they don't care about you as an individual employee.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I'm going in for Computer Information, but we'll see if that sticks around. I'm not sure if I'm smart enough for it, and my mind has slowly been turning towards the medical field. So. I chose other in the poll.

Years
I've been making pizza for about four years now.

I don't have a college degree nor do I plan on getting one anytime soon, because I'm poor and tuition and loans are too ridiculous these days. So I'm probably going to be stuck in foodservice for a loooong time. But honestly I don't really mind right now. I like my job.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
I was working in Barclays fraud department for about 6/7 months until last month when I had to quit due to getting no shifts.
I now work doing the same job but for Lloyds TSB instead :p

It's a great job purely because of the idiots who we catch trying to lie their way into someone else's account ;)

Back