• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
pikachu-1.png
torchic.png
chikorita2.png
Hack Name
chikorita.png
torchic-1.png
pikachu-2.png

RescueRangersBanner.png

pikachu-1.png
Hack Of
pikachu-2.png

POKéMON Ruby U.S. Version

torchic.png
Awards
torchic-1.png

how5textqg4.png
how5bannerfk5.jpg
20080703-me9k6jqus7p7q34nqcq36fb3pk.png
nno85u.png

chikorita2.png
Introduction
chikorita.png

This will be the second version of Ruby Destiny. However, unlike the first version, which was Reign of Legends, where I only did almost all the stuff solo, this time, I wanna have a hack team to help me. So, my team and I introduces to you, POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers!

pikachu-1.png
Story
pikachu-2.png

You're just a simple and average kid living in the real world. The day has come, yes! It's your 12th birthday. To celebrate it, you invited 4 of your friends who, like you, loves POKéMON as well. But then, when you were about to begin, a strange aura came in the room and made you loose your consciousness.
Once you woke up, you found yourself deep in the forest which you aren't familiar with, and then you heard strange cries of animals. You checked it out and to your surprise, you found a Torchic and a Chikorita for real, or, they found you.
A dream come true, or a nightmare? They told you that you're a POKéMON as well, a Pikachu! Shocked and confused, they offered you to join their Rescue Team. Having nowhere else to go, you agreed. And so your journey, as a new being, begins.

torchic.png
Story Chapters
torchic-1.png

Spoiler:

chikorita2.png
Features
chikorita.png

Play as a PIKACHU
Rescue Other PKMN Who Needs Help
Chikorita And Torchic Will Be Your Partner
The Three Main Characters(Pikachu, Torchic, Chikorita) Won't Evolve
Heal With Nature; Healing Berries And Healing Plants
New Tiles
New Scripts
New Overworlds
No Catching Items

pikachu-1.png
Screenshots and Videos
pikachu-2.png

torchic.png
Team
torchic-1.png

destinedjagold
Scripter, Mapper, OverWorld Editor, OverWorld Ripper
Nicolas
Spriter, Tiler
C3LEBI-愛
Graphic Editor
Benevolent Wings
Spriter, Sprite Shrinker, Main Alpha Tester, Graphic Editor
Keyrin
Spriter
~ShadowUmbreon~
Beta Tester, President of the FanClub
ShineGreymΘn
Main Beta Tester
EnirevTux
Beta Tester

chikorita2.png
Credits
chikorita.png

Hacking Tool Creators - Awesome Hacking Tools
thethethethe - Script Help, Script Tutorial
Xiros - Script Help
Fire Flame - Pidgey Overworld Sprite
WAH - Cactus & Tree Tiles
Ozumas - Mountain Tiles
TotoMud - POKéMON OverWorlds
~Daisuke~ - Devihell Overworld
Samson - Amorswan Sprite
Mystery_Dungeon - Dratini Overworld Sprites
EternalLight - Gardevoir Overworld Sprite
Desperate Milotic - Mystery Dungeon Box & TM Disc Overworld Sprites
Mr. C - Celebi & Steelix Overworld Sprites
amyrosesweetie - Bellosom OverWorld Sprites
Danskeren - Cyndaquil Overworld Sprites
Sythes - Totodile Overworld Sprites
emocresselia - Felinar Sprite
Wichu - Giratina's True Form Reference Sprite
revenge101 - Sprinephy Reference Sprite
Forgotten Memory - Shaymin's Sky Form Reference Sprite & Website Hosting
WraithPhantom73 - Shaymin's Sky Form Sprite
Crossel - Shaymin Sky Forme Backsprite

pikachu-1.png
Bugs And Glitches
pikachu-2.png

Fixed Minor Deadly
1. Seen the video? If you have, then don't choose 'No'...
2. Torchic's OverWorld in the third mission is a tree...
3. Some text error/typo...
4. After reaching Garden Field from Veronica Town, save your game, for there's a script which doesn't work properly...
5. Heading towards Mt. Krystal again will cause the Angeallen script again...
6. Heading to Vapid Swamp will trap you there...
7. Do not lose to Regirock...
8. Do not lose to either Rayquaza and Angeallen in Mt. Krystal...
9. Don't lose to Aquadine...
10. Losing to any battles inside the Tower of Fate will cause some major glitches for unknown reasons...

torchic.png
Banners
torchic-1.png

Spoiler:

chikorita2.png
Ending Message
chikorita.png

Well, the reason for me to do this hack with my team is to create an enjoyable hack for you all. Knowing that there are lots of other excellent hacks around, I only wish to hack for fun, and not to compete with anyone here on the forum. Though we can't guarantee a perfect hack with no errors, I just hope you find this one a worthwhile ROM-hack to play.

Before playing the hack, be sure to read the rules on how to apply patches, and make sure that your Ruby ROM has the MUGS intro, as what you can see inside the spoiler in the screenshots.

If you found some bugs or errors in the game, please post them in the thread entitled POKéMON Ruby Destiny Help Thread located in the Scrapbox.

If you wish to post some feedback about this hack, please remember to read the rules, the POKéCommunity Global rules and as well as the Hack Showcase rules.

