• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Played through this earlier, it's good, but i have a few problems with it;
1. The text. Alot of it isn't presented very well, I'm talking about how the words have been presented, and Grammar too.
2. Oak's lab, I know this isn't really an important point, but Oak's lab has been squished, terribly. All the people that were there in Yellow, are not in this game.
3. Rival has no theme. Still,not that important, but without it, seeing your rival just isn't the same anymore.
4. Some music don't fit where they are; like for example, the Mum's theme plays all through Red's house.

Other than that, I really enjoyed playing it.
(though I only went up to the 2nd Gym)

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks for the input.

1. The majority (probably 95% ish) is text from the game. Can you let me know which text was an issue

2. When you look at PLY and HGSS labs side by side, they're not that much different size and shape wise

3. The rival theme is now in (though not the yellow version). THe other encounter themes will be soon

4. I am missing a lot of the music for hgss, though i have a download running now that hopefully has the missing stuff in.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Seems like the music i'm missing wasn't in the pack i had. oh well

All the sprites have been reposistioned, testing up till rocket hideout is completed

Progress has been slow, i'm waiting on a new power supply for my external hard drive to arrive so i can start work again

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Thanks for the input.

1. The majority (probably 95% ish) is text from the game. Can you let me know which text was an issue

2. When you look at PLY and HGSS labs side by side, they're not that much different size and shape wise

3. The rival theme is now in (though not the yellow version). THe other encounter themes will be soon

4. I am missing a lot of the music for hgss, though i have a download running now that hopefully has the missing stuff in.

1. I forgot where the text was, i'll go back and look over it.

2. But from that picture, it just bugs me even more. The entrance area is smaller than it should be, there should be (from the original Yellow) Enough room down there to fit two Aides and a woman down there...

3. I've remixed a version of the Yellow Rival theme, to sound like a ds game.
You can have it if you want??

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I've got a question about the Pokedex on the Lightning Yellow site.

Why are Kakuna and Beedrill silhouetted, and Weedle isn't?

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years

I'd argue that since this is based off yellow, it would make more sense to base oak's lab from pokemon yellow (or possibly FR/LG) rather than HG/SS?

Gen2 takes place 2 years after generation1 games doesn't it? oak may have just decided to renovate.

not really a big deal either way. the aides are pretty useless.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
I've got a question about the Pokedex on the Lightning Yellow site.

Why are Kakuna and Beedrill silhouetted, and Weedle isn't?

Those that are silhouetted are those you can't currently get full pokedex entries for. Weedle you currently can, but Kakuna and Beedrill you can't, since the weedle you have is on loan for a short while

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Seems like the music i'm missing wasn't in the pack i had. oh well

All the sprites have been reposistioned, testing up till rocket hideout is completed

Progress has been slow, i'm waiting on a new power supply for my external hard drive to arrive so i can start work again

Is v.18 finally going to be available to download?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Fuchsia gym almost done
koga-1.png
koga-2.png
koga-3.png
koga-4.png
koga-5.png
koga-6.png
koga-7.png
koga-8.png

Map

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The battle screen looks too spacey for my liking.
Will there be a way to change that in game?
Or is it stuck like it?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Its like that permanently. There's too much coding involved to have multiple sizes that work correctly

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
I updated the game to 1.8 and it had this error message:

Script 'PokemonField * Fishing Edit * Poison' line 1314: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass

This seems to happen every time I use the updater program with the patch. I'm going to try redownloading the demo and see if that doesn't need the patch.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Does the error occur on a particular map or any map?
What are you doing when the error occurs?
Is it a new game or existing save it happens with? If its an existing save try deleting it

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
When i fight in brocks gym i keep getting the script is taking to long. The game will restart. whenever they are about to send out pokemon

and Brock is levitating during the battle beginning

is there anyway to get it to stop saying the script is taking to long?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
i know there is issues with the battler placements with gym leaders

I'll look into the battle issue, its not something I've encountered before

On another note, Route 21 is mapped

Back