• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodSaurus

Rock hard all night, baby
Years
I'm liking this hack. It's cery original and promises a good future.

The problem that I see is that the pokemon's overworlds doesn't seem to combine with the tiles.

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
wow, how awsome! destinyjagold did a brilliant job with reign of legends, so this is gonna be somthing special. also, a beta already! and i love the way you've managed to make pokemon sprites! well done(goes to download)

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
hey, this is great, iv'e just downloaded it, and it's really good, would it be within the bounds of the game to make it so, if you switched a pikachu with a chikorita on the list, would it be possible to make a chikorita overworld show up? also, i hvnt played much but is it possible to capture new pokemon in this beta? if so, you can't exactly use a pokeball can you? it would seem a bit degrading. how about you throw, say, a contact, and the pokemon wobbles(like in the ball) as he's thinking about it, and he either says yes or no, and the lower his health got, the more he'd want to sign up. im no spriter, but i'm pretty sure you could change the text and the graphic of the pokeball coudn't you? anyways, great work, well done.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Looks very good, but 1 thing:
WHY???????? WHY PIKACHU????
I know it´s THE Pokémon, but really, I don´t like it^^ (It´s just me, I think lol)
Why don´t you let the player choose? Like in Mystery Dungeon, without the questions...

And hey, did you make these Overworlds?

Anyways, good luck,
Bombah!

PIKACHU is because.., well.., it's the main PKMN in any PKMN games... :D
And also, doing such is really my team's original idea, however, I think it ain't possible, considering the fact that the hacker should assign different OverWorlds to their choice... I don't have that much of the knowledge, though... :\

First, good luck on this new project.
And, I know it's still a bit early to give a rushed opinion, so I'll wait till this takes a bit more of shape. An interesting idea, but... it's really weird to see the oversized Pikachu OW talking with real people (O.O), and I'm curious about how the three Pokémon will battle...(:S) That's all I'll say.

But I'll check it out often. It'll improve, I'm sure of that.

Ahahah... :D
The battle is same old-same old. Just removed the POKéBALL animation and changed the backsprite. ;)
Thanks, zel.

I'm liking this hack. It's cery original and promises a good future.

The problem that I see is that the pokemon's overworlds doesn't seem to combine with the tiles.

Yeah, well... C3LEBI hasn't been around for a while, though...
He was supposed to change the graphics... :\
Oh well... No harm done. :D

Wow, I can't believe it's up already! I really liked Reign of Legends, so I'll love this hack! Good luck!
I'd also love to help with sprites and tiles.

Yes, please, the more spriters, the better results. ^^
I'll PM ya if we need anything, k..? :P
Thanks.

when i went to land of dead 2nd time i got into hall of fame...

Yeah.., I know. I did that on purpose.

Wow! This storyline is so cool! I can't wait to finish this game! And it's only the first beta!

Btw, where does the first beta end?

~Smell

You'll know when you play through it all. :P

hey, this is great, iv'e just downloaded it, and it's really good, would it be within the bounds of the game to make it so, if you switched a pikachu with a chikorita on the list, would it be possible to make a chikorita overworld show up? also, i hvnt played much but is it possible to capture new pokemon in this beta? if so, you can't exactly use a pokeball can you? it would seem a bit degrading. how about you throw, say, a contact, and the pokemon wobbles(like in the ball) as he's thinking about it, and he either says yes or no, and the lower his health got, the more he'd want to sign up. im no spriter, but i'm pretty sure you could change the text and the graphic of the pokeball coudn't you? anyways, great work, well done.

Well, pokeballs are removed. and I intend the players not to catch any pokemon in this hack...
instead, some pkmn around will join you through scripts.
depends on the plot I'm writing.

and btw, I'm destinedjagold, not destinyjagold. :P

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
I liked it a lot, the story line was very original! The only ting I didn't like was that every time you moved you would encounter a wild pokemon........
Maybe decrease the encounter rate?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I just finished the beta and I thought it was...totally awesome!
I can't wait to play beta 2.
But I think you should cut the pokemon frequency rate down a little.
It's outrageously annoying.
Anyway, GL.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I have an idea for another bad guy later on...
do you think you could put in a Dark flygon and call him XD002?

ҳ̸ҲRichie

SkOria
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 1, 2010
A crazy and original idea, the graphics can get better, but personally I don't care much.
I hope to see more, you know, some scripts... o more screens and tiles
Good luck with all your projects!!

gotron228

^_^
Years
hey DJG sorry I ahvnt been wit the community for a while Im actually looking forward to playing this I never knew reign of legends would be come a series anyway great hack and nicly structured!

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Wow! You are a master DJG! I played through the beta, and...wow! Only a couple of text running off the box errors, and such were what I could spot:) This is one of the best looking hacks out there!

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I have an idea for another bad guy later on...
do you think you could put in a Dark flygon and call him XD002?

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Did you read the beginning scripts? He is going to a birthday party dressed in a Pikachu suit.

More4Life

Advanced Mapper
Years
The beta was very good, except for a few text errors it was bug free. Though this is not my type of game it still was worth it.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
:) This is AWESOME.
And the fact its based upon PMD is better (Never played or bought it so it is all new :) )
Anyway,
This is looking super super awesome.

P.S: The only bad thing I can think of is the sprites look a bit freaky compared to the tiles however I still like the fact you used MD sprites :)

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
yes the rescue ranger finally in hack showcase :D ill try your beta ryt now :D also i support your hack gud luck to your hack project :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back