Also, always remember to have fun while playing the hack game. ;)

pikachu-1.png
torchic.png
chikorita2.png
Download
chikorita.png
torchic-1.png
pikachu-2.png

POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers Final Version 1.84

destinedjagoldnd4.png

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
this hack is defintiely reminiscent of that of mystery dungeon. Im not really a fan of that kind of game, but im still very much looking forward to this one. the overworld is good, and...what is with that zelda-esque (or is it not, or wat?) room in the third last screenie lol ? anyway gd luck to the team on this hack!

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Congratulations on getting it up :).
It looks good so far, The best thing I liked about it were the three Pokemon?
I don't know how you did it, (wouldn't the palettes be too small for three pokemon)?

I also recommend changing the tree, maybe using one of the threes from Fr or Emerald.
I'll see if I can find it for you, it looks farely similiar, and would do a good job.
I'll have it up in a few minutes.

Edit:
Here ya go!, I think it's from emerald, not too sure.

Last edited:

Caina

Nankurunaisa
Years
.....I never thought you would include meh in the team when I helped you. Oh well. Nice outcome...(even though I see you hack EVERYDAY...). Still good luck. You'll need it. :P

Anyways, everything seems to be ok...for now.
I will be expecting some of your "demands" in making you some sprites. Well....,

Au Revoir...

driger369

Fortitude Creed
Years
This is going to be amazing! I'm waiting for MD2 so this is going to be the perfect way to wait! I can't wait to see it, good luck!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Yo DJG! Your hacck finally got into the show case! Good Luck! Oh and I got first post.

Lucky you to be the first one to post! :P
Anyways, yeah, I'm glad it's up... :)
That means we'll be working harder to give everyone a nice hack. ^^

this hack is defintiely reminiscent of that of mystery dungeon. Im not really a fan of that kind of game, but im still very much looking forward to this one. the overworld is good, and...what is with that zelda-esque (or is it not, or wat?) room in the third last screenie lol ? anyway gd luck to the team on this hack!

Thanks and I don't get you with your comment about the third-to-the-last screeny... :\
I ain't no Zelda fan, though.., but thanks.
Also, this ain't no remake of Mystery DUngeon, but it's like those games. ;)

Congratulations on getting it up :).
It looks good so far, The best thing I liked about it were the three Pokemon?
I don't know how you did it, (wouldn't the palettes be too small for three pokemon)?

I also recommend changing the tree, maybe using one of the threes from Fr or Emerald.
I'll see if I can find it for you, it looks farely similiar, and would do a good job.
I'll have it up in a few minutes.

Edit:
Here ya go!, I think it's from emerald, not too sure.

Er, well, thanks, but I spent 5 days just to work on one tree tile.., so I think I'll be keeping the old tree.
Thanks anyways.

.....I never thought you would include meh in the team when I helped you. Oh well. Nice outcome...(even though I see you hack EVERYDAY...). Still good luck. You'll need it. :P

Anyways, everything seems to be ok...for now.
I will be expecting some of your "demands" in making you some sprites. Well....,

Au Revoir...

Ahahah! :D
Thanks.., bro. :D

This is going to be amazing! I'm waiting for MD2 so this is going to be the perfect way to wait! I can't wait to see it, good luck!

Thank you. =3

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey, thanks!
I love them! =3

And.., er... :\
The beta's already ready... :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I can't believe this is finally here!
YAY!!!!!!!!
I'll play the beta after school today.
I got half days today and tomorrow.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
The Three Main Characters(Pikachu, Torchic, Chikorita) Won't Evolve

Can't they evolve after completing the main story? You know like in the Mystery Dungeon games?

Be nice to have stronger pokemon unless there is a reason why they won't evolve.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Wooh its up im so happy litterally came here every day to see if its up so if you need any ideas ill be avalible and also for mappin. I also redid a lot of maps in reighn of legends to make it look better
(in my opion of course)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Can't they evolve after completing the main story? You know like in the Mystery Dungeon games?

Be nice to have stronger pokemon unless there is a reason why they won't evolve.

the main reason why they won't evolve is because it could ruin the balance of the game... For instance, the overworlds... and the back sprite... :\

Legend12

A Legend
Years
Man this is so cool. Nice work. I am sure you will fix all your bugs very soon and I can't wait to play the Beta. Your games are always the best! xD

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
oh my god rescue rangers is up, this hack is like nothing ive seen, you have offically out =done yourself

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
Looks very good, but 1 thing:
WHY???????? WHY PIKACHU????
I know it´s THE Pokémon, but really, I don´t like it^^ (It´s just me, I think lol)
Why don´t you let the player choose? Like in Mystery Dungeon, without the questions...

And hey, did you make these Overworlds?

Anyways, good luck,
Bombah!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
First, good luck on this new project.
And, I know it's still a bit early to give a rushed opinion, so I'll wait till this takes a bit more of shape. An interesting idea, but... it's really weird to see the oversized Pikachu OW talking with real people (O.O), and I'm curious about how the three Pokémon will battle...(:S) That's all I'll say.

But I'll check it out often. It'll improve, I'm sure of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back